o(^-^)o
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-26 14:48
Still no Icon...
My MP showed up in minutes.

I sent a PM to DJI Mindy too, no reply, and  still no icon. You have yours, though!

Now, I only have an Osmo, as I crashed my Mavic on a mountain slope, just a couple of hundred feet out and 180 feet down... But it's simply too dangerous to go get it. Very unhappy.
2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-26 21:59
I sent a PM to DJI Mindy too, no reply, and  still no icon. You have yours, though!

Now, I only have an Osmo, as I crashed my Mavic on a mountain slope, just a couple of hundred feet out and 180 feet down... But it's simply too dangerous to go get it. Very unhappy.

That is a pity.
You are a bit too far away, otherwise I would for sure give it a try!
2017-11-26
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-26 23:10
That is a pity.
You are a bit too far away, otherwise I would for sure give it a try!

Very, very steep... Very, very unstable surface... And you wouldn't stop until you got the bottom!
1DE3C770-1500-4596-A9B0-25FAA1BF172B.jpeg
2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always up for a challenge
Especially when there is a pot of gold at the bottom!

Man, that looks very steep indeed.
Don't you have some rock climbing friends around?
There must be a way to get down there.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-23 22:50
I sent a PM to DJI Mindy.

PM received with thanks, our technicians are working on it, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-26 23:56
Always up for a challenge
Especially when there is a pot of gold at the bottom!

200 ft down... More than 300 to go... And the Google Earth image really doesn't do it justice! It's a wilderness area, so no climbing or foot traffic over the fence is allowed AT ALL. Even if I decided to just do it, it wouldn't be a quick trip since we don't know where the Mavic Is!  This is a very exclusive housing area, and I know for certain someone would call the police when we started climbing down the cliff to our deaths!

The DJI Go 4 app does not show the live GPS position of the search aircraft.. it only shows us the GPS position in the flight logs after we've landed, which is of no help at all. Thanks to the Google Earth photos we now have a general area to look, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. There's no guarantee the last GPS coordinates in the flight log is where the Mavic is, however. Even if we find it, the chances of successfully being able to hook it and drag it out of the bushes, and up the cliff side, are slim, to say the least.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 00:52
PM received with thanks, our technicians are working on it, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.

Thank you.
2017-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-27 02:07
200 ft down... More than 300 to go... And the Google Earth image really doesn't do it justice! It's a wilderness area, so no climbing or foot traffic over the fence is allowed AT ALL. Even if I decided to just do it, it wouldn't be a quick trip since we don't know where the Mavic Is!  This is a very exclusive housing area, and I know for certain someone would call the police when we started climbing down the cliff to our deaths!

The DJI Go 4 app does not show the live GPS position of the search aircraft.. it only shows us the GPS position in the flight logs after we've landed, which is of no help at all. Thanks to the Google Earth photos we now have a general area to look, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. There's no guarantee the last GPS coordinates in the flight log is where the Mavic is, however. Even if we find it, the chances of successfully being able to hook it and drag it out of the bushes, and up the cliff side, are slim, to say the least.

Oops.
Looks can be deceiving.
Especially from behind the security of a desk.

That is a real pity.
And an expensive one too.
Maybe buy a dog and train it to fetch DJI drones...
(just kidding of course).
2017-11-27
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-27 02:22
Oops.
Looks can be deceiving.
Especially from behind the security of a desk.

I have a cat...
2017-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope it is a big one
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, Jyunte, Osmo+ has been displayed under your avatar, please let us know if you have any further problem.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 23:33
Hi, Jyunte, Osmo+ has been displayed under your avatar, please let us know if you have any further problem.

Cool! Thank you! Wish I still had my Mavic! :-( Hopefully I'll get it back.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-28 00:45
Cool! Thank you! Wish I still had my Mavic! :-( Hopefully I'll get it back.

You are welcome. I'm sorry for your loss, did you contact our support to start a ticket for data analysis?
If you need any assistance, please let me know.
2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 23:33

That is great news
2017-11-28
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-28 01:40
You are welcome. I'm sorry for your loss, did you contact our support to start a ticket for data analysis?
If you need any assistance, please let me know.

DJI MIndy:  I did... I requested DJI Refresh assistance, but they treated it as a Warranty Problem. They came to the same conclusion I did... it was pilot error and therefore not covered by the warranty. I never claimed it was anything other than pilot error!  I'm trying to make them understand that I'm trying to get a replacement Mavic Pro using my DJI Care Refresh. Maybe you can help me with that?
2017-11-28
Use props
SnakeArtworX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9987 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-21 03:41
Thank you, but I only see Mavic Pro which was activated by this account.
Could you please PM me the serial number of the Osmo? Thank you.

Thank You, DJI Mindy. PM with serial numbers sent.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2017-11-28 12:48
DJI MIndy:  I did... I requested DJI Refresh assistance, but they treated it as a Warranty Problem. They came to the same conclusion I did... it was pilot error and therefore not covered by the warranty. I never claimed it was anything other than pilot error!  I'm trying to make them understand that I'm trying to get a replacement Mavic Pro using my DJI Care Refresh. Maybe you can help me with that?

Jyunte, sorry to tell you that DJI Care Refresh will not cover the lost drone or partially lost
If the drone cannot be recovered, I'm afraid I cannot help you either.
Thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SnakeArtworX Posted at 2017-11-30 03:24
Thank You, DJI Mindy. PM with serial numbers sent.

PM received, I will escalate the issue to the developer, please wait patiently, thank you.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules