Doubt about the new firmware V 01.04.0602 in remote areas!
1450 7 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f24954c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

Hello,

I use my P4 pro mostly in remote areas without internet connection. The new firmware V 01.04.0602 doesnt work without internet or without limiting the range for 30mX50m? Should I keep the old version to work with no limitations? This is a nightmare if I cannot upgrade again without having this trouble without  internet connection!!! Help!

2017-10-26
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once you upgrade your firmware......all you have to do is log into your DJI account (possibly) with the aircraft, RC and App connected and open and then you will be good to go even if you go to fly somewhere where there is not internet access.  
I upgraded my P4 and P4P to the latest firmware and opened the DJI Go App afterwards with everything on and logged into my account.
Two weeks ago I flew in Northern Michigan with non-cellular iPad Mini's and no internet connection and had no problem at all.

Good Luck!
2017-10-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Just as Tmygun said.
You don't need AC('s) turned on when doing the login, but if you do longer flights with change of battery, you might need to close/restart the app after bat change.

Do it when you have some time (days+) to fight, just in case you get hit by some of the issues and test both gimbal and stability carefully. ;-)

If the app you're using, like the one on the +RC has a button called exit in the profile part, don't press it, Exit in DJI terms say Logout/Logoff and so it does without a warning!!!
It really should be named Logout and colored Red, it is just naturally to press it when need to leave that part.
2017-10-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Was thinking, it might was an idea also to write Thor and other Mods to be assigned the beta SW, see last pages of https://forum.dji.com/thread-100091-1-1.html
I think that even you're getting it assigned you don't need to flash with it if no problems are seen, but in case you are hit,  you might be able to solve it a little faster.
2017-10-26
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

I fly with a iPad Air 2, wifi only (no internet) with no issues.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

Tmygun Posted at 2017-10-26 08:26
Once you upgrade your firmware......all you have to do is log into your DJI account (possibly) with the aircraft, RC and App connected and open and then you will be good to go even if you go to fly somewhere where there is not internet access.  
I upgraded my P4 and P4P to the latest firmware and opened the DJI Go App afterwards with everything on and logged into my account.
Two weeks ago I flew in Northern Michigan with non-cellular iPad Mini's and no internet connection and had no problem at all.

Thanks! I will do it!
2017-10-26
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I always try to do any updates at home not out in the field, learned the hard way with intermittent wifi signals which screw up the updates. I agree, update prior to leaving a solid wifi connection, check you are logged in, restart everything, check your preferences in settings, do a 1 battery test flight locally, recharge and go fly.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The above discussion make sense. Please login your DJI account and keep the status, do not log out manually.
2017-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules