Workaround for IPHONE 8 and Mavic Pro Issues.
4737 25 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0DAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458238 ft
United States

Many of us have been unable to use the IPHONE 8 with the DJI GO app and the Mavic Pro experiencing some of the following.

1.) Application Crashes on startup
2.) Application Crashes in flight
3.) Appllication shows only black screen
4.) Application show ONLY Video screen
5.) On screen controls not responding.

At the suggestion of another user on this board I plugged my IPhone lightning cable directly into the BOTTOM full size USB port of the controller.  I am shocked. I had my Mavic Pro back. I took it on a 20 minute flight and used different flight modes. It works absolutely perfect.

*********  NOTE to DJI - The problem CLEARLY is with the Lightning to micro USB connection or something in the micro usb processing.  Using the connector on the Bottom of the controller directly to the IPHONE 8 ( aka standard lightning cable) allowed completely normal operation.
2017-10-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

sounds to me it must be the little usb cable then.....
dji went to the cheapest usb cable maker in china to source them lol but yeah they are cheap!
2017-10-28
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

0Day, what iOS version are you on?  I just tried this with no success sadly
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for sharing your story of solving this issue, hope it also help others. As for me, I also had had a crash and disconnected issue for the app, but it was resolved after reinstalling it. Anyway, I will forward this case to our engineers to check in.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

erikThureson Posted at 2017-10-28 19:37

Could you please tell us a more specific issue that you had? If it is connecting issue or crash problem, please try to reinstall the app. Let us know more details so we could help.
2017-10-28
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

erikThureson Posted at 2017-10-28 19:37

IOS 11.1 Beta 5. I also tried using a usb to micro usb with the same lighting cable to the micro USB port but it did not work.   So my working solution is a good quality lightning cable plugged into the bottom of the controller.
2017-10-28
Use props
Henrysol
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Yesterday I had my screen black twice. I going to restore my iPhone 7+ again to see what happen.
2017-10-29
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-28 20:10
Could you please tell us a more specific issue that you had? If it is connecting issue or crash problem, please try to reinstall the app. Let us know more details so we could help.

This is my previous post.  I did the following also.

1.)Deleted and Reinstalled the app 5 times
2.)Hard Reset on the IPhone
3.)Upgraded the IOS

After hours of troubleshooting, reloading the DJI app. Updating and re-updating the firmware, and reading these Forum posts, I have concluded the IPhone 8 plus is NOT currently compatilbe with the IPhone 8 plus.

I am running.
IOS version 11.1 (15B5078e)
Model MQ992LL/A
Iphone 8 Plus.

I either get one of the following when trying to connect with my Mavic Pro.

1.) App just crashed
2.) App loads but gives a black screen
3.) App connects and immediately give a full screen Video of the camera but app control is lost.
4.) App loads but freezes.
5.) App loads but camera view is black

DJI please look into this. I would have suspected with a rolloout of a new Iphone that you would have assummed many people would upgrade their phones. I have no solution to this or or older phone to roll back to.  So I am without the use of my Mavic Pro.

2017-10-29
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

Secondary USB port used in Iphone 8 solution
2017-10-29
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-29 07:26
Secondary USB port used in Iphone 8 solution

Just curious why you didn't restore your iPhone using iTunes on a Mac or PC, which will get you back to iOS 11.0.3?
2017-10-29
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

theothernt Posted at 2017-10-29 10:55
Just curious why you didn't restore your iPhone using iTunes on a Mac or PC, which will get you back to iOS 11.0.3?

Because it was shipped with 11.1. There is no backup
2017-10-29
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-28 20:10

yes, I bought the iPhone 8+ and the app says disconnected, I tried upgrading to the beta iOS11.1 and that didn't resolve it, uninstalled and reinstalled the app (DJI Go 4) and still "disconnected"

On a side note, are you stoke for the new Thor movie this week?
2017-10-30
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

erikThureson Posted at 2017-10-30 08:32
yes, I bought the iPhone 8+ and the app says disconnected, I tried upgrading to the beta iOS11.1 and that didn't resolve it, uninstalled and reinstalled the app (DJI Go 4) and still "disconnected"

On a side note, are you stoke for the new Thor movie this week?

Why did you update to iOS 11.1 beta, did someone suggest it?
2017-10-30
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

theothernt Posted at 2017-10-30 10:09
Why did you update to iOS 11.1 beta, did someone suggest it?

Yes on another thread . . . they updated to the beta release and that solved their problem
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

0DAY Posted at 2017-10-29 07:02
This is my previous post.  I did the following also.

1.)Deleted and Reinstalled the app 5 times

Thank you so much of your feedback, since I was told iOS 11.1 Beta 3 should work with DJI GO 4, had you tried this version? If you had but it didn't help, if it is possible, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to look into?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

Connect to iTunes and click “Sync”. (The backup and synchronization steps can be skipped while diagnostics cannot.)

For Mac, go to ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.
For Windows, go to C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\.

Open the “Device’s Name” (“XXX’s iPhone”) folder and check whether there is a crash file of which the name starts with “accessory” or “iap”. If yes, please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me with the link.

Besides, for the crash issue, could you please also export the crash log for analyzing? The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.

We appreciate all of your works.

2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

erikThureson Posted at 2017-10-30 11:04
Yes on another thread . . . they updated to the beta release and that solved their problem

Our engineers confirmed that iOS 11.1 Beta 3 solves the connecting issue. Please try this version or try changing another connecting cable, see if it helps. If it won't help, please refer to my reply on 15#, provide the info needed if possible, most importantly, name the iOS system of your iPhone. Thanks a lot.
2017-10-31
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

erikThureson Posted at 2017-10-30 11:04

iOS 11.1 was released a couple of hours ago, I suggest you install that and stay away from betas - it rarely helps!

If you're on the beta (11.1 beta 1 to 5), you have to remove the 'beta profile' first otherwise you'll go straight onto 11.2 beta which I advise against - then you should see iOS 11.1 as an update.
2017-10-31
Use props
lucrousseau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256654 ft
Canada

Same here, app crash in flight mode, alose with the last iOS release 11.1
2017-10-31
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

theothernt Posted at 2017-10-31 14:07
iOS 11.1 was released a couple of hours ago, I suggest you install that and stay away from betas - it rarely helps!

If you're on the beta (11.1 beta 1 to 5), you have to remove the 'beta profile' first otherwise you'll go straight onto 11.2 beta which I advise against - then you should see iOS 11.1 as an update.

will try that, I have tried every option suggested here and I still get nothing - the issue is the app says "disconnected" - however I will try to revert and remove the beta profile
2017-11-3
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

so I am doing a complete wipe of the phone, and starting all over . . .
2017-11-3
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice "lucky"
2017-11-3
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

erikThureson Posted at 2017-11-3 11:59
in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice "lucky"

OMG - I am back to square 1. I made the mistake of upgrading to IOS 11.2 Beta 2 last night. Foolishly I thought the Iphone 8 problem was fixed but NOOOOOO it's back again. The same exact problem and worse yet NOW my Standard USB/Lightning cable solution no longer works either !

DJI PLEASE .........................
2017-11-3
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

happy to report after 3 weeks, 2 beta versions, 2 updates, 1 vlog, 3 reinstalls . . . it is now working!  the mini usb port on the controller doesn't seem to be but the main usb port does.  Not sure if it is the port or the cable yet I can fly again.  #backinbusiness
2017-11-3
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Ireland

erikThureson Posted at 2017-11-3 19:44
happy to report after 3 weeks, 2 beta versions, 2 updates, 1 vlog, 3 reinstalls . . . it is now working!  the mini usb port on the controller doesn't seem to be but the main usb port does.  Not sure if it is the port or the cable yet I can fly again.  #backinbusiness

There was also another update to the DJI Go 4, that might help fixes issues with iOS 11 (and probably support for the new iPhone X).
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

0DAY Posted at 2017-11-3 15:48
OMG - I am back to square 1. I made the mistake of upgrading to IOS 11.2 Beta 2 last night. Foolishly I thought the Iphone 8 problem was fixed but NOOOOOO it's back again. The same exact problem and worse yet NOW my Standard USB/Lightning cable solution no longer works either !

DJI PLEASE .........................

Sorry for the late reply, I got your PM and had forwarded it to the engineers. Will help to get things addressed asap.
2017-11-7
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
United States

Today after the DJI Go App update for IOS I am BACK IN BUSINESS. BOTH USB ports now appear functional again. Not sure if it is DJI fix or an Apple fix that caused this but for the first time in a LONG LONG time I am back flying the Mavic Pro. No crashes (software) and it flew flawlessly.

Thank you whoever did this.
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules