My first video & edit what do you think?
1409 11 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Great job, Ryan. Practice makes perfect, I believe you will get more beautiful and smooth footages in the future.
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 03:51
Great job, Ryan. Practice makes perfect, I believe you will get more beautiful and smooth footages in the future.

thank you, I must try tripod mode for smoother image and also some of the built in quickshot & flight modes...
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice job Ryan, lovely subject.

I would suggest some things for the next one: (only my opinion of course, if you like it this way it is ok of course)
- Set the sensitivity of the controls and gimbals to a lower level
- Don't record while moving the gimbal / drone small bits, only when you make a planned move from point a to point b (slowly). There are many little moves that make a less smooth viewing experience.
- Don't speed things, only when you want to get a specific effect (one of your shots was sped up a bit, I think because you wanted it to be shorter, better to cut it shorter than speed it up)
- Your footage is a bit over exposed, set the EV compensation to -0.7 to get a better average look. Manual is even better, but I can imagine you want to keep an eye on your flying and not worry about exposure.
- The footage shows some strange effect when moving. Like fast-slow-fast-slow (I can't find the word for this) for example in the shot that starts at 1:03. It looks like there is something causing this effect, not sure what it is. Do you see that also? And is it in the original footage?

Hope to see more from you!
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 04:36
Nice job Ryan, lovely subject.

I would suggest some things for the next one: (only my opinion of course, if you like it this way it is ok of course)

Thanks, Montfrooij. I realised when I watched the footage that it was a little jerky so I will try to use tripod mode and set the gamble slower in future.
Also yes I want to learn to set the correct exposure, on this day I was sheltered by trees of course but it was very sunny so the light really came through so brightly and I didn't know how to compensate for this. I will try what you suggested -0.7 thanks.
I only had two video clips and dragged them both into iMovie, cut some bits out, added the music and sounds. I have never done any editing before so any tips are much appreciated thanks.
I am out at sea at the moment working but I plan on shooting some more when I return home. I love the spark.
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ryan's Sparky Posted at 2017-10-29 05:25
Thanks, Montfrooij. I realised when I watched the footage that it was a little jerky so I will try to use tripod mode and set the gamble slower in future.
Also yes I want to learn to set the correct exposure, on this day I was sheltered by trees of course but it was very sunny so the light really came through so brightly and I didn't know how to compensate for this. I will try what you suggested -0.7 thanks.
I only had two video clips and dragged them both into iMovie, cut some bits out, added the music and sounds. I have never done any editing before so any tips are much appreciated thanks.

You're welcome.
I think iMovie might be the cause of this weird motion thing.
But I am not sure.
Can you share the original file of that shot (where you move to the waterfall)?
It can be via Youtube.
Curious if that also has this strange motion effect.
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 05:42
You're welcome.
I think iMovie might be the cause of this weird motion thing.
But I am not sure.

sorry I don't have the memory card with me.
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ryan's Sparky Posted at 2017-10-29 06:20
sorry I don't have the memory card with me.

No problem. Just curious.
2017-10-29
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Although I think you will agree this is not yet a Cinematic Masterpiece, I think you are doing the right thing from watching your video.  You are mastering the control of the Spark in very tight spaces which can only help you get better and better with controlling the craft long term.  Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching it.
2017-10-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job!!!!
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

HomePoint Posted at 2017-10-29 07:32
Although I think you will agree this is not yet a Cinematic Masterpiece, I think you are doing the right thing from watching your video.  You are mastering the control of the Spark in very tight spaces which can only help you get better and better with controlling the craft long term.  Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching it.

Thanks HomePoint.
Altho this is my first video the Spark is the 2nd drone I owned, I first purchased a really cheap one for about £35 to help me learn the basic controls - i crashed a lot in a short time haha! However it is still alive and very fun.
That being said after maybe just 4-5 flights with my cheap drone my Spark arrived and what a difference, it is much more stable and easier to fly.  
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

Thanks Lucas
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules