Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
YAW Error
870 8 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paultolliday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263271 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took my Inspire 1 V2 to beach on norfolk coast, having never had any problems in the past i was supprised after about 3 or 4 mins of flying i got "yaw error" warning then "Magnetic Filed Interference. Exit P-GPS Mode" there was a 10mh wind so was very tricky to land in ATTI mode but got it down safley, when i checked the log file i found there were over 500 warnings mainly YAW error, looking back on previous logs I would normally get 1 or 2 warnings but they would be for very minor things like changing flight mode etc.
I did a compass calibration as usual before flying away from metal objects etc. has anyone got any idea what could cause this problem to suddenly happen ?

very nervous about flying it now

Paul
2017-10-28
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

I got interference/gps warning once when my ac is less than 10 m. from wifi router. Look around if there is any tower nearby. If none then you should send the I1 to DJI for checking.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you happen to fly near the place with strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground.
We suggest to try another place to see if the problem persists.
2017-10-28
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Were you close to any carstone building? Have you flown there before?
2017-10-29
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

just curious--were you using a crystal sky monitor?--I ask because this happened to me when trying one, but no such issue with my iPhone 7 plus.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 10:24
just curious--were you using a crystal sky monitor?--I ask because this happened to me when trying one, but no such issue with my iPhone 7 plus.

Please try to calibrate the compass in CystalSky Settings---Compass Calibration to see if the problem persists. Thanks.
2017-10-29
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Thanks for the posts, sorry for late reply been offline for a bit, anyway, not flown there before but it is an open beach no towers or anything that may have a magnetic field. I am planning to take it to a local field later this week so I can re calibrate everything with absolutely no metal objects with in at least 600 meters. hopefully it should be ok, but still very concerned about the random fault.
2017-11-7
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 10:24

no was using NVIDIA Sheild K1
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paultolliday Posted at 2017-11-7 10:25
Hi Thanks for the posts, sorry for late reply been offline for a bit, anyway, not flown there before but it is an open beach no towers or anything that may have a magnetic field. I am planning to take it to a local field later this week so I can re calibrate everything with absolutely no metal objects with in at least 600 meters. hopefully it should be ok, but still very concerned about the random fault.

If the error persists, please get the sreenshot and keep us posted.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules