Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NANUK 915 DJI SPARK FLY MORE Case
1651 10 2017-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneHack99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64167 ft
United States

Does anyone have, or seen this case in person?  Wondering if it's worth $120

https://www.nanuk.com/nanuk-915-dji-spark-fly/

2017-11-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

This is the one I wish I would have bought.  

Instead I bought the 905 which is not for the fly more combo but just a regular Spark.  The 905 Canal 3 batteries one on each side of the spark and then one on the spark itself.  I've discovered that I can actually fit one more battery underneath the spark as there is room between the bottom of the spark and the bottom of the 905 case.

I probably would have paid the extra to get this case instead but I don't think it was actually available at the time I bought mine.

As far as the case itself it's absolutely top-notch.  I have another Nana case which holds my knife sharpening system and they are super quality.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Stupid cell phone....grrr...

I was trying to say the case can hold not canal... and also not Nana but Nanuck.

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-1
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-1 10:18
This is the one I wish I would have bought.  

Instead I bought the 905 which is not for the fly more combo but just a regular Spark.  The 905 Canal 3 batteries one on each side of the spark and then one on the spark itself.  I've discovered that I can actually fit one more battery underneath the spark as there is room between the bottom of the spark and the bottom of the 905 case.

Great info, thanks  for the quick response!  It looks solid and can hold everything needed for the spark.  What color did you go with?
2017-11-1
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-1 10:21
Stupid cell phone....grrr...

I was trying to say the case can hold not canal... and also not Nana but Nanuck.

I knew what you meant
2017-11-1
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
United States

DroneHack99 Posted at 2017-11-1 10:23
Great info, thanks  for the quick response!  It looks solid and can hold everything needed for the spark.  What color did you go with?

Another question...was about to buy a gimbal guard and propeller holder for when it's packed away.  Do you think those are needed with this kind of case?
2017-11-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

I bought the graphite one.  I did purchase the protective gimbal cover and I don't think it's a bad idea even though you have a good case like this seems like five bucks well spent.  I think I'm also going to get the propeller protector, because if u aren't careful, u can bend them when putting the Spark in the foam cutout.

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

About the only thing that I would want the case to hold that it doesn't, is the prop guards, which I don't actually find myself using all that much anymore.

I keep the prop guards, battery charger, usb cable and range extender in the shoulder bag that came with the Spark fly more combo.

In the Nanuck I keep the Spark (with gimbal protector on), 4 batteries, 4 extra props, the remote, a sun shade for the gimbal, and an OTG cable. I'm going to add the prop holder to my kit as well.

When I walk out to my flying location I bring both my shoulder bag and my Nanuck, but I don't really expect to use anything in the shoulder bag with the exception of the range extenders.

The case itself like I said as well as the foam insert are very high quality and built like a tank.  The 905 is smaller than the 915 it's actually pretty discreet.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-1
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

One other thing in my kit that I always bring is my landing pad.  It came with three stakes to stake it to the ground, but I now instead have put small weights on the 3 loopholes and just use that as it will work on concrete as well.

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-1
Use props
DroneHack99
lvl.3
United States

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2017-11-1 18:14
One other thing in my kit that I always bring is my landing pad.  It came with three stakes to stake it to the ground, but I now instead have put small weights on the 3 loopholes and just use that as it will work on concrete as well.

Todd in Chicago

Thanks for all the good info.  I went and ordered the 915 yesterday...in orange! haha  Kinda flashy and out of character for me, but figured wtf.  

I never use the prop guards, was thinking I could use that space for my smaller camera (sony rx 100 v).  Think i will go ahead and order gimbal guard, landing gear legs today, and propeller holder.  I'll throw up some pics once I get everything.

Cheers
2017-11-2
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
United States

Excellent!!  Let us know what you think of that case.. I'm very impressed with the Nanuck cases in general.. they are built extremely well.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules