Phantom 4 Pro "poor video green screen glitch" FIXED!!
11350 22 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb78cacfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93809 ft
Canada

This is for anyone that has had poor video transmission problems on their Phantom 4 Pro without the (plus) built in display. After updating the firmware a couple of months ago my iPhone 6 display began to go glitchy, pixelated, green and seemed to have messed everything up. The drone would still fly but I was doing so 'blind'. Scary. I have the DJI goggles and they were not affected, however I did not want to fly FPV with the goggles all the time. In fact I wanted my drone the way it was before. I tried everything, from rolling back the firmware on the drone and the R/C controller both with the DJI assistant and without with no LUCK! This glitchy problem also happened when I had the original stock antennae connected. I had upgrade to the ITElite DBS Extender Shockwave Duo and it works fantastic. Anyway I HAVE DISCOVERED A FIX!! (yes shouting with excitement) I was reading on the DJI website a list of devices that are compatible with the P4P both Android and Apple. I had the Apple Macbook Pro and the Apple iPhone 6. All firmware updated on the DJI Go 4 app and the drone and the R/C. So what was the problem??...Just today I upgraded my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. It has the A7 chip. Plugged in the iPhone7, to the Remote control, connected the P4P and BINGO! no glitchiness!... Took it for a flight around the block. Perfect...absolutely perfect. Full signal on 2.4 GHz, full bars, no loss on video while recording, no loss of transmission or any other error messages. NONE. The flight distance was over 1 kilometer (one way not total flight distance) RTH worked. I hope this post helps alot of frustrated Phantom 4 Pro owners.

2017-10-29
Use props
gixxer_rydder
lvl.1
United States

So your advice is to get a new phone ?
2017-10-29
Use props
fansb78cacfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93809 ft
Canada

gixxer_rydder Posted at 2017-10-29 15:35
So your advice is to get a new phone ?

Buying another phone or mobile device which is better compatible.  The DJI website lists all the compatible devices however I noticed that the DJI Go 4 App is optimized for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.  Buying a new iPhone worked for me.  
2017-10-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - same issue with the iPad Mini 2. With GO4 v4.1.x you need an Apple CPU of at least the A8X now to handle the video decoding demands. Anything less and the CPU heats up and the video display drops out at points of heavy demand.

Litchi doesn't demand this level of processor grunt incidentally, which may be cheaper than upgrading your phone or tablet... I have both apps, and use them for different purposes.
2017-10-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Which IOS firmware is on the Iphone 7?
2017-10-29
Use props
ErocC73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536181 ft
United States

I thought I was the only one having the problem. While using my iPhone 7+ I had no issues with the video transmission but I did get the glitchy/green screen on iPad mini2
2017-10-30
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

IPAD MINI 2 FIX...

Hi Mini2 owners.... Turn off your video caching to the iPad and you will never, ever see another video transmission problem.  Litchi works better by default than DJIGo, because Litchi had video caching turned off.... DJI GO had caching turned on.

As soon as you turn off video caching on your iPad (Via DJIGO) your video transmission problems will vanish.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thanks for sharing this with us, mine is an iPhone 7 +, it has no issues with my Mavic.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ErocC73 Posted at 2017-10-30 03:39
I thought I was the only one having the problem. While using my iPhone 7+ I had no issues with the video transmission but I did get the glitchy/green screen on iPad mini2

What is your APP version? Have you tried to reinstall it?
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Nc7ClRx3Qikx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95597 ft
Spain

Anyone remembers about this? i have same problem with my iphone... i just bought ph4 and i can't see fine image in the phone I hope DJI solve that, anyone know if they are working on it?
2018-2-27
Use props
gloch
lvl.2
United States

I was having the same problems with my iPhone 6. I tested an iPhone 7 and it was buttery smooth. So, I just picked up a used iPad Air2 and it works great. I just have to fix the reflection problem with a hood.
2018-2-28
Use props
UzumAkI ITachi
lvl.1

Malaysia

Ipad air and ipad mini 2 is the most compatible with dji drone (get this results from colleagues who try everything from android to iphone devices)
2018-3-1
Use props
Mcavallu
New
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-10-30 08:25
IPAD MINI 2 FIX...

Hi Mini2 owners.... Turn off your video caching to the iPad and you will never, ever see another video transmission problem.  Litchi works better by default than DJIGo, because Litchi had video caching turned off.... DJI GO had caching turned on.

if you can assist me further with this, where am I turning off this cache? Is it a setting on the actual iphone or within the DJI app?
2018-7-28
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

fansb78cacfd Posted at 2017-10-29 18:50
Buying another phone or mobile device which is better compatible.  The DJI website lists all the compatible devices however I noticed that the DJI Go 4 App is optimized for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.  Buying a new iPhone worked for me.

It's a matter of CPU power. Older devices lack the processing power to navigate the AC AND stream the video at the same time. I discovered this when I used a 4 year old tablet and couldn't get a video feed that was usable. Upgraded to a new phone and it worked great. Even the CPU in Crystal Sky isn't powerful enough to run this Go 4 all that well. Turning on Intelligent Flight Mode turns the video to blocks and freezes.
2018-7-28
Use props
Arwon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-7-28 11:24
It's a matter of CPU power. Older devices lack the processing power to navigate the AC AND stream the video at the same time. I discovered this when I used a 4 year old tablet and couldn't get a video feed that was usable. Upgraded to a new phone and it worked great. Even the CPU in Crystal Sky isn't powerful enough to run this Go 4 all that well. Turning on Intelligent Flight Mode turns the video to blocks and freezes.

I’m using an iPad mini 4, if I turn off all apps and mobile data in the settings then everything appears more stable for me.
2018-7-28
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Arwon Posted at 2018-7-28 14:02
I’m using an iPad mini 4, if I turn off all apps and mobile data in the settings then everything appears more stable for me.

By turning off background apps, you make more CPU resources available to Go 4 app.
2018-7-28
Use props
user4d1a594bf6
New

United States

I brought phantom 4 pro and app on my phone Google pixel. My live feed is blank and Grees screen. I still don't know what the hell issue with?. I have calibrated the drone and installed all latest firmwares. But still I can't fly drone 300-500 feet's away. Can anybody guide me in case if you face this.
2018-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

user4d1a594bf6 Posted at 2018-8-4 15:37
I brought phantom 4 pro and app on my phone Google pixel. My live feed is blank and Grees screen. I still don't know what the hell issue with?. I have calibrated the drone and installed all latest firmwares. But still I can't fly drone 300-500 feet's away. Can anybody guide me in case if you face this.

It is all laid out by the author of this thread. Your phone is not up to the job. You might think a Google Pixel is tops, but the reality is, it is not compatible with the very demanding Go App.
2018-8-4
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I use an iPhone 6S Plus or my iPad Mini 4 and have never had any issues with my P4P V2.0 using either device.
2018-8-4
Use props
The Old Dude
New
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-10-30 08:25
IPAD MINI 2 FIX...

Hi Mini2 owners.... Turn off your video caching to the iPad and you will never, ever see another video transmission problem.  Litchi works better by default than DJIGo, because Litchi had video caching turned off.... DJI GO had caching turned on.

Hello Mabou2.  I turned the video caching in the DJI Go 4 app on the iPad Mini 2.  I then proceeded to do a test flight.  I still have the green screen glitch.  I will keep researching this, but I'm getting a bit frustrated.  All software and firmware is up to date.  My bride has an iPhone 7+.  I'll give that a try later.  Thanks for your help.
2018-8-27
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Old Dude Posted at 2018-8-27 16:35
Hello Mabou2.  I turned the video caching in the DJI Go 4 app on the iPad Mini 2.  I then proceeded to do a test flight.  I still have the green screen glitch.  I will keep researching this, but I'm getting a bit frustrated.  All software and firmware is up to date.  My bride has an iPhone 7+.  I'll give that a try later.  Thanks for your help.

Hi Old Dude,
Another Old Dude here (not in name, just reality).

I now have to rescind my claim that turning off caching fixes the problem.  It ABSOLUTELY fixed the problem months ago, but with a latest DJI software/firmware update, my iPad Mini 2 is absolutely useless.  I usually start seeing communication problems before I even get the bird off the ground.

DJI needs to EOL the iPad Mini 2.  It is just too old and too slow (much like myself).

My iPhone 7Plus works flawlessly.

Apple is having an event in mid September (I believe) and this is historically when they release new iPads.  I was going to buy the iPad 4 mini, but have decided to wait to see what Apple has up its sleeve.  Of course, if they release something revolutionary (instead of evolutionary) then it might take DJI a while to support it.

Anyway, hang in there,
Matt
2018-8-28
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's amazing you spend $1200-1400 on a bird and then you find you have to spend another $400-600 ,if not more, to up grade your phone (table). It makes it hard to have a hobby when your living on a modest pension

2018-8-28
Use props
fans30ba0a80
lvl.1

Canada

I have been having a lot of issues with both my P4Pro and P4A, lots of trips to the drone hospital, IMU, Compass, and GPS have been all running crazy, I returned the drone to 'Factory" firmware, and still was having issues, I tried changing the cable to my iPad, and that seems to have fixed the problem.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules