Need to replace my camera on P2 V3+
904 2 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madame Concorde
lvl.2

United States

I need to replace my camera on my Phantom 2 V3+ but at $679do you think the cost will come down now the P3 is announced? I mean, I canspend $320 more and get a whole new P3 setup. DJI is no longer selling the camerapart on their site at least it was not there yesterday.  Even a replacement camera for an Inspire 1 cost less, andit’s 4k.

{:3_56:}

MC
2015-4-9
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

If it was me spending your money, I would buy the Phantom 3 and use your old Phantom as a trainer/flying toy. Without the camera attached you could learn to fly in manual mode or just fly it to have fun.  Why spend that money to repair  when you can upgrade.

The other option is if you have a GoPro laying around you can buy H3-3D gimbal and a QuickReleased for about the same price of a new OEM P2V+ camera and have a better camera system than you originally had. Your Phantom will weigh more with this option but it can handle it. You can also remove the camera anytime you want and just fly the Phantom line of sight for fun. It it does get out of view RTH still works.
2015-4-9
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

You can find them on ebay for a lot less.
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules