Video pixilated, why is that?
1995 29 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi all, please ...any advise on why the video becomes pixilated per the clip.https://www.skypixel.com/videos/pixilated-why
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, is this footage from the SD card?
2017-10-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 04:37
Wow, is this footage from the SD card?

Thanks for replying - no that footage was from my devise. I have though just played back the same footage from my drone and the quality is really much better without the pixilating but the images are still hurt with problems - for example the screen sometimes freezes on a frame and sometimes goes blank.

Problem is i can only edit on sky pixel which only can use original recorded data from my devise - even if i transfer the files from drone to devise then i still cannot edit in sky pixel -
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-29 05:17
Thanks for replying - no that footage was from my devise. I have though just played back the same footage from my drone and the quality is really much better without the pixilating but the images are still hurt with problems - for example the screen sometimes freezes on a frame and sometimes goes blank.

Problem is i can only edit on sky pixel which only can use original recorded data from my devise - even if i transfer the files from drone to devise then i still cannot edit in sky pixel -

Aha.
Did you have the same issues when you were flying (like the preview was also pixelated?)
And what device are you using?
2017-10-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 05:45
Aha.
Did you have the same issues when you were flying (like the preview was also pixelated?)

My devise is Sony Z3.
When i am flying it is mostly with goggles as was the case today - this means that i do not know what the devise screen looked like - ie was the picture pixilated or not.
I do know that when i took my goggles off to land i noticed that my battery indicator said N/A.
Also by ear i could hear that my instructions were sometimes delayed through the system. Actual flight responsiveness was fine but taking pictures was out of sync.

2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure what is the cause, but could you check the SD card how the footage looks?
2017-10-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Well if it's not on the SD card then sometimes that just happens from the transmission signal sending the cache to your device
2017-10-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also sky pixel really degrades quality of videos in editor
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if the video of the SD card will also have this issue. If no issues in the original footage, you can try to reinstall the app, or change another USB cable. If the problem persists, you might need to test another device. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-10-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 21:29
Please check if the video of the SD card will also have this issue. If no issues in the original footage, you can try to reinstall the app, or change another USB cable. If the problem persists, you might need to test another device. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks Thor - mostly the footage on the sd card is fine.
Tonite is was editing my flying video and the dji app keeps shutting down/not responding.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app - the same problem comes up that the app keeps failiing (even before it opens properly)
I do not have another devise to test the app on - my devise has worked till now and all other functions on my devise continue to work properly.
It is really not reasonable to expect that i must now purchase a new devise to make the app work,
Do you perhaps have any practicle solutions i can try.
2017-10-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 21:29

I have uninstalled the app again and reloaded again - and it still does not load up - so dissapointed -
2017-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-30 10:52
Thanks Thor - mostly the footage on the sd card is fine.
Tonite is was editing my flying video and the dji app keeps shutting down/not responding.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app - the same problem comes up that the app keeps failiing (even before it opens properly)

This is glitching caused by the video link between the OcuSync transmission and your device. You can try a number of minor options such as ensuring you are not anywhere near large metal structures/WiFi noise/Electromagnetic interference etc. Also, you can try using a different cable to connect the device to the RC. However, the main cause of this will more than likely be your actual device. The GO 4 app is optimised for the iPhone and specifically the iPhone 7/+ as noted by DJI in their official specs. It is well known that Android devices, whilst mainly compatible, do suffer more disconnects and glitching issues than IOS when using the app. Also ensure you have bluetooth and WiFi turned off and that you are recording in 720p on the live feed and not 1080p - this can also cause issues. So - change the cable, refresh the firmware, uninstall and install the latest version of the GO4 app, calibrate everything, switch to 720p on the live feed within the app, buy a more powerful micro SD card and if all of that does not work then buy an iPhone 7+...
2017-10-30
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-10-30 11:14
This is glitching caused by the video link between the OcuSync transmission and your device. You can try a number of minor options such as ensuring you are not anywhere near large metal structures/WiFi noise/Electromagnetic interference etc. Also, you can try using a different cable to connect the device to the RC. However, the main cause of this will more than likely be your actual device. The GO 4 app is optimised for the iPhone and specifically the iPhone 7/+ as noted by DJI in their official specs. It is well known that Android devices, whilst mainly compatible, do suffer more disconnects and glitching issues than IOS when using the app. Also ensure you have bluetooth and WiFi turned off and that you are recording in 720p on the live feed and not 1080p - this can also cause issues. So - change the cable, refresh the firmware, uninstall and install the latest version of the GO4 app, calibrate everything, switch to 720p on the live feed within the app, buy a more powerful micro SD card and if all of that does not work then buy an iPhone 7+...

Also disable any other apps that may be running in the background.  Most of the time the local (phone) pixelation is caused by an overburdened decompression processing in the phone.
2017-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-30 12:03
Also disable any other apps that may be running in the background.  Most of the time the local (phone) pixelation is caused by an overburdened decompression processing in the phone.

So true - forgot to add.
2017-10-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2017-10-30 11:14

Thanks A CW - problem is not electomags etc - i was flying from same area i often fly.
The cable seems fine on grounds it only happened for a while and then with same cable started working properly again.
I will check the live view feed to ensure 720p.
THEN ---- i refreshed all firmware and had a successfull recording day the day after.
BUT THEN...... by last night the app simply failed whilst editing.
So i uninstalled the app and reloaded - have done that about 10 times now and still the app simply will not open.
gonna try another devise later but i am very dissapointed as i have already bought an expensive new phone which worked fine for the past few months but now does not open the app at all.
2017-10-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-30 12:03

That makes sense - but i believe all apps were closed as this is normal procedure for me - thanks for yr input though it must be something else.
2017-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-30 22:06
Thanks A CW - problem is not electomags etc - i was flying from same area i often fly.
The cable seems fine on grounds it only happened for a while and then with same cable started working properly again.
I will check the live view feed to ensure 720p.

Looks like you've covered all angles by the sound of it. If you've used this device before without any similar issues it may be a case that the latest firmware has caused the issue or a recent GO 4 app update which may have made the app more powerful than your device can handle. Hate to say but it may even be worse case too - your gimbal/camera has malfunctioned. Before trading in your device and losing potentially hundreds try a factory reset in Assistant 2 on the drone and recalibrate everything as if new out of the box following the reset or buy a quality used iPad Mini 4 from Ebay and use a dedicated device just for the drone. Alternatively, you could liaise with DJI support, raise a ticket and ship back your drone for an official diagnostic evaluation and potential repair/replacement if still covered by the warranty and deemed by DJI technicians to be a manufacturers fault with the drone but this could take 1-2 months and they may charge you if not covered! So there are a few options for you - hope you find the cause and get it sorted soon.
2017-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And one other thing that has just sprung to mind - turn off video cache in the app. This drains a lot of power from the mobile and has been known as a cause for glitches like this on android. This may enable a clearer and glitch free live feed and you can still record and use the files from the Micro SD card but you won't be able to use the Editor in the app or playback footage on your device as the footage won't be saved to the app/your device.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-30 11:09
I have uninstalled the app again and reloaded again - and it still does not load up - so dissapointed -

I am sorry, since you had tried steps I mentioned above, it would be nice if you could test another device to see if it might be the compatibility issue. Is there a chance if you can borrow your family or friend's device to test? Make sure the mobile device is on the support list to ensure the performance. If all devices get the same result, you might need to send the drone and RC back for an overall check. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 01:24
I am sorry, since you had tried steps I mentioned above, it would be nice if you could test another device to see if it might be the compatibility issue. Is there a chance if you can borrow your family or friend's device to test? Make sure the mobile device is on the support list to ensure the performance. If all devices get the same result, you might need to send the drone and RC back for an overall check.[view_image]

Thanks Thor - my only other available option is my old samsung A6 -
also - despite that i have uninstalled the dji app i still managed to find some dji files in my devise cache which i now deleted and also took out my sd card - will try load again and keep you posted on both devises.
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2017-10-31 00:01
And one other thing that has just sprung to mind - turn off video cache in the app. This drains a lot of power from the mobile and has been known as a cause for glitches like this on android. This may enable a clearer and glitch free live feed and you can still record and use the files from the Micro SD card but you won't be able to use the Editor in the app or playback footage on your device as the footage won't be saved to the app/your device.

thanks for the tips - but problem for me is that i mostly edit in skypixel - it is my prefered go to and on the go editing tool.:-(
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2017-10-30 23:49
Looks like you've covered all angles by the sound of it. If you've used this device before without any similar issues it may be a case that the latest firmware has caused the issue or a recent GO 4 app update which may have made the app more powerful than your device can handle. Hate to say but it may even be worse case too - your gimbal/camera has malfunctioned. Before trading in your device and losing potentially hundreds try a factory reset in Assistant 2 on the drone and recalibrate everything as if new out of the box following the reset or buy a quality used iPad Mini 4 from Ebay and use a dedicated device just for the drone. Alternatively, you could liaise with DJI support, raise a ticket and ship back your drone for an official diagnostic evaluation and potential repair/replacement if still covered by the warranty and deemed by DJI technicians to be a manufacturers fault with the drone but this could take 1-2 months and they may charge you if not covered! So there are a few options for you - hope you find the cause and get it sorted soon.

Thanks for yr input - much appreciated.
I am bummed because my forst devise bought as designated devise for my drone was recommeneded by dji dealer - but it did not work so well - so i was forced to buy another devise which worked till now but perhaps i must now buy a 3rd devise in 6 months - thats crazy.
My last deise i had for 5 years - now i have had 3 in less than a year - but thanks for yr advise , much appreciated
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 01:24
I am sorry, since you had tried steps I mentioned above, it would be nice if you could test another device to see if it might be the compatibility issue. Is there a chance if you can borrow your family or friend's device to test? Make sure the mobile device is on the support list to ensure the performance. If all devices get the same result, you might need to send the drone and RC back for an overall check.[view_image]

Thanks for yr help Thor - it looks like i have had success.
After i had uninstalled the dji app from my device (sony z3) i still found some dji files in my devise cache - i deleted these and i also removed my sd card - then i reloaded the app for about 11th time and the app has loaded successfully and opens properly.
I have not tried it to fly yet but i feel confident that the problem is resolved - just to share the outcome of this problem with you
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2017-10-31 00:01

Thanks for yr help A CW - it looks like i have had success.
After i had uninstalled the dji app from my device (sony z3) i still found some dji files in my devise cache - i deleted these and i also removed my sd card - then i reloaded the app for about 11th time and the app has loaded successfully and opens properly.
I have not tried it to fly yet but i feel confident that the problem is resolved - just to share the outcome of this problem with you
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 05:45
Aha.

Thanks for yr help montfrooij - it looks like i have had success.
2017-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-31 05:45
Thanks for yr help montfrooij - it looks like i have had success.

Nice.
Good to share what (seems to) work for future reference.
2017-10-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-31 05:44
Thanks for yr help A CW - it looks like i have had success.

Glad it's resolved and thanks for sharing what seems to be the root cause. Fingers crossed it sorted and you can save your money and a massive headache.
2017-10-31
Use props
fans6189ebb1
lvl.1

United States

I had exact same problem. In my case, I changed the viewer that I was using to watch the video on my laptop. If you use the default Apple video format, you may get pixalation when watching on a Windows PC. Try using a different viewer, or go to settings, and switch from .mov to .mp4
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-31 05:43
Thanks for yr help Thor - it looks like i have had success.

That's really joyful to hear the good news. Maybe next time when other users have encountered this issue, you can help them to give it a try. Enjoy your time.
2017-11-1
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

fans6189ebb1 Posted at 2017-10-31 08:41
I had exact same problem. In my case, I changed the viewer that I was using to watch the video on my laptop. If you use the default Apple video format, you may get pixalation when watching on a Windows PC. Try using a different viewer, or go to settings, and switch from .mov to .mp4

Thanks fans - it was not a viewer platform problem but thanks for yr input.
But as you say i have noticed difernaces in quality between differant viewers.
VCL is my default and although it produced the best picture quality is stuttered through the whole video clip.
Last night i played with VCL settings and managed to stop the stuttering  but now the image quality is poorer -
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules