No palm land indoors even with gestures on
1998 11 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I know this isn't a major issue, just an irritating thing really...

I find the palm land option really useful while I'm out an about, because of where I fly....I take off normally and switch to gesture mode through the app (I'm flying with the RC) when I want to land.  This works well.

I was showing a friend the Spark's stability in the house recently and for my pièce de résistance, I though I would impress my guest with the elegant palm landing move.   It wouldn't work! everything I did outdoors to palm land, didn't work indoors...it just sensed my hand and increased it's altitude.
It was in Atti mode, if that helps teh discussion.

What are people's thoughts?

Neil.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please check the details and see if you have the right procedure.
gesture.PNG
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

same here just after he arrived , and it was my "first and last"  try with palm land in home in atti. Spark inceased altitude in every try i moved hand uder it until i had accident with light bulb . I wasnt connected to spark and couldnt land so the only option in my case was grabbing my little bird using a strenght and tried to turn it off while he wanted to escape from my hand
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

medyq69 Posted at 2017-11-2 03:10
same here just after he arrived , and it was my "first and last"  try with palm land in home in atti. Spark inceased altitude in every try i moved hand uder it until i had accident with light bulb  . I wasnt connected to spark and couldnt land so the only option in my case was grabbing my little bird using a strenght and tried to turn it off while he wanted to escape from my hand

Did your spark work well after the accident? If you want to fly indoor, please use the props guard.
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-2 03:17
Did your spark work well after the accident? If you want to fly indoor, please use the props guard.

yes, is ok, props guard wouldnt help - he flew to bulp from bottom of lamp to hit it with top of props - not from side - my fault was trying palm land under a lamp, but everythink ened good and i didnt try palm land more in apartment hiehie
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

medyq69 Posted at 2017-11-2 03:33
yes, is ok, props guard wouldnt help - he flew to bulp from bottom of lamp to hit it with top of props - not from side - my fault was trying palm land under a lamp, but everythink ened good and i didnt try palm land more in apartment hiehie

Glad it didn't get hurt. Flying indoor with props guard is a wise choice.
2017-11-2
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I am getting really frustrated with it now :-(   

I have read the manual inside and out, followed demonstrations and tutorials, but it still won't palm land in gesture mode....it just keeps sensing my hand and ascending.

If this was a cheap toy, I could let it go...but it's not.
2017-11-3
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-3 08:32
I am getting really frustrated with it now :-(   

I have read the manual inside and out, followed demonstrations and tutorials, but it still won't palm land in gesture mode....it just keeps sensing my hand and ascending.

and now u got problem also outside home ?
2017-11-3
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

medyq69 Posted at 2017-11-3 08:58
and now u got problem also outside home ?

Yes, tried indoors and ourdoors today...it does not work.
I love this thing but the flakeyness of the 'sometimes works/sometimes doesn't' features doesn't fill me with confidence.

£700 hovering about the sky deciding whether it wants to work or not :-)

Having come from RC Gliders/Planes and the DIY nature of them...it seems like the authorities have imposed so many restrictions on DJI/drones manufacturers, they've had to make their software too complex.

I can see me returning this thing :-( (no, not just because it can't palm land)
2017-11-3
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-3 09:09
Yes, tried indoors and ourdoors today...it does not work.
I love this thing but the flakeyness of the 'sometimes works/sometimes doesn't' features doesn't fill me with confidence.

u can try like in this tut. keep in mind if u move hand to spark he try escape from your palm (second part of video). keep palm in place and wait until it recognize it  
2017-11-3
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks man, that's a helpful video.  Going to try it tomorrow....will let you know.

It would appear that I can't get my Spark in gesture mode, even through the DJI app...weird.

Thanks again, wil, update you later.
2017-11-3
Use props
fans0c2e82a9
lvl.1
United States

Gesture mode is not supported in atti mode but it works in GPS Mode and in OPTI Mode.
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules