Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans157593a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to say Hello,

I've had a P3A in the past but sold it because I wasn't flying it very often and wanted to put it up before it lost more value after P4 variants and Mavic came out.

Well I was out of the scene for a little, and finally got a good oppurtunity to purchase the refurb Mavic Pro from newegg for 730 bucks with the 73 dollar newegg cash which will go towards a 2nd battery.

I also fly an Inspire 1 at work, so I wasn't fully out of the loop. I actually decided to get the mavic after my last flight with the Inspire 1. It's an awesome platform, but getting maybe 15 minutes of flight time, and no active track, it made it very hard to get the shots I wanted. Not to mention we have a GIANT case for it, and is not easy to move around...

Well... Looking forward to flying the Mavic!
2017-10-29
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So far I am having fun with mine.  I have about 50 hours on each of three batteries.  Mostly just flying to build up my flight skills.  However it is also really a good video platform and I took it Arizona and Myrtle Beach.  I use a Lowe Pro DSLR bag - Nova 2 AW, as all the flymore fits in it more comfortably than the DJI bag and it is only a fraction bigger. I am an Android user, and everything has been real stable for a long time.  I do turn the Display mode to basic and the Display resolution to 1080, just to reduce processor demands on my Samsung S7 phone (reduces power consumption).   
2017-10-29
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

Congratulations, and you will definately enjoy the compact portable nature of the mavic and its good flight time.  I love my mavic but recently purchased an Inspire 2 too.  I hiked 2 miles into an area yesterday with about 1600 feet of elevation climb with the Inspire 2 in a lowepro backpack--the pack weighed in at 20 pounds loaded (not to bad) but the mavic sure would have been lighter--except I had 23mph winds where I hiked into (Portage Glacier)--hence the reason I got the Inspire.
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats!
Looking forward to seeing some footage
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 12:59
Congratulations, and you will definately enjoy the compact portable nature of the mavic and its good flight time.  I love my mavic but recently purchased an Inspire 2 too.  I hiked 2 miles into an area yesterday with about 1600 feet of elevation climb with the Inspire 2 in a lowepro backpack--the pack weighed in at 20 pounds loaded (not to bad) but the mavic sure would have been lighter--except I had 23mph winds where I hiked into (Portage Glacier)--hence the reason I got the Inspire.

Wow, that must have been a climb.
Did you get what you want there ?
2017-10-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and welcome.
2017-10-29
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 13:05
Wow, that must have been a climb.
Did you get what you want there ?

Yes.
2017-10-29
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats, you're gonna have a blast with the MP !
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Congrats! Hope you can receive your drone soon and share some beautiful works with us.
2017-10-29
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Looks like your having fun!  Keep it up!
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 14:16
Yes.
https://vimeo.com/240330944

Wow, amazing landscape!
Was it worth the extra weight? (comparing to MP?)
2017-10-29
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

I would not have launched the mavic in those wind conditions--that was the main reason for getting an Inspire 2--but, I do love the portability of the Mavic--I throw it in my bicycle camelback when I go out riding--not sure I would cycle with the inspire in its pack.  Also, a few times I slipped on the hike (snow and ice) and it occurred to me if I fell backwards, I would crush the Inspire.  The mavic case keeps it protected if I fall.  

I took the mavic on a ride along the coast (Indian to Girdwood) and it was great until I got it over the inlet and the winds picked up--

I also found the follow me mode had a hard time keeping up with us on that ride.

Hike it out in Girdwood on the Winner creek trail--very tight conditions, so the small compact nature of the mavic was a definite advantage

I really should have used one of the quick shot programs for that shot of the snowcat bridge.
2017-10-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Orind Posted at 2017-10-29 14:16
Yes.
https://vimeo.com/240330944

That footage makes it worth it! Thanks for sharing.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules