Wich application to use the Spark ?
6803 9 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

Hello,

I was wondering which app is it possible to use as video control with the spark ?
I tried DJI go 4 but it bugs like hell,   I tried litchi,  bought 25$ and we can't setup anything, errors whatever we do, so can't even change distance limit (50m)...
I there any serious application existing ?

Thanks for help !

2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What phone are you using go4 should be ok and I’ve used litchi with no problems.
2017-10-29
Use props
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

I have an HTC one mini.   
It works fine with all applications I used up to now, except that ones.
My wife has a Sony Xperia, and she just can't use the app...
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to reinstall the app and see will the app work well. Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.
2017-10-29
Use props
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

The Spark is already expensive enough, if we have to buy a special phone 500$  more to use it,  that's not serious...
I tried to re-instal, but it doesn't change anything.
2017-10-29
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

By choosing the DJI brand as your choice for a video drone you need to understand that you will also require a decent mobile device to operate it.  This is not a low cost hobby, but you can get lucky and find a high spec Android device that is low cost and does work with DJI apps.  I for a long time used the OnePlus3 phone which brand new was only £309 at the time and this was a fantastic device and still is, but now unfortunately not available as new.  Shop around, I am sure you will find someone to help find a low cost solution.
2017-10-29
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

If you have an iOS device, there are good alternatives.
Do you have the rc transmitter or not?
2017-10-29
Use props
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

Yes I use RC,  I need phone only for video control.
I've tried with some of most powerfull devices, never found anyone that works with the app  :/
2017-10-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LukeSansonsabre Posted at 2017-10-29 04:27
The Spark is already expensive enough, if we have to buy a special phone 500$  more to use it,  that's not serious...
I tried to re-instal, but it doesn't change anything.

I don't know if you have Walmarts there.  I purchased an iPhone SE at Walmart for $129.  I just never inserted the SIM card.  I use it with my Spark RC. It works extremely well.
2017-10-30
Use props
LukeSansonsabre
lvl.1
France

I'm in Europe , here Iphone SE cost minimum 400€,  and about 350€ for a used one.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules