Knocking gimbal during startup...
1578 4 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alepac
lvl.2
Italy

As many other users, I noticed a strange "knocking" starting my Mavic Pro due to gimbal quick movement. I did a compare with a Mavic of a friend of mine and I noticed the gimbal startup movements is quite different. I thought my gimbal was hitting the frame but, as you can see in the slow motion, "knocking" is caused by the motors when reaching full range rotation.
I did this video to show you the differences. My Mavic (on the right of screen) makes a longer procedure compared with the Mavic Pro on the left of the screen. They both have the same firmware 1.3.000.

I saw other video describing this without solution. Please DJI help us, I don't think it's a good thing this "knock" on sturtup. I fear it can damage the gimbal.

Thank you

2017-10-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Not necessarily the cause, but you still have the yellow tabs to be removed on both of them.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is confirmed that as long as the gimbal finishes the self-checking and the gimbal works properly, then no worries.
2017-10-26
Use props
Alepac
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 19:41
It is confirmed that as long as the gimbal finishes the self-checking and the gimbal works properly, then no worries.

Thank you DJI Thor!

Just to know, differences on startup gimbal movements are caused by software or gimbal hardware?  is there any way to change it?

Thank you very much.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alepac Posted at 2017-10-27 04:19
Thank you DJI Thor!

Just to know, differences on startup gimbal movements are caused by software or gimbal hardware?  is there any way to change it?

It is the manufacturing tolerance. It might also act like the same when you change it. Please don't worry about this.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules