RC's - confusion
942 6 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dchapman
New

United States

Question: Can you use two remotes (one dedicated to controlling the camera and one strictly for flying)?
-From what I quickly read, the Phantom 3 comes with one remote that does both.
2015-4-9
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Per their FAQ, you can't do two remotes.
2015-4-9
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

I would bet that if you're willing and competent at using some solder, wire, a socket of your choosing, a cable, a couple switches (or one depending on the switc), and if you have ANY transmitter with pots with the same specs, you could create a "dongle transmitter" that would control just the camera.  

Essentially you would be switching two axes to use the external pots upon toggling a switch.  The main transmitter would have no control at all of yaw or gimbal pitch.

Importantly, the "pilot" would have to use home lock or course lock, because he/she can't control yaw.  (A big advantage of the Inspire is the yaw of camera and craft aren't tied together.)

The pots would have to have nearly identical characteristics, including their resistance at the center position, otherwise you would need to recalibrate the sticks before using it, and calibrate again before switching back to a single transmitter.  (This could be very carefully compensated for with "tweaker pots" so they require identical calibration.)

All of this would void the warranty, but it seems like a fun project.

And then there's the fact that you're hearing this from "some dude on the internet" who has never actually tried it.  
2015-4-9
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Same as the P2.  I do not think DJI wanted to create a product as good as the Inspire.  Why would they?
2015-4-9
Use props
dchapman
New

United States

Hmm this is both frustrating and interesting. Would have purchased the Phantom 3 today had it enabled two remotes...
2015-4-9
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

dchapman Posted at 2015-4-10 01:23
Hmm this is both frustrating and interesting. Would have purchased the Phantom 3 today had it enable ...

Their market is working.  They want you to buy either the P3 ORRRRR...upgrade to the Inspire.  Some team at DJI has done a masterful job creating buzz, excitement and desire to BUY!!!

I too am feeling the pressure.  It is a lot like when my cell phone "free" upgrade time is approaching.  I can not sit still waiting to upgrade to the newest (and yet basically the same) gadget.  Sound familiar?
2015-4-9
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

There's not much to control on the camera - panning is by YAWing the craft and tilt is by the gimbal wheel which lies under your index / middle fingers. Just like everything, &aposerfect Practice make for Practical Perfections'
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules