Possibly Resolved? - Difficulty downloading files from Spark aft...
11155 20 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I took some pictures and video today after updating the new firmware, and when I tried to download the files, I couldn't get the app to download for more than a minute or two before it would give an error and say that the download failed.  I finally did get the files downloaded but it took many restarts of the download.  

also, I noticed that when I was flying, that the status LEDs were flashing in a different manner than normal.  I would get the normal green flashes, but after every second green flash, it would give two long red flashes, then go back to the green flashes.  

anyone else seeing these issues/behaviors?  

UPDATE:  Tried using the app to download pictures and it would just constantly crash.  I could maybe download one picture before the app would crash.  I updated to the latest app and even then, i couldn't even get through the knowledge quiz without the app crashing  

I still can only download for at most 2-3 minutes at a time before a disconnect error, so I have to keep resarting the download over and over in order to get the data off of the spark.  
2017-10-31
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

I've always had the 2 long red flashes followed by green flashes when I fly near an airport. Going farther away and its only the green flashes. Haven't flown with the new firmware though.
2017-10-31
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Mark Blaide Posted at 2017-10-31 16:43
I've always had the 2 long red flashes followed by green flashes when I fly near an airport. Going farther away and its only the green flashes. Haven't flown with the new firmware though.

I thought that might be the reason, I was in an enhanced warning zone according to the app, even though it didn't show on the map when I checked it.  

There is nothing in the user manual section that talks about the status LEDs that mentions this.
2017-10-31
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2017-10-31 16:55
I thought that might be the reason, I was in an enhanced warning zone according to the app, even though it didn't show on the map when I checked it.  

There is nothing in the user manual section that talks about the status LEDs that mentions this.

I know I read it somewhere...but I can't find it now!
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide me the model of your device and screenshot about the error message. I would help you forward it to our engineers.
2017-10-31
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-31 18:14
Please provide me the model of your device and screenshot about the error message. I would help you forward it to our engineers.

I’ll have to take some more videos and images tomorrow and try again.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TexasAerials Posted at 2017-10-31 20:25
I’ll have to take some more videos and images tomorrow and try again.

Thanks for your help. And keep us updated if the problem is solved.
2017-10-31
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Trying to download some more files, the issue is still there.  photos seem to download ok, but trying to download videos, the download will only work for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and then i get the error "connection error, failed to download"
2017-11-5
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

still trying to get my videos off the Spark, this has all started with the .701 firmware this week.  I can barely get 2-3% of a video downloaded before it drops the connection.  completely unuseable now.  I basically have to download off the SD card to my laptop, upload to dropbox, and then download to my phone.  

about to try deleting the app and re-download.  
2017-11-5
Use props
SparkVR
New
Malaysia

I am having the same downloading problem after updated it to the latest firmware
2017-11-11
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

SparkVR Posted at 2017-11-11 09:42
I am having the same downloading problem after updated it to the latest firmware

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but haven't had a chance to fly since in order to see if the issue is fixed.  
2017-11-16
Use props
fans256166a5
lvl.1
Portugal

I have a brand new DJI Spark Fly More Combo and DJI Go Pro 4 on my iPhone 6S Plus. Latest firmware and connected to the controller wifi. Photos download ok (well, sometimes fail, but retry usually works), videos are impossible to download, getting slow speeds of 780KB/sec (both spark and controller and 20cm away from me), and after 20 seconds or so get "Connection Error. Failed to download". Any ideas?
2017-12-2
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

fans256166a5 Posted at 2017-12-2 16:32
I have a brand new DJI Spark Fly More Combo and DJI Go Pro 4 on my iPhone 6S Plus. Latest firmware and connected to the controller wifi. Photos download ok (well, sometimes fail, but retry usually works), videos are impossible to download, getting slow speeds of 780KB/sec (both spark and controller and 20cm away from me), and after 20 seconds or so get "Connection Error. Failed to download". Any ideas?

That is the same issue I have been having.  deleting the app didn't solve the issue, I've just been pulling the SD card, downloading the files to my laptop and putting them on dropbox so I can download them to my phone as needed.  
2017-12-4
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Now I'm still having the same problems but instead of the files failing to download, the app just crashes.  I even updated to the stupid knowledge quiz version and I couldn't even get through the quiz without it crashing

WHEN WILL DJI FIX THIS?
2017-12-8
Use props
DjNIki4
New
United States

i am having the same issue i cannot download any videos or even AutoEdit them. . . Very annoying does anyone have a clue on what to do ?? Thanks
2017-12-10
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Does AC get hotter than "normal"? Had some similar download problems after flying, AC got hotter than it used to be. AC 701, Android 5.15.
2017-12-10
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

after a bunch of cut-and-try, I think I am at least back to the old "work for 10 seconds - 2 minutes and quit" as before.  I again uninstalled and reinstalled the app with the latest version, and it worked for about 20 minutes before the app began crashing again.  finally i checked for software updates on the phone, which seems to have worked for now.  I haven't flown since though, so I will have to be careful to make sure the app won't be crashing mid-flight.  so now I am running iOS 11.2, app 4.1.18 and .701 aircraft firmware.  
2017-12-10
Use props
djiuser_IWckzJdbXKSy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12415 ft

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-31 18:14

Hello Dji Elektra, I have a question, my spark and controller have been working perfect, every since day one! But here just recently when i try to download the videos or pictures from the sparks SD Card the controller will disconnect and the light on the controller turns red for a second or two then goes back to green and reconnects and keeps repeating that process, i have used dji assistant and factory reset the drone, and i have reset the controllers wifi back to factory by pressing the power button down for 9 seconds, before when i first got the drone i never had this issue, and it even does it on my Ipad with the otg connected, what could be causing this? And come to think of it it came after doing the flysafedata upgrade, and ive heard a lot of dji drones have issues after doing that upgrade, is that true do you know and if so is there a fix to it?
2018-12-11
Use props
djiuser_14EfMXbDnaUx
New

United Kingdom

Ditto I too am getting a download error. Have tried reinstalling app. And only 1 video at a time to and still error message attached. Can anybody help? Disappointed about this as love the drone. Thanks
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_9LGF4RIvcorn
New
United States

I might have a solution?

I had no choice but to do the wireless transfer. I likely had some kind of data corruption following a crash, maybe I forgot to turn recording off before powering off the Spark. So the SD card could no longer mount on 3 different computers with 2 different adapters – no errors, just doesn't detect the card. Spark won't mount to computer via micro-USB cable, again no errors. I don't have the OTG microUSB-to-lightning cable. BUT... the Spark itself recognizes the card just fine, and I can see the videos in DJI Go 4 if I access the onboard card. So using DJI Go 4, I can download to the phone, then transfer from phone to computer. It will eventually transfer if I sit there and keep dismissing the "Download Failed" error and retrying. But for a video of several minutes, it takes 10s of minutes and can easily burn through 2+ full batteries and dozens of attempts.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: After a lot of frustration, I was tinkering with the iPhone WiFi settings and seem to have fixed it?! Go to Settings / Wi-Fi, and select the Spark hotspot. In the details screen that comes up, select "Low Data Mode". This turns off background updates etc. I suspect my phone was trying to do other things eg checking emails, syncing calendar, etc. and that was breaking the connection. After making this change, I was able to transfer a 600 MB video with no errors!

Hope this helps others.

2020-10-21
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

I saw a post on the FB group that the app isn't yet compatible with the latest iOS, they said they called DJI and was told they weren't expecting the iOS update so soon.  
2020-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules