New Spark Firmware Released (31/10/2017)
39868 228 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-1 08:08
Strange, I got my drone few weeks ago and downloaded that time from the Play store the android version 4.1.14.

Amazing then that it apparently has been out much longer than anyone in this forum had noted. First report came in only yesterday.
2017-11-1
Use props
APWdesign
lvl.1
United Kingdom

N8m888 Posted at 2017-11-1 05:53
Looks like your app is on v4.1.9 which is not the latest version, this may help.

Kudos N8m888!

You were right, the latest version on Play Store (Android) was out of date.  I managed to download and install the latest APK from the apkmirror and all is good now.  Waiting for daylight so I can test the Sphere Pano!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
2017-11-1
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

So, i assumed video latency would be addressed? Silly me. Or am i reading the release notes wrongly?
2017-11-1
Use props
N8m888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

APWdesign Posted at 2017-11-1 09:14
Kudos N8m888!

You were right, the latest version on Play Store (Android) was out of date.  I managed to download and install the latest APK from the apkmirror and all is good now.  Waiting for daylight so I can test the Sphere Pano!

Glad you got sorted.
I have just tried the sphere mode today and it is quite impressive.
2017-11-1
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Still no RAW support? Nothing to see here... move along ;)
2017-11-1
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

if you have the issue where there is no spherical pano, reinstall the app. I just had to do this and it's now showing up.

iPhone 6 plus
2017-11-1
Use props
BerkoZg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

Updated. First attempt fail at 84%. Restarted DJIgo, RC and spark, then updated succesfuly. Phone is Sony Z3 Compact android. Didnt get any message about battery update tho. One fly after update around 3 km traveled distance, no problems found. Hope one of next updates will be raw image quality.
2017-11-1
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Don't you just love all the different flashing lights and sounds that the Spark makes while updating?  Would be really cool if the Spark had a "light show" mode that you could run while Spark hovered during gestures.
2017-11-1
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Don't you just love all the flashing lights and sounds that Spark makes while updating?  Sure would be cool if the Spark had a "light show" that could be run in the gesture mode.
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_5t9rOJ1
New

Maldives

Hi i have a big problem. I'm in honeymoon in Maldive and when i start to download the new firmware from the Dji app, It stop the download After few percent and i have a message failed connection. In the hotel the connection isn't very fast but work. How i can download the firmware??? Without it i can't fly. I can download the firmware by browser?? Thanks
2017-11-1
Use props
fans3f16d419
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25758 ft
Norway

You can use dji assistant. A usb  from your drone to your computer should take care of the problem
2017-11-1
Use props
StudentPaul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51617 ft
Singapore

jangermann Posted at 2017-10-31 06:04
Hi DJI. Where do we get: DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.14??

I have the same question. I've looked everywhere for the 4.1.14 version and cannot find it. I have uninstalled my 4.1.10 version, downloaded from Google Play Store, and reinstalled, but still end up with 4.1.10.
Someone from DJI - Please help!
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

Hello from perth, WA - Concerning video lag - I went out today to run a few tests.  

I get very  bad video lag on my google nexus 6, it is unusable without OTG, on my google pixel xl there is no noticeable video lag.

Any other google pixel xl users out there that can confirm? Also, pixel folks - how is the app stability for you, I get frequent crashes.
2017-11-1
Use props
STBi01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33573 ft
Sweden

My update is stuck at transmitting 0% in DJI Assistant 2 tried with different batteries, restarted DJI Assistant..

Any ideas?
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_5t9rOJ1
New

Maldives

fans3f16d419 Posted at 2017-11-1 20:54
You can use dji assistant. A usb  from your drone to your computer should take care of the problem

I don't have amy notebook with me! Just my phone
2017-11-2
Use props
Meister_Panse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12628 ft
Germany

Just installed 4.1.14 on my S8 and updated with DJI Assistant to the latest firmware. In the App under the "About" section there is a new point named "Camera" with an own firmware number. Thats pretty cool and I hope that there is a slight chance for 4k or RAW in the future :-)
Or is this no news and I missed it in the past? :-D
2017-11-2
Use props
Spark_G8PY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78599 ft
United Kingdom

Updated my Spark last night, no issues went through smoothly, I inserted the 2nd battery and loaded Go 4 App again, but no reference to the battery f/w being mismatched.

Before updating the firmware I did upgrade the Android App to 10.1.14 from the leaked APK, all new features appeared available in the app.

2017-11-2
Use props
APWdesign
lvl.1
United Kingdom

StudentPaul Posted at 2017-11-1 22:28
I have the same question. I've looked everywhere for the 4.1.14 version and cannot find it. I have uninstalled my 4.1.10 version, downloaded from Google Play Store, and reinstalled, but still end up with 4.1.10.
Someone from DJI - Please help!

Try this mirror  - Worked for me.

2017-11-2
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
Argentina

Ok, so i did the update....... All went fine. Stupidly forgot to do my other 3 batteries..... When i realised was about 2 hours later that evening after watching Kloo Gee's youtube video about the update. SO turned the spark back on and put in all my other batteries expecting them all to update. They didn't and there was no way to initiate! WIll this pose a problem??? How can i sort it??? Any help would be appreciated but i'll be relying on you lovely folk as i get the feeling DJI won't weigh in.....
2017-11-2
Use props
djiuser_1j0fKwk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54042 ft
Israel

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-31 11:07
I updated my Spark via DJI Go 4.  When I changed batteries, I got an "inconsistent firmware" message and had to run the battery update.  It did this for each of my 3 additional batteries.

@Kloo Gee, just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your VLOG keep-up the good work!
2017-11-2
Use props
djiuser_1j0fKwk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54042 ft
Israel

fans9d9d29d3 Posted at 2017-11-1 04:58
I find it weird that it DJI GO 4 updates does not appear in apps that need updating (IOS)

To update to the latest DJI GO 4 app (V4.1.15) you need to offload (uninstall) your present DJI GO 4 app. For IOS 11, go to settings, genetral, iphone storage , then offload the DJI GO 4 app (your data will not be erased). Reinstall (it will now install V4.1.15)

Yes, me too, very annoying!
2017-11-2
Use props
Spark_G8PY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

APWdesign Posted at 2017-11-2 01:49

This is the link I used too, I opted for 2027326 which worked on my S8+
2017-11-2
Use props
fans40deff10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153130 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Great! Another UPDATE!!! I can't get my bird in the air without another update requirement inhibiting me from flying!! Enough already DJI! If I can't fly then whats the point? I go somewhere to fly, turn on drone and controller, get the message I need an update, I'm no where near wifi, my perfect lighting and scenery is gone...have to go back to my hotel/home/coffee shop to find wifi and update again. 2 days later...repeat! WTF?
2017-11-2
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-11-1 17:28
Don't you just love all the flashing lights and sounds that Spark makes while updating?  Sure would be cool if the Spark had a "light show" that could be run in the gesture mode.

They could call it Disco mode?
2017-11-2
Use props
fans98f8e631
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1038458 ft
Mexico

I noticed that my top speed increased from 42 km/h to 55 km/h : )

PD. Hello to all in the forum, just popping my cherry.
2017-11-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-31 13:58
Firmware update does not work with OTG connection, only via WiFi or best with DJI Assistant.

Yep I know, that's why I said when I reverted to WiFi it worked fine. I'm thinking that this chap might be doing the same as I first did. The DJI Assistant doesn't work for me anyway, the software can't see the Spark when connected to PC.
2017-11-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-11-1 17:28

I definitely love it! :-)
2017-11-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

This is what 0600 firmware and 0701 firmware different......

Spark Firmware 0600 range.jpg

Spark Firmware 0701 range.jpg
2017-11-2
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Spark_G8PY Posted at 2017-11-2 01:42
Updated my Spark last night, no issues went through smoothly, I inserted the 2nd battery and loaded Go 4 App again, but no reference to the battery f/w being mismatched.

Before updating the firmware I did upgrade the Android App to 10.1.14 from the leaked APK, all new features appeared available in the app.

I noticed the same thing - no warning about mismatching battery firmware.

To be safe, I changed the battery and "Refreshed" the firmware. It took a significantly shorter time to "refresh" and the Spark did not reboot during the process.

Either DJI changed the procedure or the battery firmware was unaltered.

2017-11-2
Use props
djiuser_oUn3550
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50187 ft
United Kingdom

SO: is it worth to UPDATE to the latest firmware????

It looks like is giving loads of problems...especially over the signal transmission.

Right?

Any good feedback from anybody?

Thank you!
2017-11-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Just updated the firmware on my spark.  When I tried to update the firmware on my 2 other batteries, it said the firmware update was up to date.  Same for the remote.

Is this an AC only update?
2017-11-2
Use props
Eduardo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Let me give you my opinion on the current DJI GO 4 with this last firmware updated.

WONDERFUL !!

Everything went fine and what impressed me most was that my drone never ever had such a good downloaded image back to my iPhone. No freezing and movements (image regarded) almost as clear as the one I have with the Mavic. A pure joy. This is what I was missing with the Spark.

I went as far as 1.5km and still had good reasonable control and image feed-back.

I do not know If I will be brave enough to update it again..... It seems that everything is working very fine.

For me it was a well job done DJI on this one.

Eduardo
2017-11-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

APWdesign Posted at 2017-11-2 01:49

Am trying to down from this site but i cant seems to be able to it take me to some funny stuff to install and i dont want to install i dont know how to get this version.
I had a problem with just getting the update to work it always stuck at 5% then it fails i restarted 10 times so far with no luck, my Android version 4.1.10 And i was reading the whole thread i was doing the update while the OTG connected and as i understand it should not be connected am charging everything now and i will try again, but i cant for the life of me download that version from the mirror link.
Any help? or i just install the FW on the current  version that i have?
2017-11-2
Use props
djiuser_926gVAR
New
United States

Can someone help me. I'm trying to do the update. Everything is connected, it starts the download and at 5% it gets stuck then the controller loses connection, regains it but never moves pass 5% before telling me update fail to reset remote, app and drone. IV done that and still keeps happening
2017-11-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-11-2 09:43
Am trying to down from this site but i cant seems to be able to it take me to some funny stuff to install and i dont want to install i dont know how to get this version.
I had a problem with just getting the update to work it always stuck at 5% then it fails i restarted 10 times so far with no luck, my Android version 4.1.10 And i was reading the whole thread i was doing the update while the OTG connected and as i understand it should not be connected am charging everything now and i will try again, but i cant for the life of me download that version from the mirror link.

Update:
am downloading the app from the mirror site, i will also try to use the assistant 2 for the FW update
2017-11-2
Use props
APWdesign
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-11-2 09:43

I'm assuming you are on Android?  And it looks like there's an even newer version today. LINK

Click on the download APK button.

When it's finished downloading, your phone should ask you if you want to install it (Make sure you 'allow installing from unknown sources' in settings) and you should be good to go!
2017-11-2
Use props
Spark_G8PY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just updated from 4.1.14 to 4.1.15 on Android, app loads OK and the version number checks out.
2017-11-2
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same here, automatically updated to .15 on my OnePlus3.
Today on .14 my AC did 2 flights ; one to check-out the new 360 pano. No problems during flight, stitching 1 error so the final picture misses 1 picture.
On the second flight had a connection error at 250 mtr on 5.8. Will check .15 tomorrow!
Cheers, Hans
2017-11-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

APWdesign Posted at 2017-11-2 10:42
I'm assuming you are on Android?  And it looks like there's an even newer version today. LINK

Click on the download APK button.

Thank you and yes i am on android and yes i managed to get the latest version its on download now and will update you guys
2017-11-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-11-2 12:02
Thank you and yes i am on android and yes i managed to get the latest version its on download now and will update you guys

So when will DJI provide Updated FW for the Crystal Sky monitors?

Both models I have will not allow a OTG connection to the Spark and of course new functionality is not available.

The Crystal Sky monitors have not had an update since the Spark was first introduced.

Very Tardy DJI.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules