It happened again
1042 5 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

A glider was stuck by consumer drone. Lucky that no one die but the wing tip was damaged.
2017-10-30
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

News from here
2017-10-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Sorry, but this is a more than weak story. They are not able to tell where exactly the incident happened and at which altitude the glider pilot was flying. And seeing the alleged damage caused by the drone, it can by no way have been a Spark, but must have been a much bigger one.
2017-10-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Could have been a seagull.  A article shows the radar track with the glider doing 80 knots at 150ft over the dunes.  It looks like they do repeated passes at low altitude to gain energy from winds blowing up over the dunes.  Fly higher if you can't see and avoid obsticles that low.  Or is the assumption that the drone (or bird) chased down the glider to hit it?  Poor RC drone hovering innocently struck by barnstorming aircraft racing in at low level should be the article title.
2017-10-30
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Looking at the image of the wing.  It looks more like a stress fracture than being caused by drone.  If you look at the image, you don't see an impact area; just a crack along the bend in the tip.  No scratches, no chunks missing, just a crack.

I'm not an aircraft engineer, but this looks a little fishy to me.  my 2cents
2017-10-30
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

If it was a drone it must have been a big one, and if that was the case then this news is bad for us...
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules