New Android App 4.1.14
2829 13 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

With today's firmware update we have also got the new App version 4.1.14 for Android to make all new functions available. As usual it will take a while until it becomes available for all of us in Playstore. Thanks to a friend I got it tonight but it was too late to go flying. Of course I have nevertheless installed it for a first check. Since the release notes are not available to me, I could only check what I could discover at first sight.
1. OTG continues to work without visible problems.
2. The new spherical pano mode is included (a feature that I will probably never use, but it is there for those who like it).
3. Here my memory might be short. Did we have the "Image Transmission Settings" before already, or is this something new? Honestly I can't tell...Tomorrow I'll go out flying if weather allows and shall further report. And I am looking forward to all other reports that will emerge. Let's cross fingers that many issues have been fixed!

Sperical Pano Mode

Sperical Pano Mode

Image Transmission Settings

Image Transmission Settings
2017-10-31
Use props
schlomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67746 ft
Germany

Would be great to get some updates by tomorrow
2017-10-31
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

The Image Transmission Setting is new, or I'm really blind and never saw it before.
2017-10-31
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

Android 4.1.10
No image transmission settings
2017-10-31
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

Android 4.1.10
No image transmission settings
Screenshot_2017-11-01-10-00-00.png
2017-10-31
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Awesome, finally we found out it was no typo haha, the image transmission settings is new...looking forward to get my upgrade, and hope i can go fly tomorrow with the old version of the app if it's not available for me the new one.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Glad you like the latest version. Please keep us updated if you find anything wrong.
2017-10-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I am glad that my memory is still intact. The "Image Transmission Settings" might then be a major progress for those who experience problems in this regard and need to be tested. Unfortunately I didn't see any information on what we are supposed to do with them. I'll try out today and make a screen recording.
2017-11-1
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

And what about Crystal Sky Monitor owners? Should we stay with 4.1. version forever? DJI any update please on this issue
2017-11-1
Use props
droneburger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55807 ft
France

link to the APK?
2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

There are two variants. One is for phones, the other one for tablets.
2017-11-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Update and somewhat bad news: I have just discovered that the "Image Transmission Settings" menu only shows up with OTG connection. From this I conclude that it is a Mavic feature that is not available for the Spark similar to the "Intelligent Flight Modes" which are for Mavic and only show up when connected via OTG cable. Here are the screenshots (the two first pictures with, the last one below without OTG connection):

Without OTG

Without OTG

With OTG

With OTG

With OTG

With OTG
2017-11-1
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

well done!
2017-11-1
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-1 02:23
Update and somewhat bad news: I have just discovered that the "Image Transmission Settings" menu only shows up with OTG connection. From this I conclude that it is a Mavic feature that is not available for the Spark similar to the "Intelligent Flight Modes" which are for Mavic and only show up when connected via OTG cable. Here are the screenshots (first picture without, the two below with OTG connection):

Yes the menu you are displaying is not available without OTG, with OTG, it has no effect (4.1.14 android)

When using a modded 4.1.9 version, you can use this menu (with Spark) both with or without OTG in order to actually change the image datalink quality

This is one amongst other features that are active within Spark but just "hidden" to end users up to now, such as Waypoint missions that DO work with modded 4.1.9 app. Quite frustrating from my end user point of view.

2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules