Maine Fall Foliage - DJI Spark
660 7 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

The fall foliage season was short but sweet this year in Central/Eastern Maine.  I captured what I could of this beautiful time of the year.  This video consists of DJI Spark drone footage taken mostly in the Moosehead Region, Katahdin Region, as well as GoPro footage at Acadia National Park.  I'm still new to using a drone to capture videos and pictures and overall I'm really happy with the DJI Spark.  Panning left/right is a little difficult because the RC controls are so sensitive, and if I adjust the sensitivity, unfortunately that also causes the drone to move slower when I'm going forward, backward, up & down.   A lot of the clips are fast-forwarded about 3x to create more movement.  I also struggle in direct sunlight, but I suppose that's difficult with all cameras.  Maybe I'll upgrade some day to the DJI Mavic IF DJI improves the stability of their app on Android.  I didn't apply any post-processing edits other than speeding up some clips and panning in/out and left/right because I haven't yet worked with adjusting colors in Adobe Premiere Pro.  

2017-10-27
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Thx for this!  Very inspirational for the capabilities of the platform.....really nice video.

I agree with you, to be able to use the Spark to its fullest potential, DJI should allow to set up/down, yaw, right/left, forward/backward sensitivity all individually and save as a setting, there should also be a software option to return all calibrations to a user selected default.  That way you can fly in sport mode quickly with full agility to get where you need to go (we only have so much battery, right?), and then press a button to re-calibrate the sticks to a user defined option so be able to get the smoothest video, and then in yet another button press to bring us back to the user defined default for needed agility to get back home quickly.  Just sayin.....

:-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-10-27
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Nice, video and love the fall colors
2017-10-27
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Awesome, as a Mainer, this years foliage was dull compared to last year. Love the video.
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Very nice video, beautiful colours, thanks for sharing
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's some gorgeous color! Thanks for sharing.
2017-10-27
Use props
RaspPiGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35594 ft
Canada

Time to replace that GoPro with an Osmo so all of your footage blends together    Looks great, thanks!
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Great footage, I really like it. Thank you for sharing.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules