Spark Crash Motors Stopped and Spark Fell. Only 7-8 meters broken
1451 15 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goodap
lvl.1
Greece

Hi All,

Just looking for advice, I'm on holiday and unfortunately my Spark appears to have had some sort of malfunction and dropped from the air. It was hovering around 7-8 meters height and for some reason was having an issue landing despite me trying to pull down as I would normally on the downstick. Spark just appeared to stop in mid air and crashed to the ground. Resulting in a couple of props flying off and the battery flying off when it hit the ground. Props are back on and using a different battery as the clips are broken on the previous one now. Upon startup Spark is now complaining of GPS and unable to fly. I was using the latest firmware and software for all devices.

I have the black box and dat files and was trying to establish what had happened. The onboard micro sd card does not contain the moment it came crashing down, however the mobile phone dj go app does.

Was wondering if any one is able to diagnose what went wrong with my spark.

Also any pointers on how to proceed with getting DJI looking into my issue? I'm assuming that I log a support call and it goes from there.

Dat File https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixW3eRGYEgtuQOBWhm06qAB0WNY
Black Box Folder https://1drv.ms/f/s!AixW3eRGYEgtuG4rWl1AgangVsgj
Low Res Movie File - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AixW3eRGYEgtuQRxdXWcqD9VAP0t - Crash happens at 1m07

Cheers in Advance

Paul

2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for your sad experience. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. You can  provide me the case number or ticket number, I would recommend you upload the data to the dropbox and share the link. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-26
Use props
goodap
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-26 18:47
Sorry for your sad experience. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. You can  provide me the case number or ticket number, I would recommend you upload the data to the dropbox and share the link. Thanks for your support.

Hi,  DJI Elektra, I have a ticket number 808031

Thanks in Advance
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Sounds very sad, are you sure you did not make a CSC move with your sticks when trying to land? Hope you get solved the problem soon so you can get up in the air ASAP.
2017-10-27
Use props
goodap
lvl.1
Greece

Hi Viking-Pilot

I'm not aware that I did and checking the stick log on the app flight log does not show that I did this.

Cheers

2017-10-27
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 12:20
Sounds very sad, are you sure you did not make a CSC move with your sticks when trying to land? Hope you get solved the problem soon so you can get up in the air ASAP.

CSC doesn't work on the Spark for killing the motors to prevent accidental issues.
2017-10-27
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I have a patio table that has a little spring in the top, and the spark seems to have a hard time sensing that it has touched down
2017-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 12:20

CSC will only work in emergency situation ie if you hit something and spark motors are still running.
2017-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you upload your flight log to link below. Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-27 14:26
CSC doesn't work on the Spark for killing the motors to prevent accidental issues.

Yeah I know that unless there is some kind of bug with it....thanks for reminding
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-27 15:13
CSC will only work in emergency situation ie if you hit something and spark motors are still running.

I know but there could be something wrong with that unit so the CSC just killed the motors...just a thought.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

goodap Posted at 2017-10-27 12:12
Hi,  DJI Elektra, I have a ticket number 808031

Thanks in Advance

Thanks for your update. I think our engineers will locate the problem for you. If you have any doubts, please inform us.
2017-10-27
Use props
djiuser_mRVUa2UOtjaq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 896 ft
United States

Spark apx 300 ft , clear day apx 50 degrees,  no wind . Used 1 battery and apx 80 on the one I was flying. Motors cut off and spark free falls into soft pasture land. No props broke camera looks ok , body next to arm has large crack. Motors seem to be intact. Charging battery to see if any internal damage.

Looking back on flight log have warning pop up I didn't see of downward sensor failure..not sure if this may have happened during freefall, or would this have cut motors off. Purchased the spark new with rc combo in December 2018. No issues until today. Also had 18 satellites.

Don't want to fly until it has body repaired and answer on why motors cut off without warning.
Thanks

2019-2-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_mRVUa2UOtjaq Posted at 2-2 15:12
Spark apx 300 ft , clear day apx 50 degrees,  no wind . Used 1 battery and apx 80 on the one I was flying. Motors cut off and spark free falls into soft pasture land. No props broke camera looks ok , body next to arm has large crack. Motors seem to be intact. Charging battery to see if any internal damage.

Looking back on flight log have warning pop up I didn't see of downward sensor failure..not sure if this may have happened during freefall, or would this have cut motors off. Purchased the spark new with rc combo in December 2018. No issues until today. Also had 18 satellites.

Hiya,

if you like post your flightlog on this forum, mayby 'we' can explain what have happend.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-2-3
Use props
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62976 ft
United States

The battery was probably on the way off.
2019-2-6
Use props
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62976 ft
United States

djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ Posted at 2-6 17:57
The battery was probably on the way off.

My Spark lifted off about 20 ft and then popped off.
DJI's reply was . Your flight log says you hit something in sports mode.

I watched as my spark smashed on the ground . I would own it if I crashed to bad DJI can't own it. SAD
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules