Does anyone try this charger for batteries?
1877 12 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

http://www.amazon.com/Parallel-M ... ing+Board+Plate+Pad

I wonder if this will impact the life of battery?

Thank you.
2015-4-9
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

The regular original power supply  is marginally too small for a single battery.... nonetheless 3! You can buy it, try it and keep an eye on temperature of power supply... and then let us know>>
I had the idea of using this strip and getting a better power supply.
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Howie, that is a fantastic find, (I hope Dundee sees this for his builds).

Too bad it doesn't have four sets of supply spades, but I have immediate interest anyways.
(availability in the US is May, must be coming on a boat from china?)

genettico, you can hook up a 600w power supply so when each charger on the battery pack asks for 180w, the supply can deliver what is asked of it. According to the manual )page 60) the 3 chargers will ask the power supply for a total of 540w (so that 60w headroom is nice as to not strain the power supply).
Also, the 3 chargers will not ask for 540w continuously, so nothing should get HOT -

again Howie, great find, if you see anything else similar, please add it to this thread -

Bob
2015-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 00:52
Howie, that is a fantastic find, (I hope Dundee sees this for his builds).

Too bad it doesn't have  ...

Bob, are you thinking what I am thinking

Wonder if the circuit board can take charging all three with a good power supply?
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-10 11:33
Bob, are you thinking what I am thinking

Wonder if the circuit board can take charging all three with a good power supply? ...

I'm not sure what you're talking about? please explain, what circuit board?

Bob
2015-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 11:50
I'm not sure what you're talking about? please explain, what circuit board?

Bob

This would be a great addition to the multi charger idea with larger power supply.  I cannot tell, it seems that the spade connectors (for the battery) are soldered onto the circuit board directly. That would mean the conductor strips on the bottom of the board would handle the current. If this was designed for a single (wimpy DJI power supply) then maybe it would not handle the 700-1000 watt unit?

What do you think
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-10 12:13
This would be a great addition to the multi charger idea with larger power supply.  I cannot tell, ...

You're breaking my heart Rich.
I really thought you "got it".

There will never be more that 180w at any pair of terminals.

I'm gonna discuss this on my BLOG
2015-4-10
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 22:14

Morning Bob,

I wasn't sure whether to ask you a question on here or on your blog (I like it btw) so I might just double up.  I apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered somewhere in this gongshow of a forum...
Anyways, here we go!
1: Is Howie's find a "good" find?  Is it just plug and play?  I think it would be great to charge 3 batteries at a time...  
2: I have some offsite projects where I will need to charge in the field.  Currently, I only have 3 batteries, i know I will need more but need some $ first.  So, what would I need to charge in the field?  I have looked at converters for my truck (Eliminator 200W) but I don't believe that will cut it.  You might even find it insulting that I even considered it as my electronic knowledge is less than desirable.

That's all for now.  I do appreciate your help and participation in this forum.

Cheers,

Peter

2015-4-10
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Sky High Aerial Posted at 2015-4-11 01:16
Morning Bob,

I wasn't sure whether to ask you a question on here or on your blog (I like it btw)  ...

BLOG
2015-4-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 22:14

Hey Man,

I am going to buy one of three battery connection strips!  Waiting to see what is the best power supply and get some more money together. Followed your blog.... perfect
2015-4-10
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

All that I can say is that I tried one of these charging "sticks" on my phantom batteries and it was crap. It made one battery a brick, one only charges to 80-90% and the other one seems to be ok.
2015-4-10
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-11 09:41
All that I can say is that I tried one of these charging "sticks" on my phantom batteries and it was ...

Interesting ....
2015-4-10
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-11 09:41
All that I can say is that I tried one of these charging "sticks" on my phantom batteries and it was ...

I would be happy to discuss it with you HERE
2015-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules