Problem with new iOS 11.0.3 and DJI GO 4
2991 22 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I updated my iPhone SE to 11.0.3 and DJI GO 4 to 4.1.14.  I also updated DJI GO 4 in my iPad Mini 2 with no iOS update. Now when I enter DJI GO 4 on either device, the screen shows camera, etc for only a moment then goes back to my home screen, leaving DJI GO 4 completely.  What is up with this?  Help please!
2017-10-26
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
Malaysia

I am also having some issues with 4.1.14 on my iPad Mini 4 as well as on my iPhone 7 both running 11.0.3.   Wish I had not updated.
2017-10-26
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I finally got both devices to work.  I uninstalled DJI GO 4, turned off the device, turned the device on, reinstalled the app, registered with email and password, now the app no longer crashes. Yeah!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to hear that you have figured it out. Happy flying!
2017-10-27
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 00:41
Glad to hear that you have figured it out. Happy flying!

Hi there,

I have the issue where the DJI 4.0 app loads, but then it goes to its sign in page. I see the fields to complete but then I can’t  actually enter any text into the fields, it just won’t select it.

Tried deleting the app, reloading, Im running latest IOS and latest app as of today, and wonder if the two are buggy? When will it be fixed. It’s been an issue for me for two week now and I can’t fly it.....

Very annoying, and I can’t use it for work

Can anyone help?
Scott.
2017-10-27
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jurado Posted at 2017-10-27 01:03
Hi there,

I have the issue where the DJI 4.0 app loads, but then it goes to its sign in page. I see the fields to complete but then I can’t  actually enter any text into the fields, it just won’t select it.

The only way I got mine to work was to uninstall the app, turn off my device, turn my device back on, then reload the app, sign in and register.  I don't know why this app is so difficult to initialize.  Good Luck!
2017-10-27
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

mtnlandpix Posted at 2017-10-27 07:22
The only way I got mine to work was to uninstall the app, turn off my device, turn my device back on, then reload the app, sign in and register.  I don't know why this app is so difficult to initialize.  Good Luck!

Thanks, yes I tried that too, when I have the app open the blue links allow you to select, so to go and register, but then the field pops up to enter the user or email and password, it’s that field that doesn’t allow selection at all under sign in or register. I can also do a password retrieve, but it again won’t let me enter the details. I strongly feel it’s a bug between IOS 11.0.3 and the DJI 4.1.13 and 4.1.14

DJI - you need to allow flying without this ridiculous view that a user has to sign in. It’s archaic and absolutely unproductive. I wish I never updated, and now I’m starting to think I wish I never spent 4K on DJI gear!
2017-10-27
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jurado Posted at 2017-10-27 11:49
Thanks, yes I tried that too, when I have the app open the blue links allow you to select, so to go and register, but then the field pops up to enter the user or email and password, it’s that field that doesn’t allow selection at all under sign in or register. I can also do a password retrieve, but it again won’t let me enter the details. I strongly feel it’s a bug between IOS 11.0.3 and the DJI 4.1.13 and 4.1.14

DJI - you need to allow flying without this ridiculous view that a user has to sign in. It’s archaic and absolutely unproductive. I wish I never updated, and now I’m starting to think I wish I never spent 4K on DJI gear!

I had the same problem, but after reinstalling the app, it worked on my iPhone and Mini 2.  The secret sauce for me was to completely turn off my device after deleting the app, then restart before downloading the app again.  Don't know why it is so difficult.  However, I had the same app-crashing on my iPad Mini, which is NOT on 11.0.3.  I think it's some difficulty with DJI Go 4 not loading properly, not the new iOS software.  I hope you find a solution that works for you.  I feel your pain.
2017-10-27
Use props
556duckvader
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260312 ft
United States

I had the same issue on my iPhone 7.  I had to do the exact same thing.  Delete the app reboot then reinstall.
2017-10-27
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

556duckvader Posted at 2017-10-27 14:31
I had the same issue on my iPhone 7.  I had to do the exact same thing.  Delete the app reboot then reinstall.

So the iPad I’m using is the new thin standard size iPad, can’t recall the name apple call it. I also have the same issue on my iPhone 7. I’ll try load the screen shots again, but this dji forum photo upload seams to not be working on the same devices which is not a surprise, I’m just so amazed how this is for dji it’s not good for them! Tried another screen shot and they won’t upload!

I too had success once, when I deleted app, turned off iPad, installed it again then opened the app. It only let me connect to the drone and view the camera, it still waouldnt log in. Turning it all off then trying again I’m back to square one and same issue.

I’ve now missed 5 key jobs with this issue and I’m about to go to the opposition and see if they will pay me to smash this drone on YouTube!
2017-10-27
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

Reinstall solved the problem for me. Just make sure the App is not still running after you delete it.
2017-10-27
Use props
osmanemre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13668 ft
Turkey

Problem iPad air2 WiFi cellular
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jurado Posted at 2017-10-27 18:55
So the iPad I’m using is the new thin standard size iPad, can’t recall the name apple call it. I also have the same issue on my iPhone 7. I’ll try load the screen shots again, but this dji forum photo upload seams to not be working on the same devices which is not a surprise, I’m just so amazed how this is for dji it’s not good for them! Tried another screen shot and they won’t upload!

I too had success once, when I deleted app, turned off iPad, installed it again then opened the app. It only let me connect to the drone and view the camera, it still waouldnt log in. Turning it all off then trying again I’m back to square one and same issue.

Is there any chance to change another mobile device to verify? As for the picture, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link, I'll double check.
2017-10-30
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 01:04
Is there any chance to change another mobile device to verify? As for the picture, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us the link, I'll double check.

Dji just need to buy there own text device and try make it work. You cannot login on the latest 4.1.15 on the latest iOS software. Hopeless. No need for screen shots and stuff. Just demand your tech team test it, run it, fix it. Latest release does not work! NO ONE SHOULD BUY THESE DJI DRONES. HOPELESS SOFTWARE. haven’t been able to fly my drone for weeks, about one month .....
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jurado Posted at 2017-10-31 01:09
Dji just need to buy there own text device and try make it work. You cannot login on the latest 4.1.15 on the latest iOS software. Hopeless. No need for screen shots and stuff. Just demand your tech team test it, run it, fix it. Latest release does not work! NO ONE SHOULD BUY THESE DJI DRONES. HOPELESS SOFTWARE. haven’t been able to fly my drone for weeks, about one month .....

Sorry for your experience. This situation will be reflected to our engineers. Any error message appeared on your app?
2017-10-31
Use props
Lavilal
New
Flight distance : 57169 ft
France

En Français, effectivement la mise à jour de l appli DJI GO 4 ne passait pas, donc désinstaller l'appli de mon iphone, arreter l iphone , le relancer et reinstaller l appli pour avoir la dernier version.
2017-10-31
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

Lavilal Posted at 2017-10-31 10:30
En Français, effectivement la mise à jour de l appli DJI GO 4 ne passait pas, donc désinstaller l'appli de mon iphone, arreter l iphone , le relancer et reinstaller l appli pour avoir la dernier version.

Using the new update for 11.1 IOS still does not work. It’s a DJI app problem and this needs sorting ASAP. it’s rediculous.
2017-11-1
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-31 01:31
Sorry for your experience. This situation will be reflected to our engineers. Any error message appeared on your app?

Using the new update for 11.1 IOS still does not work. It’s a DJI app problem and this needs sorting ASAP. it’s rediculous.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jurado Posted at 2017-11-1 12:29

What is the current firmware of your drone? Can you provide me the crash log by itool? Thanks for your help.  
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jurado Posted at 2017-11-1 12:29

Please note that the problem will be fixed in next version and I would recommend you reinstall your app. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-2
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 20:19
Please note that the problem will be fixed in next version and I would recommend you reinstall your app. Thanks for your support.

your app is hopeless, and I suggest you guys invest in some more ipads and update your own software on every version to test it first before releasing.

LITCHI works amazing and works perfect so ive given up on DJI app, Litchi is very good and no issues.

2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jurado Posted at 2017-11-5 00:18
your app is hopeless, and I suggest you guys invest in some more ipads and update your own software on every version to test it first before releasing.

LITCHI works amazing and works perfect so ive given up on DJI app, Litchi is very good and no issues.

Sorry for your unpleasant experience. Please provide me the crash log so I can forward it to our engineers and solve the crash. I would not recommend you use the third party app.
2017-11-6
Use props
jurado
lvl.1
New Zealand

jurado Posted at 2017-10-31 01:09

Weeks have gone by, no answer and no fix. I am using IOS 11.1.2 now. And using your DJI go 4 app version 4.1.18. I’ve deleted your app, restarted the iPad 2 air that I’m using and reinstalled. AGAIN I can still not login and cannot enter the text fields to enter my details. I cannot log in by creating a new account either due to the same reason.

WHY.? This is rediculous.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules