New Ronin 2 Firmware Released (26/10/2017)
3676 10 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date : 2017.10.26
  • Firmware : V 1.2.0.50
  • Ronin 2 App iOS : V 1.0.0
  • Ronin 2 App Android : V 1.0.1
  • DJI Assistant 2 for PC : V 1.1.6
  • DJI Assistant 2 for Mac: V 1.1.6
  • User Manual : V 1.0

What's New?
  • Optimized gimbal performance when switching between Free mode and Follow mode.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where batteries would suddenly power off.
  • Reduced an issue where the roll axis would occasionally drift.

Notes:
  • Update the firmware through DJI Assistant 2 by connecting the USB Type-C port on the Ronin 2 to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer during update process.
  • Once the update starts, the motors will be power off. If updating firmware with a camera attached the Ronin 2, make sure to protect the camera from collisions
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin 2 and retry.

2017-10-26
Use props
DAN.D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198753 ft
United Kingdom

thank you

when are we going to get RED camera RCP settings ?
2017-10-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How do i check fw version on the R2?
In About menu it says 1.0.5.0, but in Dji assistant it says 01.01.00.30, and after confirmed okay update to 01.02.00.50, display on R2 still says the same.
Cannot connect with the app (ios) either, it finds the device, but refuses to connect, tried reinstalling app, restarting, restoring, not possible.
Ideas?
2017-11-14
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-14 13:53
How do i check fw version on the R2?
In About menu it says 1.0.5.0, but in Dji assistant it says 01.01.00.30, and after confirmed okay update to 01.02.00.50, display on R2 still says the same.
Cannot connect with the app (ios) either, it finds the device, but refuses to connect, tried reinstalling app, restarting, restoring, not possible.

You can connect to DJI Assistant 2 (for Mac or PC, downloaded from the main Ronin 2 page) and in the firmware update section you can see your FW version and if there is a newer version from what you are running.
2017-12-6
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Are the new fw for R2 far away?
2018-1-24
Use props
Guerrilla Video
lvl.1

Mexico

I just attempted to update my ronin 2, the update failed on its own at 97% and now the display powers up but the engines don't do a thing. I try to reset it, autotune, but on all options I just get back a "Failed" message, how do I fix this? The update just rendered my bran new Ronin 2 useless.
2018-1-25
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Guerrilla Video Posted at 2018-1-25 16:24
I just attempted to update my ronin 2, the update failed on its own at 97% and now the display powers up but the engines don't do a thing. I try to reset it, autotune, but on all options I just get back a "Failed" message, how do I fix this? The update just rendered my bran new Ronin 2 useless.

I had allot of problems doing the fw update myself, i had to try dozens of times before it eventually completed.
Some of the issues where that the usb connection kept disconnecting, even with different cables...
2018-1-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

When will we see the next firmware update ? looking forward to getting those red controls ... I know from my little reading around the forum that the answer will be to "check the website for updates" and  that I won´t  get a date - but i hope the more people ask the less dji can ignore us ;) ... so up vote and comment as you feel the same ...

besides that ... hell yeah ronin 2 .... you are a beast !
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Guerrilla Video Posted at 2018-1-25 16:24
I just attempted to update my ronin 2, the update failed on its own at 97% and now the display powers up but the engines don't do a thing. I try to reset it, autotune, but on all options I just get back a "Failed" message, how do I fix this? The update just rendered my bran new Ronin 2 useless.

If you have a firmware update fail, turn everything off and allow time to cool off. Turn on the Ronin 2, put on a flat surface and do not disturb while updating. Make sure your Assistant 2 Software is loaded on to a computer. You can always send a personal message if this issue is not addressed.
2018-3-2
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-2 08:09
If you have a firmware update fail, turn everything off and allow time to cool off. Turn on the Ronin 2, put on a flat surface and do not disturb while updating. Make sure your Assistant 2 Software is loaded on to a computer. You can always send a personal message if this issue is not addressed.

Could you please confirm what the current ios and fw version is now?
2018-5-27
Use props
jlovell
lvl.1
Canada

Our ronin r2 stopped responding, motors will not engage, back panel remote works/powers.  Happened after trying a binding to the joystick.  Tried installing all of the firmwares but they all fail.  I get the error "0401 Pitch device is not connected!"  Any suggestions?

Thank you!
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules