12Next >
2203 42 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
outbackmac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489 ft
United States

i have the phantom standard.  i have 3 batteries,  2 of which when i use i get weak image transfer..  why is this?
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, are your flight packs OEM DJI products?

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Hard for me to understand why you would have a weaker image transfer with a different battery, if it is charged up like the rest. I mean power is power, doesn't matter what type of battery it comes from. Unless you are getting an error saying it is not a DJI battery, in which case t would keep you from flying I believe. Good question I guess.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A battery may have a poor cell, which can affect how it performs.
If a battery is nearing its end, it may also react poorly.
Two new healthy flight packs should respond the same...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
outbackmac
lvl.2
United States

batteries are dji oem products.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

outbackmac Posted at 2017-11-1 09:39
batteries are dji oem products.

Sorry to bother you, but how many times have these flight packs been charged.
Were they ever deep cycled? which can have a positive affect on these intelligent flight packs.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 10:22
Sorry to bother you, but how many times have these flight packs been charged.
Were they ever deep cycled? which can have a positive affect on these intelligent flight packs.

I guess I'm just trying to understand RedHotPoker. If it had a weak cell, should it not be showing an error? I'm not disputing your theory, just don't quite get how it would effect the image transfer if the battery had good voltage. I get it if it didn't maintain the voltage as long as say a newer battery pack, but if it has 14V-15V just like the new pack, how does that effect the transmission? I guess it would be hard to monitor the actual load on the battery as you are flying. I wonder if the OP notices the battery voltage turning yellow or anything or if it stays green all of the time?
2017-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Whether OEM or not is irrelevant ... it works or not works - that's it.

But what can affect functions are CLEAN contacts.

The DJI batterys have two sets of contacts ... main flight power - these are the ones you also use to charge the pack. They deliver the main power to ESC's, boards and motors etc.

Second set are the smaller contact plates set just below and in from the main contacts. They can get dirty and a swab with a cotton-bud with spirit can work wonders ! These second set are the feeds for Telemetry, Camera and Video command sets etc.

Its worth occasionally giving all the contacts in the AC and the batterys a clean ... nothing worse than a poor contact.

Its worth checking also that the contacts are mating properly ... no bent pins or contact plates ... battery fully home and positive click ...

Other than that difficult to say what it can be.

For RicardoGray .......... you can actually view cell voltages during flight by selecting battery page in menu - that displays the telemetry data of the batterys. You can also view that when static on ground etc.

Nigel
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-11-1 11:12
I guess I'm just trying to understand RedHotPoker. If it had a weak cell, should it not be showing an error? I'm not disputing your theory, just don't quite get how it would effect the image transfer if the battery had good voltage. I get it if it didn't maintain the voltage as long as say a newer battery pack, but if it has 14V-15V just like the new pack, how does that effect the transmission? I guess it would be hard to monitor the actual load on the battery as you are flying. I wonder if the OP notices the battery voltage turning yellow or anything or if it stays green all of the time?

Have you (OP) ever uploaded a recent flight LOG, to see if there are any other notable concerns?
www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload
Post a link to the LOG, so we can have a look... Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-1 11:48

Please remember, DJI placed some firmware script that negates counterfeit flight packs working properly.

Not sure if this would be problematic in this situation.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-1 11:48

Thanks Nigel. I did remember that after you mentioned it, but thanks for that reminder. I always watch the voltage on the main screen, but yes could see what is going on maybe as you are flying with those batteries he says is giving him problems.
The whole thing sounds kind or weird to me, but you make good points about those contacts. Something most of us probably don't think about cleaning very often.
2017-11-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I find it very hard to believe that battery can affect signal.  Labroides, we need your thoughts please!
2017-11-1
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi, I'd like to comment on your post but, I don't understand what your image tranfer question is referring to. Is it your files on your device? Is it the image file within your DJI app? Or the elapsed time when you press the shutter red dot in DJI, and the time it take the camera to recycle to be free for next shot? Sorry.
2017-11-1
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Kinda simple though, I'd use best battery for file transfers. Look into deep discharge/recharge options.
2017-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK ... I give up.
What's weak image transfer?
can you describe what your problem is because I can't work out what weak image transfer means.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried to relink the RC to the drone? Could you please provide some screenshots? Like Labroides mentioned, please describe what your problem is,  provide more details for better assistance.
2017-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 11:58
Please remember, DJI placed some firmware script that negates counterfeit flight packs working properly.

They either work or don't .... never heard of any 'partial' effect.

That would be utterly stupid on any Brands part to do such. Can you imagine the claims against such as DJI if that was true ? Imagine a partial battery failure and hurting someone because of DJI coding ?

But its only a few non DJI batterys affected - majority work perfectly as many posts show on various forums.

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-11-1 12:08
Thanks Nigel. I did remember that after you mentioned it, but thanks for that reminder. I always watch the voltage on the main screen, but yes could see what is going on maybe as you are flying with those batteries he says is giving him problems.
The whole thing sounds kind or weird to me, but you make good points about those contacts. Something most of us probably don't think about cleaning very often.

Tks ...

But it is correct as others have asked - what is meant by weak image transfer ....

I wonder if the OP is referring to the top BAR indicator for Video link ? Its normal for it to dance between weak and strong signal strength during flight ...

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-1 14:20
OK ... I give up.
What's weak image transfer?
can you describe what your problem is because I can't work out what weak image transfer means.

Exactly the problem most of are facing. I don't think any of us can really understand what is being asked here. Hopefully the OP can clarify just what it is he is concerned with.
Thanks Labroides for finally asking the correct question.
2017-11-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 02:40
Tks ...

But it is correct as others have asked - what is meant by weak image transfer ....

I wonder too what he is exactly referring to. I guess that is why a lot of us don't quite understand what it is he is asking about. That's why the whole thing is strange to me when he refers to the batteries being the issue?
Anyway, as always thanks for your comments.
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I've scratched head trying to figure out what he could mean and only item I can think of is the signal strength. As mentioned earlier - its common for signal strength to vary tremendously during a flight, whether far or near. I can only assume he is referring to this - indicated as we know by the 'bars' top of screen to right.

The strength of signal would of course vary if power available to the Video sender varied ... so back to my thoughts of contacts.

We do need the OP to expand on his 'weak image transfer' ................

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
CommunalWheat9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419314 ft
Belgium

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 09:34
A battery may have a poor cell, which can affect how it performs.
If a battery is nearing its end, it may also react poorly.
Two new healthy flight packs should respond the same...

are you sure about that ? i have a new  battery used the firs time 1 mont ago and i flyed something like 3 hours with this one and i have poor image retransmission when i fly with her...
2017-11-2
Use props
outbackmac
lvl.2
United States

i will take screen shots.  i get weak image transfer even with the drone sitting on the ground.  i willk charge all 3 batteries and take screen shots.
2017-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

outbackmac Posted at 2017-11-2 06:11
i will take screen shots.  i get weak image transfer even with the drone sitting on the ground.  i willk charge all 3 batteries and take screen shots.

Image transfer??
I've never heard that expression, what do you mean?
Can you descrbe what the problem is instead of just repeating "image transfer"?
2017-11-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

I guess he has to be referring to the screen going blank or something like that.
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Well - we await the screen shots ...

My moneys on the signal strength ... any takers ?

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-2 06:58
Image transfer??
I've never heard that expression, what do you mean?
Can you descrbe what the problem is instead of just repeating "image transfer"?

I guess at some point we might find out but.........could they simply be talking about the actual image on the screen of the tablet or phone? Just asking.
2017-11-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 08:14

You may very well be spot on with those bars at the top of our screens. They do fluctuate al the time depending on where you are flying etc. Guess we'll see. Maybe they are seeing this signal going up/down, but is it actually affecting the screen image is the real question?
2017-11-2
Use props
outbackmac
lvl.2
United States

well just like a car i couldnt get it to do it again.   what i was refering to is in the middle of my screen at the top where i see ready to fly GPS, it would scroll weak image transfer
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 02:38

That would be utterly stupid on any Brands part to do such. Can you imagine the claims against such as DJI if that was true ? Imagine a partial battery failure and hurting someone because of DJI coding ?

I can't argue with you about RC battery use. You are evidently an expert on this stuff. Far beyond my "current capacity". Ha

Anyway, I felt you might enjoy this little graphic...

When I first saw this, I immediately, fondly thought of you. ;-)

RedHotPoker
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 08:14

Sure, I will put a Canadian brown note on that... Ha

& you can do the math!! Hehe

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 02:38

Buy a phony DJI intelligent flight pack, and see for yourself how it won't work well...

Then we can have this conversation. Yes?

RedHotPoker

2017-11-2
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 12:26
I can't argue with you about RC battery use. You are evidently an expert on this stuff. Far beyond my "current capacity". Ha

Anyway, I felt you might enjoy this little graphic...

I have to say, that looks like an "old school" pic! Reminds me of something straight out of my high school electronics class textbook. From the 80's ;)
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Michgolden Posted at 2017-11-2 19:06
I have to say, that looks like an "old school" pic! Reminds me of something straight out of my high school electronics class textbook. From the 80's ;)

That's a good reminder, of decades gone by...
Yes, and many of us high schoolers were too high to count.
Anyways, a good boot in the arse might have got us motivated...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

outbackmac Posted at 2017-11-2 11:22
well just like a car i couldnt get it to do it again.   what i was refering to is in the middle of my screen at the top where i see ready to fly GPS, it would scroll weak image transfer

So, is the image transmission truly weak? Errant messages are not uncommon.
2017-11-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

To Red Hot Poker - stop talking nonsense - you know full well that I fly genuine AND clone battery's - absolutely no difference at all.

To OP - now we have your post saying the scrolling warning - weak transmission. ..... EVERYONE sees that ....

Nigel
2017-11-2
Use props
outbackmac
lvl.2
United States

i thought it was a error.  didnt realize it was normal
2017-11-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Unfortunately it is normal for video stream to vary and you to have warnings at various points through the flight and it can happen near or far.

With the Pro - if I know I am in an area that is prone to interference / RF clutter ... then I put on the Dual Windsurfer ..... that helps to focus the Controllers signal out and hopefully it helps in a small way to collect return signal much as a Sat Dish does ...
But on the Standard - the Windsurfer only works on the 5.8 Control antenna .... no use for video stream.

Nigel
2017-11-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-2 23:46
To Red Hot Poker - stop talking nonsense - you know full well that I fly genuine AND clone battery's - absolutely no difference at all.

To OP - now we have your post saying the scrolling warning - weak transmission. ..... EVERYONE sees that ....

Ha Ha Ha,  RHP, Go stand in the corner, in time out!  
2017-11-3
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

outbackmac Posted at 2017-11-3 05:35
i thought it was a error.  didnt realize it was normal

Hopefully you got it figured out. You sometimes never know until you ask.
2017-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules