2920 45 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B2N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323645 ft
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-3 02:02
In this case, I would recommend you send the drone to your friend and get it repair. Please check more details from our after-sales policy.

Hello again,
i am ok to pay for sending the mavic but dji tell me than my mavic (bought in taiwan) is a china version and if i dont have an address in china Mainland i cannot claim for warranty, even if i send the drone to china. My step sister is in taiwan but as the drone is registred in china even if i send the drone to her she could do nothing more because the drone is not registred in taiwan and i don't have friend in china to send it.)
Here is the mail from dji to prove what i say:
DJI:
"Dear Bxxxxxxx,
Thank you for providing the information.
I help you checked the serial number: 08QDE5301200PG, to know that your drone is the CN version, due to DJI's non-global warranty policy, you can enjoy the warranty in China,
under this situation, you need to provide a China mainland address to send your drone to DJI Shenzhen repair center for the check and repair.
So could you please provide a China mainland address?
If there is any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support"
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)"

ME;
"I can provide a Taiwan address (where i bought the drone). Is it ok for you?"
DJI;
"Dear Bxxxxx,
So sorry for the inconvenience.
To claim the warranty in China, you need to provide a China mainland address. You need to send the drone from a China mainland address to DJI Shenzhen repair center for the repair.
Appreciate your kindly understanding and cooperation.
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)"
DJI AGAIN;
"Dear Bxxxxx,
So sorry to reply you late.
I do understand your concern, according to DJI's non-global warranty policy, your drone is the CN version, so you only can enjoy the warranty in China...."

2017-11-3
Use props
B2N
lvl.2
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-3 02:04
Thanks for your quick response. We would have someone contact you. Please wait patiently.

Hello, someone as contact me as you say and here is the answer:
DJI:
"Dear Sir/Madam,
It has come to my attention that your case is in need of escalation.
I will be happy to help you further.
Because I like to hear the customers story first hand instead of second hand reports and logs I will humbly request that you summarize your story to me.
In turn I will do my best to come to a solution.
Kind Regards,
Support.eu5
Stefan van den Berk
SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL
DJI Europe"
ME:
"Hello, thank you for your attention.
I will try to explain you in English my problem:
Just to let you know that i am not a beginner, i have more than 40 flights with the mavic pro and more than 50 with the phantom 2 in different country.
So i made the last update of DJIGO 4 app for android and also the update of the mavic, (using the DJIGO 4 app) both on 20th October 2017 then i went flying 2 days after (on the 22th october 2017) in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, in the nature in a place where there was nothing (no power line, no antenna,…). The drone took off normaly in GPS mode, everything was normal and after 5 minutes of flying the mavic suddenly began to fall like a rock while he was in a stationary position (i did not touch the stick at this moment) then he recovered on his own to normal situation, so i decided to make him come back to me then 30 second after that, on the way back to me, he started to fall again, definitly this time.
Hopefully i had find the drone on the grass (broken).
I have contacted dji support Europe because i live in France and they tell me than my mavic is registred in China so i have to contact dji China support. I don't understand why because i bought the mavic 4 month ago when i was in Taiwan, not in china.
So i have contacted dji china support and they tell me than if i don't have an address in china Mainland i cannot claim for warranty, even if i send the drone to them, and even if i pay all the shipping cost.
So my 4 month old mavic is broken because of an update or an other bug, (nobody on dji forum or on mavicpilots forum understand why even whith the .DAT file) and i cannot claim for warranty, not in europe and not in china)
Please help me to understand why the mavic fall and to claim for warranty.
here is a link to the .DAT file;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrteoc ... 6_21-24-14.DAT?dl=0
and in attached files you will find more information
Thank you"
DJI AGAIN:
"Dear Benjamin,
Unfortunately our products do not enjoy international warranty indeed. I am afraid I do not have enough influence to change this.
If you wish it I can still have it evaluated and analyzed in our European workshop, that would be the easy part of course. Whatever the conclusion though, this will not be warranty.
Let me know if you are still interested and I will guide you to fulfill the proper steps and have it sent in to us.
My apologies for your situation.
Kind Regards,
Support.eu5
Stefan van den Berk
SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL
DJI Europe"

So one more time, if a customer buy a DJI product in a foreign country it will be impossible for him to claim for warranty
So remember everybody, before to buy a dji product during your hollydays or if you move from a country to another, YOU WILL HAVE NO WARRANTY!!!
2017-11-3
Use props
B2N
lvl.2
France

Hello, still nobody to analyze what s happen to my mavic?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrteoc ... 6_21-24-14.DAT?dl=0
2017-11-13
Use props
B2N
lvl.2
France

Hello every body, final conclusion of this thread:
DJI has just confirmed to me that the crash is due to the DJI go 4 update but they refused to cover it.

Just to remember you my problem:
I made the last update on October 20th of 2017 on the mavic and on DJI go 4 then i went flying 2 days after. After few minutes of fly the mavic start to fall from the sky a first time, come back to normal (before to touch the ground), fly normaly for few second then fall from the sky a second times, definitly this time.
I bought the drone when i was in Taiwan but i am now in France. DJI Europe refused to cover it because i bought the mavic outside of Europe and DJI Asia refused that i send the drone to them from France (even if i pay for that) apparently due to customs problem.
So i as sent the drone to my stepbrother in France who toke it with him for his journey to taiwan to send it to the reseller in taiwan who sent it to DJI Asia (china) then DJI Asia just answer this.

So for conclusion:
- Never buy a DJI product outside of your living area to avoid warranty problem
- 1500 euro drone die due to an update
- no warranty covering even if DJI recognise that it's an update problem
2018-1-4
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

have you check Mavic propellers before take off?  That should be the problem.
2018-1-5
Use props
B2N
lvl.2
France

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2018-1-5 00:35
have you check Mavic propellers before take off?  That should be the problem.

Yes, they were fine.
Even after the crash, just one of them was broken but still in it's place
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules