New Spark Firmware Released (31/10/2017)
39837 229 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
South Africa

Just updated. All went smooth as silk! Great work :-)
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_imeg8BY
New
United States

I have greater than  5 Mbps internet thru Sprint but when I click Download Now it just comes up with a worthless pop-up that says "Connect to a Network first".   I just said I have 5 Mbps internet connection thru Sprint, but it says Connect to a Network first.  But I have a 5 Mbps internet connection.  Finally says it could use cellular data, but then it doesn't. Back to Connect to a Network First.  DJI needs to hire competent software engineers.
2017-11-6
Use props
GooseSG
lvl.2
Singapore

I'm an android user in Singapore. I updated my Spark to 01.00.0701 but my DJI GO App stays at 4.1.10, said to be the latest firmware (locally?)
Is there a way to update my DJI GO App to 4.1.14 without going through the Play Store? Anyone tried and succeeded?
2017-11-6
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

GooseSG Posted at 2017-11-6 21:41
I'm an android user in Singapore. I updated my Spark to 01.00.0701 but my DJI GO App stays at 4.1.10, said to be the latest firmware (locally?)
Is there a way to update my DJI GO App to 4.1.14 without going through the Play Store? Anyone tried and succeeded?

Download the latest android here: DJI Go 4 V4.1.15
2017-11-6
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Lian82 Posted at 2017-11-5 00:23
Hi I would like a tip / help

a friend has upgraded the drone, 99% locked himself, after 5 minutes RC disconect error came out.

I had exact same issue.   Fast green blinking lights after update stopped at 99%.   I have to take it back to repair centre, we couldn’t fix it any other way.
2017-11-7
Use props
GooseSG
lvl.2
Singapore

Downloaded from the link given and now I can see the sphere pano in the menu. I will give it a try this coming weekend.
Thanks Bro NelsonLee.
2017-11-7
Use props
Skuz69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45705 ft
France

djiuser_EcMYBEA Posted at 2017-11-6 06:22
I have DJI GO 4.1.14 on ANDROID phone and update my the spark on the firmware 01.00.0701.
I have a probleme whith the custom WIFI frequency. When I m going on custom on Wifi Settings, I can't select 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz channel.
I don't see the different channel whith the interference (blue : current Channel, Green : Stable, Red : unstable).

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118626-1-1.html
I have exactly the same problem
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_vFjFgfu
lvl.1
Singapore

New spark flyer from Singapore..  Updated both firmware n able to see sphere pano, no time to try out till Friday..  Thanks Nelson Lee for the link...
2017-11-7
Use props
Para
New
Germany

I´m really losing my trust in the Spark... I´d love to love it but...
bought it in the US and had a couple of GPS / Compass Errors and erratic behaviours - even in the middle of the dessert, just for a couple of seconds though.

Now in Europe and after the update it is in Atti mode nearly 25% of the time. Does not matter where I am. middle of the field, where nothing is around.
Today I tested the Panorama mode and it flew away full speed at picture 25/46. Only sport mode and the open field saved it.

Don´t now what to do...
2017-11-7
Use props
Johnno09
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all, got a bit of an issue I upgraded my Spark to Ver 7.01 and after a couple of goes as it halted at about 97% I can’t use the Controller it won’t bind or link, I have tried several things but it won’t work, the Spark communicates with my IPhone OK  but no controller, anyone got any clues? As this I’d very frustrating.
2017-11-7
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Convert Posted at 2017-10-31 08:54
To be fair it's Android failing android users. As I understand it developers submit the new versions to apple and they appear almost instantly, Android/Playstore get around to it when they get around to it - when there is a F in the day or something.

Its easy to support apple - There is only 1 manufacturer.
2017-11-7
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Johnno09 Posted at 2017-11-7 16:10
Hi all, got a bit of an issue I upgraded my Spark to Ver 7.01 and after a couple of goes as it halted at about 97% I can’t use the Controller it won’t bind or link, I have tried several things but it won’t work, the Spark communicates with my IPhone OK  but no controller, anyone got any clues? As this I’d very frustrating.

I had same issue.  (Stopped at 99% though).

Does your spark now constantly flash green lights very quickly ?
2017-11-7
Use props
ch4dwick
New
Flight distance : 17510 ft
Philippines

I noticed that after the update the Spark's FaceAware is not as responsive in certain lighting conditions. I'm not sure what causes it but I have living room with a high ceiling with 4 working LEDs on a chandelier. The Spark PalmLaunch used to work flawlessly here now it doesn't.

I tried testing it in the kitchen where the ceiling was lower and the palm launch works fine there.
2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_OFgeORa
New
Flight distance : 52 ft
Malaysia

I have updated the DJI GI 4 to 4.1.15 but the app stuck at the welcome screen.My phone is  xiaomi 4x.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans9134f27c
New
Flight distance : 13350 ft
United Kingdom

I can't change from 5.8 and cat see any noise in any Chanel at all?
2017-11-12
Use props
Mark Krotov
New
United States

Hi! Installed new firmware yesterday and after that my Android phone (Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML) can't read videos from Spark. There is only one app which plays them - MX Player, but gallery, androvid, adobe clip and others say "can't play video". On computer everything is ok, videos are played normally. I'm so frustrated because I used this phone to cut and compose my videos. Do you have an idea why that happened?
2017-11-13
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

So, the pano sphere is cool....... THE FACT I STILL GET THE WEAK VIDEO TRANSMISSION MESSAGE (ALTHOUGH NOW CHANGED TO SAY ADJUST YOUR ANTENNA) ON SCREEN FROM SUCH RIDICULOUSLY SHORT DISTANCES EVEN AS LOW AS 20M AWAY IS NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME
2017-11-13
Use props
fansaccd10e5
New
Flight distance : 8346 ft
Canada

chris jhun Posted at 2017-10-31 13:48
After updating my Dji go 4 app and spark firmware i started getting this pop ups, i tried 5 times today to remove and reinstall the apps but still im getting the same pop up message please help DJI

Hi Chris, Were you able to solve this? coz I have the same problem with my spark.
2017-11-13
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I"m in the middle of updating my spark again.  I bricked it, probably because i was doing it off my phone and just got it back yesterday from DJI repairs.   I would have hoped they would have updated it when they repaired it, but they didn't

Anyway, i'm now using DJI Assistant 2 with the supplied USB cable. Full battery..etc.

It's been updating for probably 30 mins now.  It seemed to progress normally, did a few beeps and startup tones.   But now is just sitting at 60%.   Has been there for feels like 20 minutes.

I'm obviously too scared to touch anything for fear of bricking it AGAIN.

Is this normal ?

2017-11-14
Use props
xiaobog
New
Flight distance : 8346 ft
Canada

fansaccd10e5 Posted at 2017-11-13 10:23
Hi Chris, Were you able to solve this? coz I have the same problem with my spark.

hey DJI, a little help with this problem pleaaaaaassssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! (Question #72)
2017-11-14
Use props
Wingrider
New
United States

Where do I get the program DJI assistance for my windows 10 laptop? Ken Cline  ken.wingrider@gmail.com
2017-11-19
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Wingrider Posted at 2017-11-19 04:54
Where do I get the program DJI assistance for my windows 10 laptop? Ken Cline

Hi Wingrider,
Try here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-11-19
Use props
Wingrider
New
United States

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-19 07:11
Hi Wingrider,
Try here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Thanks for your help, I downloaded the software and hope it will assist me in retrieving the video from my spark. Thanks again for caring
2017-11-19
Use props
Wingrider
New
United States

I plugged the usb cable into my drone and then into the laptop. I opened the assistance program. Then it said to flip a switch on the drone. I have a spark. It does not have a switch on it. I guess the program you gave me to download will not talk to a spark. Any other suggestions?
2017-11-19
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Wingrider Posted at 2017-11-19 17:43
I plugged the usb cable into my drone and then into the laptop. I opened the assistance program. Then it said to flip a switch on the drone. I have a spark. It does not have a switch on it. I guess the program you gave me to download will not talk to a spark. Any other suggestions?

DJI assistant is the official program for updating all their drones. I’m using it for my mavic and my spark on a mac and a pc with windows 10. Never got that message that you mention. It should be straightforward. But to be honest i have not used it for the last few months as i am staying on older firmware. And most of the time i updated via the go app.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

xiaobog Posted at 2017-11-14 07:15
hey DJI, a little help with this problem pleaaaaaassssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! (Question #72)

Please connect the DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware. I'll attach the tutorial video for your reference.

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wingrider Posted at 2017-11-19 17:43

Please download the DJI Assistant 2 from Spark page directly: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
And make sure the digital signature enforcement has been disabled and then refer the tutorial video in 225# for double check.
2017-11-20
Use props
Wingrider
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-20 19:00
Please download the DJI Assistant 2 from Spark page directly: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
And make sure the digital signature enforcement has been disabled and then refer the tutorial video in 225# for double check.

Thank you I will give it a try.
2017-11-21
Use props
Wingrider
New
United States

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-19 23:48
DJI assistant is the official program for updating all their drones. I’m using it for my mavic and my spark on a mac and a pc with windows 10. Never got that message that you mention. It should be straightforward. But to be honest i have not used it for the last few months as i am staying on older firmware. And most of the time i updated via the go app.

I downloaded the software and when I open it nothing but a circle in the middle with a picture in it is all I see. IF  I plug the spark into my computer while the program is on, I get nothing. So I deleted the program and tried it again. Nothing but the same. I changed cables and that did not work. I am on windows 10. Do you have any other suggestions? thanks for helping
2017-11-21
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Wingrider Posted at 2017-11-21 03:44
I downloaded the software and when I open it nothing but a circle in the middle with a picture in it is all I see. IF  I plug the spark into my computer while the program is on, I get nothing. So I deleted the program and tried it again. Nothing but the same. I changed cables and that did not work. I am on windows 10. Do you have any other suggestions? thanks for helping

I just updated my spark to latest firmware (.701) with my phone via DJI Go4. No problem. I barely use DJI assistant 2 for updates as I have a fast and reliable WiFi connection.
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules