Any chance for 3rd party Apps? i would love to use Pix4d or Drone Deploy
2017-10-31
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Hi joeyB106,

What exactly do you want to do with third party software?

Pix4d is capable of being integrated with DJI products but will cost you thousands to use.

Drone Deploy is also an out and out professional software. They offer a very basic downgraded version for free but are aimed at software rental costing 100s of $ per month. I guess it is DJI compatible, they use DJI drones in their advertising.

Litchi is a free App comparable to the DJI GO (4) Apps, to plan flights and fly DJI drones, it has advantages and disadvantages.

There is a huge amount of software out there, depends on what you want to do.
2017-10-31
Use props
makiyang
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that the third party apps are not tested and if you crash your drone with those apps, you are more likely to be responsible for the accident.
2017-11-1
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-31 15:42
Hi joeyB106,

What exactly do you want to do with third party software?

i already and subscribed to DroneDeploy and also Pix4D for my business I'm already paying the monthly fees. but i cant get them on the display so i have to go back to using an iPad when i want to do that kind of work.
2017-11-1
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 02:06
Please note that the third party apps are not tested and if you crash your drone with those apps, you are more likely to be responsible for the accident.

Hi Elektra,

A good point, but may I beg to point out that it is not going to make the user automatically “more responsible for the accident“ but more so, to make you as a company “less likely to accept the responsibility”, which is perfectly acceptable.

Of course your responsibility extends only to the terms of use and capabilities of your product within the bounds of its intended use and the features provided. At this point arises the problem that many users face. Your products are very proficient, especially when you get to the Phantom 4 series; they provide a real crossover to professional use and many users want to extend their experience. Dà-Jiāng Innovations Science and Technology Co., Ltd. has of course tested all of the third party Apps they know about, they would not have got to be where they are in the last 11 years if they had not. Sometimes it’s wise to be a little more open, it won’t kill your business, take a risk or two, and it might even prove to be a marketing advantage.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
T. S. Eliot
2017-11-1
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

joeyB106 Posted at 2017-11-1 05:54
i already and subscribed to DroneDeploy and also Pix4D for my business I'm already paying the monthly fees. but i cant get them on the display so i have to go back to using an iPad when i want to do that kind of work.

Hi joeyB106,

Oh my, oh my, it would seem that you are really the professional. Then you know much more than I do about the compatibilities of the software you mentioned. I assume that you are talking about using a field monitor or CrystalSky and its incompatibility?

If the iPad is the only common element that supports all of the software you want to use that is unfortunate. Whilst the iPad is a very proficient piece of equipment with an excellent high definition screen, it is of course, not designed with fieldwork as its primary environment.

2017-11-1
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-1 15:21
Hi joeyB106,

Oh my, oh my, it would seem that you are really the professional. Then you know much more than I do about the compatibilities of the software you mentioned. I assume that you are talking about using a field monitor or CrystalSky and its incompatibility?

i bought the setup due to the use in bright sunlight. i was kinda hoping that they would get those apps. but till something like that happens ill just use the iPad and use the CS for fun
2017-11-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

joeyB106 Posted at 2017-11-2 09:25
i bought the setup due to the use in bright sunlight. i was kinda hoping that they would get those apps. but till something like that happens ill just use the iPad and use the CS for fun

Still waiting on the Go4 app update so us CS users can enjoy the Quick Shot & Dynamic Home Point features like IOS users, let alone being able to install a 3rd Party App like Litchi !!!!
Com'on DJI bring us up to speed !!
2017-11-2
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

Litchi i don't really see it being used. don't get me wrong its a good tool but so is ground station,
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules