Quickshot button does nothing (new firmware)
2805 5 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans622a41dc
lvl.1
United States

I updated the drone, controller, and all batteries with the newest firmware. For the most part things seem to be working, but one exception is that hitting Quickshot does simply nothing.

I think the Spark is trying to enter Quickshot more as shown by the Normal icon turning into the Quickshot on the left side of the screen, but nothing else happens except this: the video record button becomes greyed out.

There are no other buttons or options that appear.
I am high off the ground (50 feet) in calm flying conditions. Full battery and full GPS lock. No obstacles.

I then set it back to Normal mode, and Record ability returns.

What is going on?
Before the firmware update Quickshot didn't funtion, but at least I could request the different quickshot types (eg Dronie) and start them, but now I don't even have those options.

2017-10-29
Use props
ArnodePee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194718 ft
Netherlands

When I'm connected by otg, I can not use Quickshot either. When I'm connected to Wi-Fi, it's just working well.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, other intelligent flight modes works except Quickshot mode, right? Could you please provide me with the operation procedure video for a further confirmation?
2017-10-29
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Lol...same thing happening to me...

When u see the quickshot on the left hand side, simply draw a square around the object you want the quickshot to focus on, and then the menu will pop up asking which quickshot u want to use, etc...  see if that works.

Todd in chicago
2017-10-29
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Btw.... I could swear but I guess I can't confirm that this Behavior somehow changed without changing my firmware.

When I first got my spark and I updated all my firmware and got it out and fight it for the first time I used the quick shot and it was pretty simple you clicked on it the options came up you choose which one you wanted and then you highlight your subject. I went to go use my spark about a week later and it seems like this time when I click on quick shot all it did was put the quick shot icon on the left hand side and I thought it was broken.

For some reason just recently I tried actually just clicking a box around myself when that quick shot icon was on the left hand side and lo and behold when you do that now the options pop up as to which quickshot you would like to perform.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-10-29
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Yeah, it changed in the last update. Used to be you pressed quick shot, and the options would come up. Now, you press quick shot to enter quick shot mode, tap your subject (if a person, or draw a box), and the options appear.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules