123Next >
8569 81 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

I have same issue too. Back to my old propellers everthing is fine.
DJI said that propellers is NOT including in warrantly so they won't refund or exchange

2017-11-10
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I use the 'vibrometer' application. It's free on the play store for android. it detects and bites it if it sits on the table. put mavic pro on a separate stand, phone next to it to 2 centimeters and start the engines with only one installed propeller. if they see the slightest vibration replace the propeller. repeat the test with each propeller. I see the vibrations at the propeller that in the past hit an obstacle. the final test is done with all four propellers. I do not have ;; 0 ;; vibrations do not rise mavic in air. this also protects the camera, and esc engines. an unbalanced propeller produces damage in a long time!
IMG_20171111_111130 (780 x 1040).jpg
2017-11-11
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-25 20:21
My new props work great, no shake or anything ... they just work.  So you probably got a pair that is out of balance.
I purchased some third party Red Spark props and they were terribly out of balance. The vibration was awful, so they were returned back using Amazon.

Same here. No shaking issues at all. Love them. They do the job and are noticeably quieter. Stealth Mavic....
2017-11-11
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess some MP have issues and some well, don't. It's all good, original are still optimal !  
2017-11-11
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Hong Kong

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-11 04:38
Guess some MP have issues and some well, don't. It's all good, original are still optimal !

I think it is the problem of quality control. A batch of propellers are unbalance.
2017-11-11
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Last week I did some fog flying with the 8331 props without noticing any problems.

Today, however, I first noticed during take off that the camera was shaking quite strongly (even stronger than in Mr. Hayato's footage above), though video feed was stable - gimbal was able to compensate for the shake.
At one point during the flight I got a gimbal shake warning, but it did not occur again, and now I cannot find that warning in the logs.
2017-11-11
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181253 ft
Peru

I have the same problem with the new props, any solution from DJI???
2017-11-11
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-11-11 11:39
I have the same problem with the new props, any solution from DJI???

Don't think so. Solution is original props.
2017-11-11
Use props
SnEEkEE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 817159 ft
New Zealand

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-11 14:42
Don't think so. Solution is original props.

That's a workaround for now.

As I see it, if you put two Mavic's side by side and one works with the new props and the other doesn't then by that measure, one of the units is defective.
2017-11-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had similar gimbal vibrations issues for the last couple of days.  I sent DJI a message about the vibrations and they told me to calibrate the IMU and gimbal.  After doing the calibrations the issues went away.  If it returns I plan on removing the props and reinstalling the original.   
2017-11-12
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-11-12 19:04
I had similar gimbal vibrations issues for the last couple of days.  I sent DJI a message about the vibrations and they told me to calibrate the IMU and gimbal.  After doing the calibrations the issues went away.  If it returns I plan on removing the props and reinstalling the original.

Oh interesting. Ever since I took those 8331 props off, shake went away. Gimbal is solid. I've gotten used to the original props and I kinda like the whistle as I hear when it's coming in for the landing.
2017-11-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Off topic, but the whistle and the Mavic’s unique motor note is what makes a Mavic a Mavic.  The Platinum is quiet and all, but the Pro just sounds cool to me
2017-11-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah when I hear the MP flying in, it makes me
2017-11-13
Use props
Christian_MUC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023579 ft
Germany

Hi, same here, launched with the new Props, gimbal was jumping around like crazy, got the abnormal gimbal movement warning, landed, restarted & never saw that again. Maybe the mavic has to "learn" the props? Maybe DJI should inform us about this behavour.
2017-11-13
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Hong Kong

The problem is sometime it's happens sometime not. You can't see the gimbal shake when you are flying. The crazy shake will damage the gimbal. I won't use these props again.
2017-11-13
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

I had bought 3pairs via Amazon (but from DJI) for my MP and have flown them a few times w/o problems. Did some indoor testing with the recent DJI Go 4app 4.1.18 problem on android and the new 8331props together with a 3rd party prop cage lead to vibration of the whole rig which was gone once I swapped back to the original MP props 8330. The main objective was to test the functionality of the different rollouts of the 4.1.18 app and how they compared to the 4.1.10 or 4.1.15 in terms of lag and pixelation.

Anyhow, I had noticed in long exposure shots that the Mavic was less stable than before, so I decided to compare the three sets of new props in a quick test. All props removed except one on the right front arm, put the Mavic on a stable surface without dampening underground and started it. [If you want to do this, make sure you hold it down with one hand as it may flip over when you rev up). Used the remote to increase revs (to be sure the prop would fully unfold) and let it go back to idle speed. Checked the vibration with my finger and a plastic cup with a little water inside. This may not allow for exact measurements, but it allows for a comparison. I’d imagine fixing a laserpointer to the Mavic and measure the vibration induced deflection by comparing the different sized circles in a distance would give a measurement to compare. Same thing for the other three on the left front arm and already with this crude method there were noticeable differences. I kept the 4 best mounted and put the other 2 “worst” aside. Ran out of time to test the original 8330props as well, but given that the prop guards did not shake they’d induce less vibration.

Even though my new props didn’t induce gimbal shake, three out of six produced a noticeable vibration. With these variations there may be worse batches than mine around, probably rattling all screws loose like a Harley.
2017-11-30
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Hayato Posted at 2017-11-13 18:08
The problem is sometime it's happens sometime not. You can't see the gimbal shake when you are flying. The crazy shake will damage the gimbal. I won't use these props again.

Exactly, that's why I'd rather not even bother with them. Works for me.
2017-11-30
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I bought it from a dji dealer, orgininal 8331 gold props, if you look very close and good the gimbal is not so stable as the normal  one's coming with your MP.
2017-11-30
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Same here. Vibration with the new "silent props". Mavic has first firmware release.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same for me with my brand new Mavic. Genuine DJI 8331 props, but a severe gimbal shake and on screen warning. Back to the old props and everything is as it should be. The new props seem a bit thinner than the old ones. I have a velcro strap around my Mavic when it is stored and I wonder if this could be altering their profile?
2017-12-4
Use props
Crusty_SWE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3963894 ft
Sweden

Same for me as in Mr. Hayatos video, vibration and on screen warning on latest firmware. I´ve bought two sets (4+4) of props one from Dji store and one from local dealer and it´s the same with both sets. When I switch back to old props I have no issues.
Tried to check for imbalance with taped on lazer and running one prop at a time but cat find any exsessive vibration compared to old props?

I have however flow quite a bit with 8331 props and have made some observations:
-Vibrations are most severe during takeoff and hover. When flying around vibrations sems to go away?
-When you come back to a hover the vibrations does not start emediatly if at all and you can almost hear them coming.

I would think the vibrations are a result of som sort of resonanse between the diffrent motors or esc at sertain rpms? You can hear the ossilations in the motor and you can hear it ramp up before the gimbal starts to vibrate and then gets worse untill you givit some stick input and then it starts over again. It´s not roaring loud but a very suttle shift i pitch in the noice from the motors.

Can anyone else back this up or am I imagening?

//Johan
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.2

United States

I’m glad I’m not crazy! I been having gimbal errors for vibration for a little bit now I been unable to figure out why.  My issue was  while flying against the wind so the camera is being pushed, I just assumed that’s what it was, after reading this forum thread I pulled each prop off leaving only one on and did a CSC take off leaving my index finger gently pressed on the battery to feel viberations, I found only 1 of my props is way out of balance, every prop felt very smooth even as buzzed up to speed, sometimes was a minor viberation at spool up but smoother out once spun up... however one prop was just vibrating harshly start till stop and unlike other props the faster it spun up the more violent the viberation felt.  

I switched back the the OG props and it it was super smooth even though all 4 props have minor rookie scuffs and dings they didn’t Viberate.

I did a IMU calibration on my garage work bench (a good known perfectly level surface) and didn’t help my plat props stabilize however it did zero my IMU out again from its slight IMU drift so that’s a plus.

My conclusion is this, based on what I am reading and my little testing is that there’s is defiantly more than an isolated issue here, while it isn’t causing imidiate damage or crashing anything, long term it could wear the drone and various parts out more rapidly.  For my the viberation is not large enough to negatively impact the quality of my recordings (yet at least) it does seem to give me gimbal viberation errors fairly often which is indictating high stress on it.  I have since switch back myself to the OG pair of props and I will keep my plat props in a little pouch as my emergency backup  pair I guess.  
2017-12-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

So conclusion, the 8331 is compatible for the MP  but for flying and taking pictures only, not for taking a movie.
Don't buy them!
2017-12-9
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Crusty_SWE Posted at 2017-12-8 14:23
Same for me as in Mr. Hayatos video, vibration and on screen warning on latest firmware. I´ve bought two sets (4+4) of props one from Dji store and one from local dealer and it´s the same with both sets. When I switch back to old props I have no issues.
Tried to check for imbalance with taped on lazer and running one prop at a time but cat find any exsessive vibration compared to old props?

Although I got a warning "Gimbal abnormal". The image in DJI Go is completely stable. Becasue the 3axis gimbal is cancelled the vibration already. But you still can see  the gimbal is shaking when the drone is close to you.

When you are hovering your mavic with 8330 props. You can see the 550rpm on the controller. 8331 is 500rpm. I have the lastest version of firmware and DJIGO. I don't think they have anyway to solve this.

I'm disappointed for DJI CS. I leave a message in other gimbal thread they totally ignored me.

2017-12-10
Use props
Dr. Failov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11500197 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

For now I made a bit more research for this topic and figured out that in my case with 8331 propellers optimal gains is: Pitch = 85; Roll = 90; Yaw = 85; Vertical = 85. Try to set this gains in DJI GO 4 app (menu - MC settings - Advanced - Gains), maybe, this can halp someone. For now I can tell, that my Mavic flies almost perfect with new values and 8331 props. If in your case shaking is still present, try to reduce gains by 5 (80, 85, 80, 80). I hope, this information will help someone!
2017-12-26
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

My friend has the new props, mine haven't arrived by mail yet.
When flying with him one day I saw the shaking on his aircraft and he immediately landed. He tried taking off again and everything was fine.
My guess is that sometimes, for some reason, one of them don't open up completely from a folded state when the motors start spinning and they cause vibration.
Maybe their folding axis has more friction due to different material - the prop hub does look like it's made from a different plastic than the normal props.
Try opening them completely, by hand, before starting the motors.
2017-12-26
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

Hmm when I ordered mine, I also ordered a set of the 8331 props and didn't install the old style it came with, I did update to the latest firmware before I launched the first time and the picture was crystal clear, no shaking. Sounds like it may have been a bad batch that some got. I just got my bird this past week so maybe they corrected the issue?
2017-12-26
Use props
Can Oztekin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193120 ft
Turkey

I had the same problem yesterday. with the original 8331 props, one of my friend's mavic was shaking like crazy, also the gimbal. I put the same props to my mavic, it was flawless. Both of them are latest firmware.  Maybe its a production defection. I will try after calibrating imu & gimbal but i think it won't work. Shaking was like the props try to flapping. So bad.
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

8331’s work perfectly on my MPP - as to be expected I guess.
2018-1-3
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-2 04:01
I doubled check the props and they seemed balanced with no flaws. Yeah I don't get why the MP would still shake.

Balance is not the only reason you can get vibration from props.
TRACKING is just as important.

The blades need to be traveling in the exact same plane:
Using a flashlight look at the tips of the blades at an even eye view, horizontally. You should see smooth lines as the props follow in each others' paths. If you see a wide swath that clearly shows two separate paths, revealing both blades...BAD TRACKING. Very inefficient and generating an air pushing condition between the tracks. They are buffeting each others airflow, resulting in vibration with a perfectly balanced set of props.
The painted lines on the props are there to help spot the tracking. And you thought they were just to be cool looking? If you see multiple levels with the lines, BAD TRACKING.
What can you do with a set of "bad trackers"? Throw them away! You cannot track a set of DJI blades or ANY other Mavic Pro type blade,
The fix in the real world is using a strobe light shooting at the area defined above, which by timing show one blade at a time, essentially, visibly "stopping" the blade for easy reference for adjustment as in setting the timing on a cars ignition, procedures.
The blades are physically stopped turning and adjustments are made.
Adjustments are made by bending a small, tab near the end of the prop, designed and built into the prop.
Careful trial and error will result in perfect TRACKING.

Hopefully that will shed some light onto the subject. Pun intended.

I am not the smartest guy, here. I do have a good memory as I spent 10 intimate years with Apache helicopters as an engineer.

2018-1-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing at all and done and posted vids with no shake at all. Totally cool props in my view.
2018-1-3
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

Got the gimbal shake error today but I attribute it to me skimming a wall with one of the props, had to toss them in the trash even tho it barely nicked the very tip edge, it was enough to throw them off.
2018-1-6
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wow ^^ close call on that one. Good save on the MP.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_SOr0GMXiSnzm
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
Sorry to bump the thread.

I have a Mavic Pro on 1.04.0200 , I also am getting the gimbal shake error with 8331 props.  I got props direct from DJI.   On the stock props, I have no issues..

I've tried refreshing the firmware via DJI assistant, calibrating IMU, compass, gimball, always get the crazy shake (plenty of videos on the net with the same condition).

Any ideas on what to do?
2018-2-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The 0000 FW was supposed to fix the shake issue so if it hasn't done the job then go back to the original props and stick with those which is what I had to do.

Firmware: V 01.04.0000 - 8331 Low-Noise Quick Release Propellers.
2018-2-5
Use props
srcga
lvl.1
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-2-5 10:26
The 0000 FW was supposed to fix the shake issue so if it hasn't done the job then go back to the original props and stick with those which is what I had to do.

Firmware: V 01.04.0000 - 8331 Low-Noise Quick Release Propellers.

Thanks, will do. I'll have to open a case as I spent the money on the props, not very useful if I can't use them.
2018-2-5
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

When I was using them I have never noticed a problem. All I run now are carbon fiber blades.
2018-2-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

srcga Posted at 2018-2-5 11:36
Thanks, will do. I'll have to open a case as I spent the money on the props, not very useful if I can't use them.

Some have said they work fine with their MP but unfortunately for some like us, they seem to not work.
2018-2-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-5 12:25
When I was using them I have never noticed a problem. All I run now are carbon fiber blades.

You're one of the lucky bunch!
2018-2-5
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

Dr. Failov Posted at 2017-12-26 07:02
For now I made a bit more research for this topic and figured out that in my case with 8331 propellers optimal gains is: Pitch = 85; Roll = 90; Yaw = 85; Vertical = 85. Try to set this gains in DJI GO 4 app (menu - MC settings - Advanced - Gains), maybe, this can halp someone. For now I can tell, that my Mavic flies almost perfect with new values and 8331 props. If in your case shaking is still present, try to reduce gains by 5 (80, 85, 80, 80). I hope, this information will help someone!

Is this what most are still doing with these or did the latest update fix it for you guys?
2018-2-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules