Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does Crystal Sky think my Osmo Pro is the Inspire 1?
3209 23 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans02202743
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI, just a quick question of an issue I'm having... I have an Osmo Pro and just got the Crystal Sky 5.5" with the DJI mount for the Osmo Pro. I am using it with the DJI Connection cable and it's also using the Focus Wheel 2. Both the Crystal Sky and the Osmo have been updated with the latest firmware as of yesterday.

When I turn the Osmo On, The Crystal Sky is saying the Osmo is an Isprire 1 drone, I cannot choose the Osmo Pro or anything else from the menu of the DJI Go app... So when i am filming, I dont have the right screen for the Osmo Pro, with lots of gear on there I do not want or need.

If I connect to Crystal Sky via Wifi I can get the right Osmo screen, but this defeats the purpose as to why I bought the Crystal Sky/Mount/Connection cable in the first place.

Anyone here got any tips or had something similair happen?

Cheers,
Dan

2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dan, would you please try to stop DJI Go 4 when running DJI Go.
Please close it in Settings--Apps--DJI Go 4--STOPS.

If the problem persists, please keep us updated.
2017-10-28
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 22:54
Dan, would you please try to stop DJI Go 4 when running DJI Go.
Please close it in Settings--Apps--DJI Go 4--STOPS.

Thanks for the reply on a Sunday Mindy!

This morning I did what you asked, but found the DJI Go 4 app was not running.

So I thought I would start again. Reformatted the 64 GB micro sd card both in the Osmo (with my iPhone via wifi) and reformatted it again on my Mac. I also disconnected and re-entered the wifi connection for the Crystal Sky to the Osmo.

Once all this was done I connected the Crystal Sky to the Osmo with the Wifi signal, then placed it on the adapter mount while it was still turned on... Have turned it on and off and it now recognises that this is not an Inspire 1, but the Osmo Pro.  I have no idea why it has begun working, but I'm glad it has. I'll let you know if I have any further issues there ok

However I have found two new "buggy" issues that happen when using the Crystal Sky hooked up to the mounting adapter as the monitor. These two issues do not occur when I use my iPhone with wifi connection and the DJI Go app.

The first is that the battery life symbol of the Osmo is constantly showing as 0% (in red). I have changed batteries, turned it on and off and it is always a red 0%. But reads fine with the iPhone app.

Also the sound is no longer working when using the crystal sky either, the little microphone symbol on the bottom is in red with a cross through it. I hooked up both my Sennheiser AVX MKE2 system and the Rode Videomic Pro and neither are registering. On the Crystal Sky I went into the Camera icon > Mic control (Different name for previous Audio Control?) > and the "Inner Mic" switch is gone, only one control thats says "Sound" which is turned on. The Mic Gain is on "0" and set at default. I can touch the "dot" bar underneath it to increase the gain, but it does not seem to do anything. With the iPhone app the sound "microphone" icon is on white and shows the sounds bars and records sound fine.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Dan
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-10-29 17:57
Thanks for the reply on a Sunday Mindy!

This morning I did what you asked, but found the DJI Go 4 app was not running.

Good to know the CrystalSky recognize Osmo+.
I suggest to try Factory data reset in Settings---Backup&reset.
The settings in CrystalSky in a little different from APP in mobile phone and the default gain is 30.
2017-10-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Good luck with your adventure. Buyers beware.
2017-10-30
Use props
CarlosRosado
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

I have the same problem, i cannot use my Osmo Pro or Raw with the CrystalSky 5.5 without wifi conection...so, why I have bought the CrystalSky Osmo mount and the wired video adapter??? DJI website says that I need this 2 items to conect de Osmo with the monitor...but it doesnt work...

And trying to use the wired video adapter with an Android telephone doesnt work too..

I don´t know how this is possible but we need a solution soon.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CarlosRosado Posted at 2017-10-31 08:17
I have the same problem, i cannot use my Osmo Pro or Raw with the CrystalSky 5.5 without wifi conection...so, why I have bought the CrystalSky Osmo mount and the wired video adapter??? DJI website says that I need this 2 items to conect de Osmo with the monitor...but it doesnt work...

And trying to use the wired video adapter with an Android telephone doesnt work too..

Where did you purchase the wired video adapter? Does it work ever when you got it?
Will CrystalSky recognize Osmo Pro as Inspire 1?
What is the APP version and Osmo Pro firmware version?
2017-11-2
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 00:06
Good to know the CrystalSky recognize Osmo+.
I suggest to try Factory data reset in Settings---Backup&reset.
The settings in CrystalSky in a little different from APP in mobile phone and the default gain is 30.

Just did this Mindy, I have just now reset the Crystal Sky settings and got it all connected to the wifi and logged back in.
It takes me back to where I started, with the machine once again thinking it has an Inspire 1 drone connected, not the Osmo Pro.
So this time I took the Crystal Sky off the mount, connected it to the Osmo Pro with Wifi and then once it was connected I put it back onto the mount and it now works again, no longer thinking it is the Inspire 1. But it still has the same issues, battery life is saying it has 0% and there is no sound coming through.

When I detach the Crystal Sky from the mount once more and use it with just WIFI the battery works and the sound works... You guys might have an issue with the mounts/ Crystal Sky and the OSMO Pro?  

I have also contacted support via email and they are saying to return the Crystal Sky, but judging from the other post here I would think that it's an issue with other Osmo Pro's and maybe something you could test at DJI before I pay to send this back to you?  

Looking forward to your reply,
Dan
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-11-2 17:00
Just did this Mindy, I have just now reset the Crystal Sky settings and got it all connected to the wifi and logged back in.
It takes me back to where I started, with the machine once again thinking it has an Inspire 1 drone connected, not the Osmo Pro.
So this time I took the Crystal Sky off the mount, connected it to the Osmo Pro with Wifi and then once it was connected I put it back onto the mount and it now works again, no longer thinking it is the Inspire 1. But it still has the same issues, battery life is saying it has 0% and there is no sound coming through.

How about connecting the Wired video Adapter to Android mobile phone? Will the problem persist?
And could you please provide us the screenshot or picture of battery info and mic symbol? I will report the issue to our engineers to test, thank you.
2017-11-3
Use props
CluelessIdiot
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-3 01:27
How about connecting the Wired video Adapter to Android mobile phone? Will the problem persist?
And could you please provide us the screenshot or picture of battery info and mic symbol? I will report the issue to our engineers to test, thank you.

Just received Osmo Pro, Crystal Sky and a bunch of other crap yesterday.  Osmo Pro needed firmware update, which is a little nuts given how long the current firmware has been out.  Several upgrades required out of the box on the Crystal Sky as well.  However, I was anticipating all kinds of issues based on reading this and similar threads.  This is probably a completely worthless and non-helpful post, but once everything was correctly updated, I connected the CS cable to the Osmo Pro (with both standard adapter and Z-thing), and turned on the Osmo first.  I was caught a bit off guard by the CS powering up automatically once connected via wire; but that's a nice little bonus for sake of quick run & gun scenarios I deal with constantly.  Startup time for the app was as least half the time it takes to get rolling wirelessly, and everything connected immediately.  Zero noticeable latency, clear picture, and everything just worked as marketed right out of the box.  I have no idea how to tell you what I might have done any differently than you're doing or how to troubleshoot... but I can confirm with 100% certainty that the Osmo, X5 and CS (smaller one) work flawlessly out of the box in my experience last night.  If I can help by answering anything specific, I'm most happy to.  However, note my chosen name on this board.... it's for valid reason and expectation.  
2017-11-3
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

CluelessIdiot Posted at 2017-11-3 06:16
Just received Osmo Pro, Crystal Sky and a bunch of other crap yesterday.  Osmo Pro needed firmware update, which is a little nuts given how long the current firmware has been out.  Several upgrades required out of the box on the Crystal Sky as well.  However, I was anticipating all kinds of issues based on reading this and similar threads.  This is probably a completely worthless and non-helpful post, but once everything was correctly updated, I connected the CS cable to the Osmo Pro (with both standard adapter and Z-thing), and turned on the Osmo first.  I was caught a bit off guard by the CS powering up automatically once connected via wire; but that's a nice little bonus for sake of quick run & gun scenarios I deal with constantly.  Startup time for the app was as least half the time it takes to get rolling wirelessly, and everything connected immediately.  Zero noticeable latency, clear picture, and everything just worked as marketed right out of the box.  I have no idea how to tell you what I might have done any differently than you're doing or how to troubleshoot... but I can confirm with 100% certainty that the Osmo, X5 and CS (smaller one) work flawlessly out of the box in my experience last night.  If I can help by answering anything specific, I'm most happy to.  However, note my chosen name on this board.... it's for valid reason and expectation.

Thats good to hear Clueless idiot, just confirms that I will need to send mine back to China and see if they can fix it then.. And I was all so excited to be using it the last week, not to be though.    

Maybe in the next month when I get it back.
2017-11-3
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-3 01:27

Here you go Mindy, you can see the battery at the top is on 0% even though its just about full and the microbe is red like it is not connected as well..

After seeing this last post of the fellow who has his all working normally I am thinking there is an issue with my Crystal Sky or the Mount/adapter, or the Osmo Pro itself?

Cheers,
Dan
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-11-3 22:59
Here you go Mindy, you can see the battery at the top is on 0% even though its just about full and the microbe is red like it is not connected as well..
[view_image]

Sorry, Dan, I didn't see any pictures here.
But the firmware of CrystalSky has been released, would you mind updating at your most convenience to have a try?
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CluelessIdiot Posted at 2017-11-3 06:16

Glad to know everything goes well, thanks for sharing.
If other customers have the problem with CrystalSky, you are welcome to input your thoughts.
And you can also keep us updated if you have any problems.
By the way, the name is cute.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans67e17af0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309711 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am having similar problems with the crystal sky. Using the adapter with the Osmo  and going to the Osmo menu the only ,blue,option I have is the Osmo mobile, yet the camera is the Z 3. Even when I put the X5 on the only blue option is the Osmo mobile. If I tap on the blue connect button the screen  still shows no video. All systems have the very latest firmware as off Dec 1st.  Effective the adapter does not work, WiFi is fine with all cameras, X3,Z3 and X5. What else can I do but trust DJI will fix the firmware ASAP
2017-12-2
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 01:54
Sorry, Dan, I didn't see any pictures here.
But the firmware of CrystalSky has been released, would you mind updating at your most convenience to have a try?

Hi Mindy, a small update.
I sent the Osmo Pro away to be checked by the repair team at DJI in Australia, where they came back a few weeks later and said nothing was wrong with it... In the meantime I updated with the new firmware for the Crystal Sky and the new DJI Go App updates as well, thinking/ hoping this must be part of the issue.

I finally got the Osmo back today and hooked it all back up, only to see I still have the same issue of the battery life indicator in 0% red as well as the microphone on the lower part of the screen saying it is not connected... Both work fine when you connect the Crystal Sky via bluetooth though.

I have emailed DJI support once more to say it's still not fixed, which is all very frustrating to say the least.

One good thing is that the Crystal Sky now acknowledges that my Osmo Pro is not an Inspire 1 drone anymore....  

Cheers
Dan
2017-12-10
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-12-10 20:26
Hi Mindy, a small update.
I sent the Osmo Pro away to be checked by the repair team at DJI in Australia, where they came back a few weeks later and said nothing was wrong with it... In the meantime I updated with the new firmware for the Crystal Sky and the new DJI Go App updates as well, thinking/ hoping this must be part of the issue.

I spoke to early... Just did the new/ latest update for the Crystal Sky and the DJI Go app this afternoon...

And the App is back to saying my Osmo Pro is an Inspire 1 drone..

This is really crazy, I would have hoped all this DJI gear would just simply work together, not sure why it's so hard for it to do this?
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-12-14 23:09
I spoke to early... Just did the new/ latest update for the Crystal Sky and the DJI Go app this afternoon...

Hi Dan, I'm so sorry that I missed your last post.
The issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated soon, thanks for your patience.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-12-14 23:09

Hi Dan, our engineers would like to know if the problem persists when you connect to Android mobile device, it seems you didn't reply my question in 9#.
Besides, would you mind providing the current firmware of Osmo Pro?
Please try to flash the firmware according to the video below:
Thanks for your assistance for more test.
2017-12-19
Use props
Danlovescars
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Mindy, I have tried it with a Samsung Android device and it does not work with that either when connected via the wired video connector.  

Both the Android phone and Crystal Sky work via WiFi though.  

Firmware for the Osmo Pro is v1.4.0.70

On the mini SD card was this text file, I've copied and pasted in case there is any relevant details there for you:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.40.bin
Upgrading ...
FOCUS NOT CONNECT.
FOCUS NOT CONNECT.
Result: Success.

Packet: OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.40.bin
FOCUS NOT CONNECT.
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.bin
Upgrading ...
FOCUS NOT CONNECT.
FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2017.10.29 12:36:46 =====================

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

FOCUS NOT CONNECT.

Then today just for more fun the Crystal Sky no longer finds the Osmo Pro / "Inspire 1" when I turn it on connected to the video mount adapter. It will only work via Wifi now, where it all works fine but has the lag issues, which is why i bought the Crystal Sky and wired video adapter / and mount to stop this from happening.

I think the whole complete unit of the Osmo Pro, Crystal Sky, wired video adapter, the mount and follow focus 2 needs to be sent back, as it has been a few months now and this issue is still not resolved, so I have not been able to use it properly one time yet, it's only use is a very expensive paper weight on my work desk.

My patience is well and truly over with this device.  

With thanks,
Dan
2017-12-26
Use props
BaileyEyeArt.com
lvl.1
United States

Danlovescars Posted at 2017-11-3 22:55
Thats good to hear Clueless idiot, just confirms that I will need to send mine back to China and see if they can fix it then.. And I was all so excited to be using it the last week, not to be though.   

Maybe in the next month when I get it back.

Found a fix,  make sure the HDMI cable is plugged in short cable going to Osmo.
2018-2-7
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>

I also have issues with DJI Osmo Pro connecting to crystalsky using wired video adapter and the original mounting kit from DJI. Just received the Crystalsky with mounting kit today.

And basically nothing is working.

Everything has the latest firmware installed.

Connecting via cable is not working at all - doesn't recognize the Osmo at all. Exactly like in the post of other owner, it only shows inspires in the selection menu.

Connecting using Wifi is possible, but only once I could see the Osmos picture. After that it will connect but the screen remains black - I can connect and and operate the Osmo but I get no picture at all.

When I connect by cable I checked the USB status of the Crystalsky - It says "Charging using USB". Maybe here is the problem. Crystalsky is in charging mode and not using the data connection to the Osmo.

When I read also those posts here I'm wondering  if there is any kind of support by DJI. Only Mindy saying sorry and asking for latest firmware and reboot.

So I need support now or I have just burned quite a lot of money.
2018-6-15
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>

Okay - Solution found. At least in my case, but I think it will work with in all other cases too.

I had a long talk with someone from DJI Support - unfortunately he couldn't help me. He raised a ticket for the devs in China to hopefully have an idea.

But I played a little around, surfed the web und collected some information: Basically the problem ist the firmware of the Osmo Pro - the latest firmware linked on their website is not the most current. In fact they had a newer version online but removed the link on their site for whatever reason.

So I downloaded the newer and not linked any more version ... Here the details:

Download:

DJI Osmo Raw: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... FW_V01.04.00.70.zip
DJI Osmo Pro: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... FW_V01.04.00.70.zip

- unzip file
- Copy the bin file into the base directory onto a freshly formatted microSD
- Insert microSD into Osmo Raw/Pro
- Be sure to have a fully charged battery
- Start  the osmo
- Update will begin - takes about 15-20 minutes. During this time the left led will flash between red and green
- When it's finished, Osmo beginns beeping

Before the update there was an "unknown" when I checked the firmware version - no it's 1.4.0.70.

And - finally ... everything works perfectly - connection to Crystalsky using the wired adapter is stable and much faster than wifi.

2018-6-15
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
  • >>>

Some pics:

2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules