I don't want to be patronized. Restrictions by DJI FW.
2340 52 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2017-10-31 12:27
Which is daft, as what about those who want to fly drones where they have no or poor internet access?

I have flown my drone outside without internet access, because I want to suppress any influence from there. My phone (exclusive for the Mavic) even has no SIM card. Internet access is only allowed inside my house.
2017-10-31
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-10-31 12:46
Agreed.  If they do not listen to their customers and make their drones too restrictive, people will stop buying their product.  Until their is a good alternative to DJI, we are stuck with their product.  Be thankful that DJI's product is for the most part, the best in the market.  As soon as a better product is out, with less restrictive software, I'm all in.  I believe DJI has the right strategy with some restrictions in order to demo to the regulatory authorities world-wide that they have solutions to issues wrt safety.  However, they have gone TOO FAR in imposing certain things; akin to taking the position of 'policing the use' of their product.  This is not acceptable.

>>>Be thankful that DJI's product is for the most part, the best in the market.<<<
That's why I bought the Mavic. However, I did not deal with the small print.
2017-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 12:40
>>if that's extent of your problems it's not very much.

You must be signed into the app to fly without restrictions, nobody is restricting you only yourself by not signing in.
2017-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 13:00
I have flown my drone outside without internet access, because I want to suppress any influence from there. My phone (exclusive for the Mavic) even has no SIM card. Internet access is only allowed inside my house.

Most people fly without internet access you don’t need WiFi to fly.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-10-31 11:39
On my last flights I could not fly over a height of 30m and the beginner mode was off. I had also no local maps. Before I was up to 100m.

The latest DJI GO requires you to login your DJI Account and keep the status. So that you can still fly the drone when there is no internet. As for the map issue, I'm not sure whether you referred the Here Map server, but we will fix it soon. Per the previous post, it seems that Thor has suggested to send it in, please tell us your case number, we'd like to check the current status.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Which is daft, as what about those who want to fly drones where they have no or poor internet access?

Mike, please login your DJI Account when you can access the internet. Keep the status and do not log out manually, then you can fly even when there is no internet. No worries.
2017-11-1
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Whine, whine , whine.  

Companies who want to do business internationally must abide by the local regulations.  Why do you want to blame DJI for not assisting you in breaking local laws.  If you think the local regs are too restrictive, you should direct your complaints in those directions.  I submit the reason why local regs are so restrictive is because a few of you are  so stupid you ignore flight safety guidelines and endanger lives (other than your  own).  Keep it up and expect stronger regs.

2017-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

They can fly happy as pigs in sh#t . YOU DONT NEED INTERNET TO FLY......
2017-11-1
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-1 11:10
Whine, whine , whine.  

Companies who want to do business internationally must abide by the local regulations.  Why do you want to blame DJI for not assisting you in breaking local laws.  If you think the local regs are too restrictive, you should direct your complaints in those directions.  I submit the reason why local regs are so restrictive is because a few of you are  so stupid you ignore flight safety guidelines and endanger lives (other than your  own).  Keep it up and expect stronger regs.

I've rarely read such crap.
The states prescribe the characteristics of the product by law and the companies have to act accordingly before they put a product on the market there. The general product specifications apply until this has been regulated. The other option would be to stop import immediately.
2017-11-1
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-31 13:51
Most people fly without internet access you don’t need WiFi to fly.

Excuse me, may be you misunderstood me. I fly outside only via remote control and upgrades are only done at home (Home WIFI access).
2017-11-1
Use props
GeorgMarvic
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-1 01:23
The latest DJI GO requires you to login your DJI Account and keep the status. So that you can still fly the drone when there is no internet. As for the map issue, I'm not sure whether you referred the Here Map server, but we will fix it soon. Per the previous post, it seems that Thor has suggested to send it in, please tell us your case number, we'd like to check the current status.

Thank you for your reply.
I gave my Mavic back to the dealer today. It should be repaired.
2017-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GeorgMarvic Posted at 2017-11-1 12:15
Excuse me, may be you misunderstood me. I fly outside only via remote control and upgrades are only done at home (Home WIFI access).

You are making no sense here. And your argument will fall on deaf ears unless you explain what the problem is instead of just waffling on .

# you purchased a drone from dji, that drone is as advertised, nothing hidden

# if you didn’t read paraphernalia and research properly, that’s your bad

# there are no restrictions on your drone

# any restrictions on your flying are imposed by your government or regulatory bodies in your country

# if you choose to break any of these rules that’s your choice and your responsibility.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed because people can't behave themselves.
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules