Osmo detected as Inspire in DJI GO, unable to record
1949 9 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Afrothunder
lvl.1

United States

I'm having some serious issues with my Osmo, it started out as only getting  a black screen when I connected the DJI GO app so when I got back to my hotel aI retried it and kept getting the black screen. I attempted to reset the gimbal through the app but that did not appear to make any difference.

I then put the firmware BIN on a microSD card, but again nothing happened, didn't get the flashing LED's.

Through all of this the gimbal operates fine, I can control movement etc.

Now, however, the DJI GO app detects the Osmo as an Inspire 1 whenever it's connected, no video feed, won't record etc.

When it powers on, both the LED's are constantly lit green, it will go to sleep etc but it's effectively unusable.

I've cleared data for the DJI GO app, reinstalled it on my Android phone. Installed it fresh on an Android tablet, nothing makes any difference. I've tried putting older firmware BIN's on different, formatted SD cards but no dice. The OSMO will not create any of the folders on a freshly formatted SC card.

Is there some other method I can force a reset by?

I'm on holiday and would really like to be able to use my Osmo!

Thanks.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on this and here are some suggstions for you.
1. Please make sure you download the right firmware.
2. If the updated fails to begin, please try the following steps: before power on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button at the same time, then press Power switch for about 5 seconds until the indicator blinks red and green alternatively.
3. If you have also installed DJI Go 4, please close it completely in case it is still running in the background.
Please keep us posted if the problem persists.

2017-10-30
Use props
Afrothunder
lvl.1

United States

I have tried a few different firmwares, loading them onto the SD card and powering it on doesn't do anything, it goes straight into operation where I can't use it.

Holding the trigger and record button makes the power indicator flash red and green alternatively but nothing further ever seems to happen, I've left it in this state for as long as 40 minutes and it never creates a text file to say whether the operation was a success or not.

I've never installed DJI Go 4 on either of the devices that I've tried.

Thanks.

2017-10-31
Use props
Afrothunder
lvl.1

United States

Looking at the Log file in the Misc hidden folder gives the following error:

" [00006683]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(5) ============
[00006721]Packet [C:\OSMO_FW_V01.08.02.40.bin] detected, card sn [0xa47a2b59].
[00006754]Packet upgrade start...

[00006801]Packet checking...
[00006839]Packet vlink 01.08.0240 <-> 01.06.0210.
[00006878]Record vlink 01.11.0270 <-> 01.10.0260 (flow = 6).
[00006913]Packet upgrade failed at packet checking.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Afrothunder Posted at 2017-10-31 12:16
Looking at the Log file in the Misc hidden folder gives the following error:

" [00006683]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(5) ============

When you turn on your OSMO, did the camera start self-checking? Can you shoot a video for further check?
2017-11-1
Use props
Afrothunder
lvl.1

United States

Please see the video bere:
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Afrothunder Posted at 2017-11-1 15:11
Please see the video bere: https://youtu.be/Vqp7qgXlmIc

The gimbal failed to self-check when power on, per the log, the packet checking didn't finish, not even began to update. Thus, it kept blinking red and green alternatively.
We recommend to send in for diagnosis and repair, please fill in online repair form to start a ticket and send in, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-11-1
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft

Afrothunder Posted at 2017-10-31 06:47
I have tried a few different firmwares, loading them onto the SD card and powering it on doesn't do anything, it goes straight into operation where I can't use it.

Holding the trigger and record button makes the power indicator flash red and green alternatively but nothing further ever seems to happen, I've left it in this state for as long as 40 minutes and it never creates a text file to say whether the operation was a success or not.

Exact identical issue
.. any update ?
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hmladner Posted at 2018-5-17 13:28
Exact identical issue
.. any update ?

Can you please try my suggestions in 2# to see if the issue persists?
2018-5-18
Use props
Alkaf714
New
Saudi Arabia

Same issue
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules