Temperature Problem with Camera
624 6 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
banburyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584724 ft
United Kingdom

Since a bad firmware update a few months ago my p4p is taking 9 minutes for the camera to start transmitting. It is powered up (the auto ISO figure changes when moving the craft towards the light) but will not transmit.

Once it is warm from the battery, it is tending to start up after just a few minutes.

Anyone else with similar??
2017-10-26
Use props
banburyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've done all the latest updates as directed by daily chats with china!
2017-10-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

banburyboy Posted at 2017-10-26 12:12
I've done all the latest updates as directed by daily chats with china!

That sounds like a problem. ;-)

Obviously Not something firmware updates will fix. I think you will end up sending this unit in for evaluation and possible sensor repair. Or drone replacement/exchange.

But I wonder if a cold IMU and gimbal calibration would have any affect?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, is the IMU calibration successful? Could you upload a short video of this? Also, please kindly offer the screenshot of About in DJI GO, I'll look into it.
2017-10-26
Use props
banburyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-26 20:34
Just to verify, is the IMU calibration successful? Could you upload a short video of this? Also, please kindly offer the screenshot of About in DJI GO, I'll look into it.

Yes IMU happens perfectly without fail. The camera image will often appear after about 10 minutes but in the last few days this is not happening any more. The camera works beautifully. I just shot some great panoramas working blind with no screen image. I have a trip to the Arctic circle booked in 14 days times. Do you offer an express repair service?

Video and screenshot attached as requested. The sharp noise in the video is just RF intereference on the iPhone. NOT The sound of the p4p!

Thanks
2017-10-29
Use props
banburyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-26 13:02
That sounds like a problem. ;-)

Obviously Not something firmware updates will fix. I think you will end up sending this unit in for evaluation and possible sensor repair. Or drone replacement/exchange.

Thanks for your reply. It now is not looking looking like temperature as the camera image is not showing itself at all now. However working blind I just took some stunning panoramas!  Frustrating!  Updated firmware and tried to do the RC too bit DJI assistant seems to be doing it even though it claims on screen to be doing just that!!
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

banburyboy Posted at 2017-10-29 04:28
Yes IMU happens perfectly without fail. The camera image will often appear after about 10 minutes but in the last few days this is not happening any more. The camera works beautifully. I just shot some great panoramas working blind with no screen image. I have a trip to the Arctic circle booked in 14 days times. Do you offer an express repair service?

Video and screenshot attached as requested. The sharp noise in the video is just RF intereference on the iPhone. NOT The sound of the p4p![view_image]https://vimeo.com/240355830/e66771cd93

Have your drone been crashed or fell down before? Generally, the firmware update will not cause hardware issue. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
Also, I'm sorry to tell you that the express repair service is not available in your current location.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules