Quick Video of some deer I spotted. Waited 1 week for legal reasons.
1696 13 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a quick video of some deer I spotted in Millville, MN. I waited 1 week because there are hunting laws in Minnesota prohibitting hunters from spotting from the sky so many days before they hunt. Do you think that would matter? Could I have posted this on the first day since it's not ME that's hunting the deer? Just wondering.

2017-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe not hunting, but you 'shot' the deer
They were really looking like they saw a UFO.
Thanks for sharing.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The deer must be scared at that time...
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice colours, interesting video, thanks for sharing
2017-10-27
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

One of the main ethical principles of the wildlife photography is not to disturb animals being photographed. In my opinion the condition was not met here. The deers were evidently scared away and forced to leave their feeding spot.
2017-10-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Nice video and thanks for sharing.  
2017-10-27
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

_pk Posted at 2017-10-27 04:54
One of the main ethical principles of the wildlife photography is not to disturb animals being photographed. In my opinion the condition was not met here. The deers were evidently scared away and forced to leave their feeding spot.

That wasn't the gait of a frightened Whitetail.  They looked more curious and cautious than anything.  No harm done at all to the deer.  Good video OP.  
2017-10-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-10-27 05:50
That wasn't the gait of a frightened Whitetail.  They looked more curious and cautious than anything.  No harm done at all to the deer.  Good video OP.

OP, waiting a week is the right thing to do.  If I could run off deer from hunters using my drone it would be something I would do as a pastime.  A new variable to help warn deer and even the playing field as more and more hunters cheat nowadays.
2017-10-27
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

That's some great deer shooting right there..
2017-10-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

_pk Posted at 2017-10-27 04:54

Good point.
2017-10-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 00:54
The deer must be scared at that time...

It's only Bow hunting season right now. Not too much commotion. The deer really start running during Shotgun season. Hunters "push" deer out of woods and safe areas and they end up running across roads and getting hit. However, hunting is very important in SE Minnesota to reduce deer populations to manageable levels. All natural predators are gone from this area so their numbers must be reduced every year for the health of the heard.
2017-10-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

That deer in a headlight look.  lol
2017-10-27
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nice video, I enjoyed it. Obviously the deer were curious about the drone.  I don't think they were too scared.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bing Err Posted at 2017-10-27 11:19
It's only Bow hunting season right now. Not too much commotion. The deer really start running during Shotgun season. Hunters "push" deer out of woods and safe areas and they end up running across roads and getting hit. However, hunting is very important in SE Minnesota to reduce deer populations to manageable levels. All natural predators are gone from this area so their numbers must be reduced every year for the health of the heard.

Well noted, thank for your clarification.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules