Micro USB to Micro USB Cables
3470 6 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barryjo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

I want to connect my tablet to the mavic controller with a cable that have micro usb connectors at both ends. I want to connect to the side female connector instead of the larger one down in the center because of a hardware issue with the tablet adapter. The only cables I can find on line that have micro usb connectors on both end state they are OTG "On the go"type. Will they work or possibly cause a problem? Thanks

2017-10-25
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of them will work.  You just need to make sure you plug the host end into the controller, not your phone.   There are also several vendors selling cables specifically for the Mavic.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

In fact, we have a standard USB cable, Type-C connector and a lightning cable on the package. But if you don't have these cables, maybe this link will help: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable
2017-10-25
Use props
Smaree
Banned

China

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-26
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

The OTG cables will work as long as they are a "Data" cable, some are for charging only.

OTG Data Cable
2017-10-26
Use props
Airatarphwolf
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-25 21:27
In fact, we have a standard USB cable, Type-C connector and a lightning cable on the package. But if you don't have these cables, maybe this link will help: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable

Good day,
referring to the earlier question. Would my standard Macbook pro (charging) USB c cable work to directly connect to the Mavic air? As it has a USB c outlet just like the 4 on the MacBook Pro. Now I see myself connecting via an adaptor (apple) on one side to the USB extension of the supplied cable and using the other end to connect to the Drone. Using the C to C cable supplied by Apple would be easier.
2018-4-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I'm not sure if the micro USB on the Mavic Pro controller is setup to accommodate connections through on the go cables, but never tried. Basically it would be a better fit to snag your wire up along the middle USB connector sitting underneath the Mavic controller?
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules