5184 52 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220633 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had the same problem and realigning the Props on the starboard side was the solution. Here is what i did. I openend the torx screw which is below the connection of the Props arm and the arm to the inspie 2 body (also where it connects to the smaller cf tubes, it was pretty loose before i opened it. I pulled back the ring that connects the smaller tube to the arm that carries the motors. Now you can twist the whole arm to realign the props. Once the alignement is ok push the ring back forward and fasten the screw. Be careful and check if the screw is fastened tightly from time to time and if the arm has no play, because it holds the arm in its position... so it is obviously a important screw which can decide whether the i2 flys or falls ;-). By the way DJI, is the material where the torx screw gets into metal. Can i use loctite to safe the screw? If yes that woud be a great safety improvement for my I2.
2018-1-31
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Blackwood Posted at 2018-1-27 21:12
Has anything come of this since uploading your flight data?  I was at a march this morning and saw 2 mavics and one phantom (all flying illegally in controlled airspace near Barksdale Airforce Base directly over people).  Watching how stable they hovered reminded me of this thread.  It's really aggravating seeing how solid these drones are compared to the very expensive "professional" Inspire 2 that wanders around like a little kid that has to pee.

Yes a reply from DJI would be very appreciated regarding the professional Inspire 2

kind regards // Alex
2018-2-4
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Wilen Posted at 2017-11-1 01:09
Ok will do that! Thanks for a reply! My friend have the exact same problem. Starting to loose faith in the drone. Thats why I wonder if there is anyone that have a stable drone that doesent dance around.

Mine is stable
2018-2-4
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-1-31 12:24
I had the same problem and realigning the Props on the starboard side was the solution. Here is what i did. I openend the torx screw which is below the connection of the Props arm and the arm to the inspie 2 body (also where it connects to the smaller cf tubes, it was pretty loose before i opened it. I pulled back the ring that connects the smaller tube to the arm that carries the motors. Now you can twist the whole arm to realign the props. Once the alignement is ok push the ring back forward and fasten the screw. Be careful and check if the screw is fastened tightly from time to time and if the arm has no play, because it holds the arm in its position... so it is obviously a important screw which can decide whether the i2 flys or falls ;-). By the way DJI, is the material where the torx screw gets into metal. Can i use loctite to safe the screw? If yes that woud be a great safety improvement for my I2.

So what is the proper alignment for the Inspire 2?
2018-2-4
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Blackwood,

as Dji has not released a maintenance manual yet, i have no values, but this is how i did it. I put the props on the back side in landing mode and aligned them 90 degrees to the boom that holds the motors. Then i measured the distance from the surface where the i2 stood on to the tips of the propellers (has to be a perfectly flat surface). On the arm that had no play it was 18,5cm on the inner tip and 20,2cm on the outer tip. I aligned the other side of the i2 which had play in the arm to the same value and fastened it. There may for shure be other methods to align the props... in the end i think it is important that the props on both sides have the same angle, otherwise the aircraft produces a thrust to the side which the flight controller corrects all the time which causes dancing.
2018-2-5
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-2-5 07:32
Hi Blackwood,

as Dji has not released a maintenance manual yet, i have no values, but this is how i did it. I put the props on the back side in landing mode and aligned them 90 degrees to the boom that holds the motors. Then i measured the distance from the surface where the i2 stood on to the tips of the propellers (has to be a perfectly flat surface). On the arm that had no play it was 18,5cm on the inner tip and 20,2cm on the outer tip. I aligned the other side of the i2 which had play in the arm to the same value and fastened it. There may for shure be other methods to align the props... in the end i think it is important that the props on both sides have the same angle, otherwise the aircraft produces a thrust to the side which the flight controller corrects all the time which causes dancing.

Thanks, I'll look into that.  I'm also going to look at the chart that Mark posted on the first page for the Inspire 1 to see if I can extrapolate any data from it that may be useful for the Inspire 2.
2018-2-5
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-2-5 07:32
Hi Blackwood,

as Dji has not released a maintenance manual yet, i have no values, but this is how i did it. I put the props on the back side in landing mode and aligned them 90 degrees to the boom that holds the motors. Then i measured the distance from the surface where the i2 stood on to the tips of the propellers (has to be a perfectly flat surface). On the arm that had no play it was 18,5cm on the inner tip and 20,2cm on the outer tip. I aligned the other side of the i2 which had play in the arm to the same value and fastened it. There may for shure be other methods to align the props... in the end i think it is important that the props on both sides have the same angle, otherwise the aircraft produces a thrust to the side which the flight controller corrects all the time which causes dancing.

@ro-copter.de@

Thanks very much for your information about aligning the props on the I2.  This is extremely useful, and I think DJI should publish this information and the "correct" rotor tip heights for the I2 as well as a full maintenance manual.  Should the rotors spin exactly parallel to the ground, or should there be an angle, and if so what is the correct angle?  I suspect this is a factor in the "instability" that many I2 owners have been experiencing.
2018-2-5
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

I just looked at mine and sure enough the Port side blade tips were a half inch lower than the Starboard side. I choose to rotate the port side to match the starboard side because whenever I calibrate the IMU, the AC always sat perfectly without me having to hold it on the starboard side.  The port side however, always teetered back and forth.
Took about 30 seconds to make the adjustment.  Very easy to do.  Can't wait to have time to test it now.
2018-2-5
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Altitude Drones Posted at 2018-1-11 23:48
Is there a way to do this with the I2?

There are no bolts on the joints, just glue..

It's the same screw on the I2 that is shown in Mark's picture.  I adjusted mine yesterday.  It's a 2mm screw on the underside of the prop arm on the rear of the T that holds the prop arm to the main arm.  When you loosen this one screw, both the front and back motors will turn together.  Very simple and quick to do.  It been raining here, so I haven't been able to test it, but my props are aligned now.
2018-2-6
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-12 08:33
I don't think this is an option with the I2.

The Inspire 2 is set up the same as the Inspire 1.  I don't think the chart you posted is the same, however the screw location to make the adjustment is the same.
2018-2-6
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-2-5 08:15
@ro-copter.de@

Thanks very much for your information about aligning the props on the I2.  This is extremely useful, and I think DJI should publish this information and the "correct" rotor tip heights for the I2 as well as a full maintenance manual.  Should the rotors spin exactly parallel to the ground, or should there be an angle, and if so what is the correct angle?  I suspect this is a factor in the "instability" that many I2 owners have been experiencing.

Hi RobAlbania,

i got the right angle from the boom that had no play. As it had no play i assumed that this boom has a correct factory default angle and adjustet the one with the play accordingly. I don't have a corect angle value, but my values for the tips are from the arm that has never had play, so they might be right and for me they are as my i2 is stable now. In landing mode the outer tips of the propellers are a bit lower than the inner ones... in flying mode its vice versa. I think that its important that the angle is symmetric to the center of the i2 so that the combined thrust vectors of both booms don't produce side movement.
2018-2-6
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

ro-copter.de Posted at 2018-2-6 08:45
Hi RobAlbania,

i got the right angle from the boom that had no play. As it had no play i assumed that this boom has a correct factory default angle and adjustet the one with the play accordingly. I don't have a corect angle value, but my values for the tips are from the arm that has never had play, so they might be right and for me they are as my i2 is stable now. In landing mode the outer tips of the propellers are a bit lower than the inner ones... in flying mode its vice versa. I think that its important that the angle is symmetric to the center of the i2 so that the combined thrust vectors of both booms don't produce side movement.

Right now, my prop tip height at the nose of the aircraft is 8.75 inches on both props in landing mode.  Don't know if that's the optimum height, but it's based off the height of the side that sat correctly when calibrating.  IMU re-calibrated. Batteries charging now, hoping for a break in the rain.
2018-2-6
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

This is a really good news! It is a year that my i2 dances and even a month at the dji repair service did not solve the problem.
Tomorrow I will remove the cobwebs from my i2 and I will see what happens. I'm confident.
Thanks to those who contributed with their experiences.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules