486 13 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

This is a short clip taken from a video of a much longer flight, originally shot in 4K (4096x2160) @ 25fps.
Produced as a first excercise learning to use Davinci Resolve 14, and rendered for Youtube.
The result seems a little blurred to me when I play it back from Youtube, for the first 20 seconds or so.
Then it sharpens up to something like the original.  Anybody help me spot what I did wrong?
All part of the learning curve.

2017-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks good to me, but, I'm not hard to please.
2017-10-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Roger,

If you rendered the video to export 4K, and your file structure says it is a 4K video, then the problem is at YouTube.  When you upload to YouTube, the upload is not complete until it is processed.  The uploaded file is compressed.  Processing decompresses the video.  Processing can take as long as 30 minutes for our length videos.  If you upload 4K and YouTube only gives you a 1080p video, it usually means you published the video before it was fully processed.  You might want to test this yourself.

The best bet is to wait until YouTube emails you that your upload is complete.  I upload mine at night and wait until I get the email.  So, I check my email first when I get up on those nights.  If I get the email, I conclude the video information and settings and publish the video.  Then I close out YouTube and shut the computer down.  Until then, it is processing and the computer stays on and I leave YouTube alone.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-26
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Looks very nice 2 me. Looks almost exactly like a village in a Call of Duty video game, World at War.  Nice Work.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's a good beginning for the first exercise. You are great!
2017-10-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My guess is that the first 20 seconds or so contains a huge amount of very detailed foliage in the foreground, and this would tax the compression process to its limit. After 20 seconds or so, the foliage is mostly out of view, and less demanding upon the compression, so the detail returns to the remainder of the frame.

Nice work, my only suggestions are to slow the panning down, and if you used Resaolve, then try lifting the exposure until the white clouds are just beginning to clip. it will give a bit more 'punch' to the buildings in the village.
2017-10-26
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice video
2017-10-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Salut everyone, and thanks for your support.
The several observations here have been helpful.  Now that Youtube has had time to process the upload, I've run it again
from there and it's fine. I was obviously a little too impetuous.
I look at the file I've saved and it's not 4K - it's 1080.  There must be a setting within the Editing software I haven't spotted yet.
I literally only downloaded and installed it yesterday, so I'm only on page five or six out of 1000!
Hopefully I'll get a bit more proficient with practice.
Bonne journée
2017-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-26 20:02
My guess is that the first 20 seconds or so contains a huge amount of very detailed foliage in the foreground, and this would tax the compression process to its limit. After 20 seconds or so, the foliage is mostly out of view, and less demanding upon the compression, so the detail returns to the remainder of the frame.

Nice work, my only suggestions are to slow the panning down, and if you used Resaolve, then try lifting the exposure until the white clouds are just beginning to clip. it will give a bit more 'punch' to the buildings in the village.

Thanks Geebax. You are right. Since I did that original footage, a couple of months ago, I have reduced the sensitivity of the YAW control on the RC and also that of the Gimbal tilt. As to the post-processing, I have a LONG way to go
2017-10-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-27 00:44
Salut everyone, and thanks for your support.
The several observations here have been helpful.  Now that Youtube has had time to process the upload, I've run it again
from there and it's fine. I was obviously a little too impetuous.

Aloha Roger,

Once you have the overviews, outlines and guidelines read, dive in and use the rest of the manual as a resource for any specific need that presents itself.  The "Contgrol F" (find) function will really help you find the information you need.  The Table of Contents has "hot spots" so if you need to go to a chapter or subheading, just click on it and read that section.  It may be 1000 pages but the information is readily available without reading the whole manual.  Eventually you will realize you have read the whole manual and it will surprise you.

Be sure to look into "Proxy Editing".

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-27 01:11
Aloha Roger,

Once you have the overviews, outlines and guidelines read, dive in and use the rest of the manual as a resource for any specific need that presents itself.  The "Contgrol F" (find) function will really help you find the information you need.  The Table of Contents has "hot spots" so if you need to go to a chapter or subheading, just click on it and read that section.  It may be 1000 pages but the information is readily available without reading the whole manual.  Eventually you will realize you have read the whole manual and it will surprise you.

Thanks Ken.  With the long evenings of Winter fast approaching, I shall have plenty of time indoors to hone up my editing skills. Let's hope the good weather here persists long enough to get plenty more "footage" in the can  to work on
2017-10-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-27 09:08
Thanks Ken.  With the long evenings of Winter fast approaching, I shall have plenty of time indoors to hone up my editing skills. Let's hope the good weather here persists long enough to get plenty more "footage" in the can  to work on

Aloha Roger,

Very good point!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-27 09:08

'I shall have plenty of time indoors to hone up my editing skills. '

I see elsewhere you are using Resolve 14 Studio. I actually bought the paid-up version and I am working my way through it. Eventually I would like to give up my other video editors and just use REsolve, but it is not quite at that stage yet. I knew the company Da Vinci back when it cost $250,000 to buy a system, so I like the power of it.
2017-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-27 16:25
'I shall have plenty of time indoors to hone up my editing skills. '

I see elsewhere you are using Resolve 14 Studio. I actually bought the paid-up version and I am working my way through it. Eventually I would like to give up my other video editors and just use REsolve, but it is not quite at that stage yet. I knew the company Da Vinci back when it cost $250,000 to buy a system, so I like the power of it.

First impressions, for me, are good.  I started with the Windoze offering which was basic but easy to use.
Now no longer available.  Since then I've tried a few free offerings from the internet - dodging the ptifalls of inadvertently installing unwanted content.  I had been using Video Pad  Editor until Ken suggested Davinci Resolve.   I think I'll persist with that from now on...............
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules