uninspired to purchase from dji
1231 6 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

3 thousand plus dollars  for a 1300 dollar drone...  thanks dji can I pull my pants back up now ?:@
2015-4-9
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

To be fair there are still major differences between the two so no way is the Inspire a $1300 drone but I absolutely agree that many of the supposed high end features like Light bridge are suddenly free add-ons.

Hell, our remote costs $769 alone and the camera is over $500 so you could pay for a P3 with those items alone.

I couldn't live without the advanced camera movement on the Inspire and love the retractable arms and larger frame, just don't know if it's 3x better than the P3.
2015-4-9
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

DJI you really screwed your consumers.  You should have completed the Inspire and the promised apps first.
2015-4-9
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

jimhare Posted at 2015-4-9 20:34
To be fair there are still major differences between the two so no way is the Inspire a $1300 drone  ...

Hey Jim!
Maybe we should consider the P3 as a good spare parts option for the I1.
To tell the truth, I knew that the Lightbridge wasn't worth $1400 when I bought the I1 to upgrade from the P2V+, and also realized that $650 for the RC is ridiculous. Why I bought the I1 though? Because was the cheapest way to get all the features in a single unit, which I still believe is scalable / upgradable. The only other option would have been to build my own one... but I don't have all the necessary technical details nor the time to do it.
PS: many times we get ripped off with exorbitant prices due to the lack of options we have (monopoly is a well know term); I had to pay over $200 for the lever of the gear box only because the plastic button (that unlocks the P position) cracked and fell off; other time I have paid almost $200 for replacing a side mirror which I found smashed in the parking, and that was the cost only for the glass part, no electronics or mechanics were replaced. Now you might be thinking I drive a classic car or a Lamborghini. ... well, far from it... extremely far.
2015-4-9
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels a little violated.
2015-4-9
Use props
carvercalls
lvl.1

United States

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-4-9 21:36
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels a little violated.

While I do love my Inspire, That I have only had for exactly 1 month now. I do wished JDI would have fixed the bugs in it, before they perused another venture. Mine is loosing GPS signal just about 50% of the flights. The terrain could not be more open and I never fly without calibrating the compass "every time"..  Please fix the bugs before you bring another unit out!!

I too feel a bit, like I have been had.
2015-4-9
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

It really seems like most of the people who feel had would like to see DJI price this bird at $2000 so they can feel better about their Inspire purchase.  The speed of competitive technology means that, to keep current, new products have to be brought to the market ahead of the competition.  Evolving technology and competition demand that those products be priced competitively.  DJI did that with this aircraft.  I am pleased that I can add this bird to the tool box for this price for the times I need quicker (and less money at risk) images.

The real problem that I see is DJI released the I1 for Christmas sales knowing the P3 would follow.  They separated the release of the two birds so there wouldn't be much overlap in marketing.  This is a marketing ploy but worse than that it left a lot of I1 pilots in the lurch with a beta product.  Its interesting that the Phantom pilots complained they were being left behind due to the I1 and now the I1 pilots are complaining they are being left behind because of a new Phantom, all in a 6 month span.  

I was/am happy with my I1 and I am glad I can add another aircraft with similar (but not the same) capabilities for this price. JMHO
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules