Is it normal?
2017-10-30
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

to me this looks like screen, or transmission lag....I don't think it's anything with the gimbal itself. If you are seeing the same thing on recorded footage then please post that here, along with your camera/recording settings.
Could also be related to your having the camera in photo mode with Auto ISO...Again...I think this is just the transmitted display not the actual gimbal stuttering. Try recording some video in 29.97 or 59.94.
2017-10-30
Use props
Vjelovic
lvl.2
Croatia

I try with also with video. I saw some flaws in video with 4k resolution, especially when yaw rotating gimball.

Format was h.265 4k, converted into apple 422 format.

All of work is done on Mac pro.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that we cannot see any problem in the video you posted. Footage in SD card would be more useful for us to analyze and FHD resolution is OK.
2017-10-30
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vjelovic Posted at 2017-10-30 23:00
I try with also with video. I saw some flaws in video with 4k resolution, especially when yaw rotating gimball.

Format was h.265 4k, converted into apple 422 format.

again. It would be helpful if you can post the footage  -- on vimeo or via a dropbox link, so we can see what's happening. Please understand that there have been many posts like this in a variety of video forums that 99% of the time turn out to be processor/playback related stuttering, and have nothing to do with the actual footage (or in this case the gimbal). You could also post footage of the gimbal itself as it pans...if what you're seeing is the gimbal, it should be quite obvious that it is not turning smoothly. FWIW -- I have a mac pro that won't play back DJI footage smoothly, and a macbook pro that has no problem with it, so that isn't necessarily telling us anything.
2017-10-31
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Be very careful that your recording frame rate speed is the same as your playback on your device. or later while editing too.  A mismatch will leads to all sorts of stuttering issues, especially on yawing which has to be done very slowly (8 sec. plus on side-to-side scan/yaw.) or avoid yawing at all.

I was having jerky and jumpy issues in Resolve 14 where my recording framerate was 29.97 fps in the P4, and my editing in Resolve was 24 fps (I think 24 and 30 fps is their defaults shown, but 29.97 was buried deeper.).  Not until I went into Resolve and set the time liine frame rate to 29.97 fps as off the drone did it clean up and stop the jerkiness.  I don't know what the playback fps is in my iPad but i don't use it for final say either, that lies in the editing computer and in Resolve off the micro-SD card.
2017-10-31
Use props
Vjelovic
lvl.2
Croatia

First video, 30 fps, 1/60

Second video, 60fps, 1/120

Is it normal??
2017-11-17
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Look absolutely normal. Perfectly smooth.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vjelovic Posted at 2017-11-17 07:29
First video, 30 fps, 1/60

https://youtu.be/skI_E_z-kwc

Though the video you provided is still not the original version, they looks great.
If you take high resolution video, your computer must be fast enough for playing.
For play program, we suggest KMPlayer.
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules