Early Mavic Pro Platinum Order - still not delivered!
2065 29 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

I ordered a MPP fly-more combo on 9/7 (48 days ago) and still nothing (order# 0018989421050).   According to this thread (https://forum.dji.com/thread-110991-1-1.html) people who ordered as late as 10/17 already have delivery dates for this Friday...what gives?  When I have chatted with support about this they say that it is waiting to be boxed up - but they have been saying that since Firday (10/20).    FRUSTRATING!

I don't know what this emoji is trying to do but it feels about right for my situation.

2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gleeco, I am sorry for keeping you waiting, there is a highly global demand since Mavic Pro Platinum released, and it causes the main reason for the delay of the shipping. I checked your order, it has escalated to the priority, I personally don't have the specific time frame when it will be shipped at the moment, but once the drone is sent, you will receive a tracking number on your email. I hope you can receive the drone soon.
2017-10-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 00:30
Gleeco, I am sorry for keeping you waiting, there is a highly global demand since Mavic Pro Platinum released, and it causes the main reason for the delay of the shipping. I checked your order, it has escalated to the priority, I personally don't have the specific time frame when it will be shipped at the moment, but once the drone is sent, you will receive a tracking number on your email. I hope you can receive the drone soon.

Thanks for the public response to the OP's order status. This is the first public 'statement' by someone from DJI about why there is an extending delay in shipping specific batch orders. However, the lack of a more detailed official explanation from 'DJI central', is a missed opportunity in customer care and maintaining customer satisfaction. DJI produce amazing products, its such a shame when corporate communication does not match the quality of those products. The lack of an official statement just leads your customers to lose confidence in the company and ultimately this will affect future orders.
2017-10-26
Use props
Albayati
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I made my order for MPP on 10th of September, and i didn’t get it. Their answer is the same, huge demand
2017-10-26
Use props
Albayati
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I made my order for MPP on 10th of September, and i didn’t get it. Their answer is the same, huge demand
2017-10-26
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

Albayati Posted at 2017-10-26 16:01

I would understand "huge demand" if there weren't others getting theirs even though they ordered more than a month after we did.   Frustrating.
2017-10-26
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Sounds like a lot of people's orders fell through the cracks and they just don't want to admit that. Only way to explain why people who ordered earlier aren't getting their drones and people who ordered more recently are. Sad thing is they charge you the second you order, so your money is like an interest-free loan now.
2017-10-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

No one cares; especially DJI.  This is why they are "so sorry."  You must be new to DJI.  So they suck at logistics, but great at engineering the product.  Plenty of companies like that.

It's VERY frustrating, yes, but when that drone arrives...  OH BOY!!  You'll quickly forget about all this.  

2017-10-26
Use props
Albayati
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

AEM74 Posted at 2017-10-26 20:37
Sounds like a lot of people's orders fell through the cracks and they just don't want to admit that. Only way to explain why people who ordered earlier aren't getting their drones and people who ordered more recently are. Sad thing is they charge you the second you order, so your money is like an interest-free loan now.

This is exactly what they are doing, keeping your money with them for more than 2 months.
Amazingly they are promoting for MPP in their website and twitter, as it's available right now..

i will never ever buy any DJI product through their online store. My friend bought the same product from the local market after 2 days from my order (10th SEP) !!!!!
2017-10-26
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Lol.. People waited for half a year on their original Mavic.. Calm down, your bird will come.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-26 00:55
Thanks for the public response to the OP's order status. This is the first public 'statement' by someone from DJI about why there is an extending delay in shipping specific batch orders. However, the lack of a more detailed official explanation from 'DJI central', is a missed opportunity in customer care and maintaining customer satisfaction. DJI produce amazing products, its such a shame when corporate communication does not match the quality of those products. The lack of an official statement just leads your customers to lose confidence in the company and ultimately this will affect future orders.

We sincerely regret for the delay of the order. I as a customer will also feel the same if I experience with this case. And since the first time I received the customers complains, I had reported to the relative department and try my best to help. I really hope all our customer will get the drone to the air in a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
2017-10-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

This is why I purchase any DJI product through an "Authorized Dealer". Bought mine thru Drone Nerds, They sell all DJI Products, their service is amazing, sent a P3P in, dropped it to UPS on a Monday had it back on the following Saturday with free shipping. There are many of these type of retailers thru out the USA. I would rather pay for purchases and/or repairs locally than to have to go thru the DJI process.
2017-10-27
Use props
gleeco
lvl.1
United States

Still nothing.   Only a few more days (most of them weekend days) before the "delivered by the End of October" canned text is going to need to get updated in the support responses.

2017-10-27
Use props
fansb8e7e5a8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22451 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-27 01:38
We sincerely regret for the delay of the order. I as a customer will also feel the same if I experience with this case. And since the first time I received the customers complains, I had reported to the relative department and try my best to help. I really hope all our customer will get the drone to the air in a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you for the explanation, and update. I too have been waiting with no answer, only the promise when ordered it would ship in 7 days. That came and went 2 weeks ago. I will wait longer, for I too love the DJI line and would rather have it built right the first time, and not rushed to appease us only to breakdown.   Thanks Greg Olea.    Order #0014903852048
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansb8e7e5a8 Posted at 2017-10-29 22:38
Thank you for the explanation, and update. I too have been waiting with no answer, only the promise when ordered it would ship in 7 days. That came and went 2 weeks ago. I will wait longer, for I too love the DJI line and would rather have it built right the first time, and not rushed to appease us only to breakdown.   Thanks Greg Olea.    Order #0014903852048

Hi Greg, appreciate your support. I had checked the info, the drone was ordered 10/17, right? The related team are working hard for the delivery of the drone now. Hope you can receive it soon.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans85577907
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1624101 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Strange that EBAY Authorised sellers are advertising delivery with 7 to 10 days! I have got refunds twice now because of non delivery in what was promised. Ordered another one three days ago and was promised delivery in 7 days. Lets wait and see. Third time lucky I hope. If not whats going on with DJi and their sellers on ebay with all this false advertising?
2017-11-2
Use props
fansb8e7e5a8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just like to say my mavic has arrived and loving it
2017-11-12
Use props
fans4ef6e5a1
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Thor,

Would you mind having a look at my Mavic Platinum order too? I ordered 69 days ago, and still have no indication whatsoever of a delivery time. My order number is 0448004898701.

A number of opportunities for me in recent weeks have been missed, and in some cases, I've had to rent a drone to stand in for the one I should have received over a month ago.

This dreadful customer service really sucks the joy out of the experience, and I imagine will sour my (and many others') feelings for DJI for some time yet, including the time using the product. My excitement for the possibilities of using this tool is largely replaced with frustration, feeling overlooked, and outrage that my money has been taken as an indefinite interest-free loan.

Sending a voucher to save £40 on another battery is nice, but I've spent more than that on renting replacements already. When GoPro's Karma was found to have a fault, they gave their customers a free GoPro Hero 5, which equates to about ten times the savings made by the battery voucher. Would rental vouchers, or even a stand-in Mavic Pro not be an appropriate response to those who have been waiting over six weeks beyond their initially promised delivery time? How about a 20% discount? I can't be the only one expecting a different degree of honesty, transparency and meaningful reparation here.

Every one of my support enquiries ends with a response assuring me of DJI's regret, but no actual delivery dates, and to top it all off, an automated question about the quality of service I received- written in Chinese. "1st come 1st served", as repeated in every communication, is meaningless to me, if I don't know where I am in a queue. Besides, saying that global demand has so drastically affected the wait time for delivery, sounds to me a lot like my place in the queue HAS been affected by global demand, and that "first come first served" does in fact not apply after all, at least when ordering from the UK.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans4ef6e5a1 Posted at 2017-11-15 09:32
Hi Thor,

Would you mind having a look at my Mavic Platinum order too? I ordered 69 days ago, and still have no indication whatsoever of a delivery time. My order number is 0448004898701.

That must've caused a real pain for you, I am terribly sorry for the delay in the delivery. I had forwarded your order to the designated team, they will do the best to help. Really appreciate your patience.
2017-11-15
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 22:51
That must've caused a real pain for you, I am terribly sorry for the delay in the delivery. I had forwarded your order to the designated team, they will do the best to help. Really appreciate your patience.

Thank you- I await a response from them. It has now been 71 days since the order.

A further irritation is seeing that plenty of time has been spent on marketing a new "Alpine White" edition of the Mavic Pro, instead of focusing on keeping a past promise of getting the Platinum out the door.
2017-11-17
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jason-G Posted at 2017-11-17 02:25
Thank you- I await a response from them. It has now been 71 days since the order.

A further irritation is seeing that plenty of time has been spent on marketing a new "Alpine White" edition of the Mavic Pro, instead of focusing on keeping a past promise of getting the Platinum out the door.

In my complaints to customer services, after being told yet again that there is "no information" on my order, I've now been quoted your Terms & Conditions, which I've no doubt have been written to cover such delays and prevent any legal recourse- but this conversation shouldn't be about how well DJI can hide behind their legal safeguards, and more about Doing The Right Thing. It is degrading for me to appear to be begging for you to uphold your side of the sale.
2017-11-20
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jason-G Posted at 2017-11-20 02:22
In my complaints to customer services, after being told yet again that there is "no information" on my order, I've now been quoted your Terms & Conditions, which I've no doubt have been written to cover such delays and prevent any legal recourse- but this conversation shouldn't be about how well DJI can hide behind their legal safeguards, and more about Doing The Right Thing. It is degrading for me to appear to be begging for you to uphold your side of the sale.

Lo and behold, I've just received notifications from DPD saying it will all be delivered tomorrow! It must have been shipped days ago- but customer services claimed to know nothing about this today. Either way, it doesn't matter as long as the delivery actually occurs tomorrow- I will be glad to no longer have to follow this matter up with you.
2017-11-20
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jason-G Posted at 2017-11-20 03:18
Lo and behold, I've just received notifications from DPD saying it will all be delivered tomorrow! It must have been shipped days ago- but customer services claimed to know nothing about this today. Either way, it doesn't matter as long as the delivery actually occurs tomorrow- I will be glad to no longer have to follow this matter up with you.

...but it was just for the additional sleeve I had ordered, not the drone itself. Back to square one! 74 days and counting.
2017-11-20
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

Very strange in deed. I purchased my Flymore on the 1st of November and already received it. Wouldn't they at this point just ship a replacement?
2017-11-20
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Boah99 Posted at 2017-11-20 07:30
Very strange in deed. I purchased my Flymore on the 1st of November and already received it. Wouldn't they at this point just ship a replacement?

Wow. While I'm happy for you, I'm pretty disappointed myself that there would be such a discrepancy. Are you also based in the UK? Rather than ship a replacement or expedite shipping of the original unit, I feel like my order has been lost somewhere, although my money certainly hasn't, and everyone is acting like they're at the mercy of some unseen forces, preventing them from even guessing at a delivery date.

Looking at DJI's site, it now says for the Fly More Combo:

"Estimated delivery time: 5-7 working days after payment confirmation"

So, do I need to make a second order to have a chance of actually owning this device I bought 2 and half months ago, so it arrives sometime before 2018? Thor? Any admin who might genuinely know what's going on and won't copy & paste from the list of approved responses?
2017-11-21
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

I ordered mine on Nov 6th at 10:00 PM and received it on Nov 10th I was impressed how fast I got mine. I live in Iowa in the US so to come from China that quick was impressive. My buddy just ordered his Nov 18th Sat Ill report back how fast he gets his he is in Michigan US
2017-11-21
Use props
Jason-G
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As an update, mine has now arrived, just in time for me not to be able to return the rental I had arranged! Oh well, better late than never- it certainly is noticeably quieter, more like a distant lawnmower than a very close weed whacker.
2017-11-28
Use props
Gregs77
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-30 23:21
Hi Greg, appreciate your support. I had checked the info, the drone was ordered 10/17, right? The related team are working hard for the delivery of the drone now. Hope you can receive it soon.

thx you , its here and am loving it. big hit with the neighbors
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gregs77 Posted at 2018-1-29 00:43
thx you , its here and am loving it. big hit with the neighbors

Great! Enjoy your time! And keep flying safely.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At last It’s an amazing drone - enjoy the quiet flights
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now