Tablet quality with Inspire App
673 2 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

Up til today I had only used the app with my ipad Mini retina.  I'd figured that was a modern enough tablet that there wouldn't be any issues and that the on screen tearing I often saw while using the remote video feed was radio interference.

Then I set up the secondary controller using my iphone 6 plus (because it's what I had).  Difference was night and day.  Smooth, lag free.. And I know that the slave remote is sending and receiving through the master remote, so that confirms to me that all of the display issues on my iPad mini are due to the iPad mini, or at least it's interaction with the software and not any camera or RF issues.

That said, who's used what as displays, and what results have you gotten?  I don't really want to try to use my iphone as my main display (its too small), but now that I've seen the difference, I don't really want to go back to my iPad mini, either.

Thanks in advance, hail hydra, and don't hate me because I don't care about the Phantom 3 announcement.. ;)

2015-4-9
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

I have an air 2, mini 2, iphone 6 and samsung galaxy tab 4 8" and they all work without any problems. I did find that I had to use a custom channel setting. When I used automatic settings there was significant lag on all the devices. Hope this helps.
2015-4-9
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

Weird.  With my mini there is a definite display lag.  It'll be fine for a few seconds and then there will be a big lapse where the screen tears and smears, then it'll pop to normal..  I always assumed it was an issue with the signal, but definitely not.
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules