Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stabilized Pict
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, this is a general questionning for wich I didn't find an answer:
Will the Zenmuse X7 be compatible with the Osmo system?
If anyone knows, has any source, please feel free to share.
In the video presentation, they only talk about Inspire compatibility...
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that Zenmuse X7 is only compatible with Inspire 2 at the moment, it will be compatible with more products in the future, please note the official release in our website, thank you.
2017-11-2
Use props
Stabilized Pict
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

Ok thanks for fast answer.
Though should we be attending that future in 6 months, one year, more?
Any idea or is it a confidential information? (which I would understand)
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stabilized Pict Posted at 2017-11-2 06:15
Ok thanks for fast answer.
Though should we be attending that future in 6 months, one year, more?
Any idea or is it a confidential information? (which I would understand)

Yes, this is confidential, we haven't got any news about that, sorry that we cannot provide more info, thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-2
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

It would be wonderful to have a ground application of this camera.
I'm really interested in this camera if it offers this possibility in the future.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Negens Posted at 2017-11-22 07:33
I'm really interested in this camera if it offers this possibility in the future.

Thanks for the interest and support to DJI product.
Please pay attention to our website about the future release.
2017-11-22
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

Oh, I also hope there will be some DJI or third party lens adapters to DL-mount.
I believe we could produce some absolutely stunning videos with the X7 handled and with other cine lenses.
2017-11-23
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Osmo and X7 adaptability would be a great move.
2017-11-24
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

MedicFL1 Posted at 2017-11-24 14:09
Osmo and X7 adaptability would be a great move.

Well, in fact, it can't .
The Zenmuse X7 is not really a Camera but just a sensor and a sensor board with a lens mount and a gimbal.
The Real Camera is the Cinecore in the Inspire 2, based on a Xilinx Zynq XC7Z045 (The image processor).

Dji has to build a Cinecore in another shape (to fit in the handle) to handle the X5s and X7 sensor/mount.
2017-12-5
Use props
sya
lvl.2

Russia

Negens Posted at 2017-12-5 09:56
Well, in fact, it can't .
The Zenmuse X7 is not really a Camera but just a sensor and a sensor board with a lens mount and a gimbal.
The Real Camera is the Cinecore in the Inspire 2, based on a Xilinx Zynq XC7Z045 (The image processor).

Where did you find the information about CineCore processor model? Did you tear the Inspire 2 down?
If it is true then It is interesting why DJI has refused to use Ambarella SoC as on the previous cameras.
2017-12-6
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

sya Posted at 2017-12-6 12:51
Where did you find the information about CineCore processor model? Did you tear the Inspire 2 down?
If it is true then It is interesting why DJI has refused to use Ambarella SoC as on the previous cameras.

I found the information in a Chinese website from a guy who disassembled the Inspire 2.
This Xilinx fpga can handle 4K@60fps, and we can push it more by losing fps, it means, 6k@30fps and 8K@15fps.
It's the same for the newest Xilinx ultrascale+.
I have few information about the Ambarella H2 and H3 but I don't know it it's as programmable as the Xilinx solutions. I mean, I'm not sure we can bypass the h.264/h.265 encoders/decoders and implement Prores and CinemaDNG in it.
Unfortunately, Ambarella doesn't sell products for personal developments, so it's quite impossible to have any reliable information if we're not a big company.

The Xilinx solutions are more open to public and so easier to develop. And I think they often embed some great available image processing algorithms.

I was thinking about developing a camera body using the Zenmuse X7 and a Xilinx Ultrascale+ but my image processing skills are too low, and it needs to have a really good knowledge of complex convolution methods.
Only the hardware (includeing the X7) would cost around 5000 to 6000 usd.
Building a developers and designers  team around such a project would cost a lot.
If I was developing it all by myself, it would cost me a loooooot of time.

At this price, I think, for me, it's better buying directly a Kinemax 6K camera. And to be honest, I think we should wait a little because the 6K is just an intermediate resolution and they are many research and developing around the 8K hardware and consumer products.
But it would cost so much in memory and computing for post-processing that for the moment, I will stay in the 4K domain. It's largely enough for my needs.
2017-12-6
Use props
sya
lvl.2

Russia

Negens Posted at 2017-12-6 15:20
I found the information in a Chinese website from a guy who disassembled the Inspire 2.
This Xilinx fpga can handle 4K@60fps, and we can push it more by losing fps, it means, 6k@30fps and 8K@15fps.

Thank you for such useful information.

Zynq UltraScale+ EV looks really great. I do not like the companies like Ambarella who do not open the information about their products for every developer. And I am happy to discover that DJI has chosen the right way.

I am pretty sure that new OSMO 2 will be announced before long. Actually they need to add not too big computational board to current OSMO like X5R has.
2017-12-6
Use props
Negens
lvl.1

Colombia

The Cinecore 2.0 board reminds me a lot some Enclustra boards. (The SK Hynix memories, the Atmel chips that can contain and verify serial number, etc...)
I wouldn't be surprised that Enclustra designed the Inspire 2 Cinecore 2.0 board.

The board is just like a computer motherboards to manage communication between a high data processing processors (Here a Xilinx) and peripherals (Sensors, controllers, memories, communication devices...)

Actually, the Ambarella H3 seems able to manage more datas than the Zynq UltraScale+.
The Zynq Ultrascale+ can manage 8K @15fps
The Ambarella can manage 8K @30fps

2017-12-8
Use props
fansa5b5bd72
New

United States

Negens Posted at 2017-11-22 07:33

yes likewise
2018-1-8
Use props
Missirkov
New

Bulgaria

Hello DJI,

Have you got any news about an Osmo-style handle for the X7?

I definitely need a handheld stabilized camera for a project I'll be shooting over the following months, and still cannot decide whether to wait longer for a X7 Osmo, or to go for a deal on a (clearly inferior) X5R Osmo I've been offered second-hand.

Thanks in advance for any info!
2018-3-2
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Missirkov Posted at 2018-3-2 07:05
Hello DJI,

Have you got any news about an Osmo-style handle for the X7?

YES, IDEM !
2018-3-9
Use props
KARL_
lvl.1

United States

Same, if at least the ronin s would be compatible with their own cameras
2018-3-9
Use props
fansa16a7728
New

Now I am using 15mm MFT lens with my Zenmuse X5r.What is the best available wide lens through which ee can get 11mm to 16mm wide which can be attached to Zenmuse X5r
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa16a7728 Posted at 2018-4-1 03:52
Now I am using 15mm MFT lens with my Zenmuse X5r.What is the best available wide lens through which ee can get 11mm to 16mm wide which can be attached to Zenmuse X5r

Here is the compatible list of the lens, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 is the widest lens, please purchase the third party lens which we have tested. GTScreenshot_20180402_184456.png
2018-4-2
Use props
Juan Francisco Calero
New

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 02:49
Here is the compatible list of the lens, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0 is the widest lens, please purchase the third party lens which we have tested.[view_image]

Forget it.
We are waiting for that since X5s. They said something will move, but they made nothing.
The same with X7.
Both las systems have the electronics as said in past posts inside the drone, so it is technically impossible to create a osmo like sollution.
The only sollution tu use X5s or X7s with gimball is to buy an Inspire 2, and use it as Gimball, or rebuild it as a gimball.  Never will appear something similar to an Osmo because the electronics are out. So an eventual new development for hand held will be not compatible with past osmos.
2018-4-2
Use props
Juan Francisco Calero
New

Spain

Hi, this is really interesting, thought about something similar. My situation is the same, I don't have enough knowledge... but the important is to know the phone of who knows it :-D
Maybe it is a project for crowdfunding involving engineers.
2018-4-2
Use props
Mark Rivera
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Is the future hear yet ?  Will the Zenmuse X7 work with the Osmo+ handle?
2018-5-13
Use props
FlyThroughFilms
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI, please can you let us know - now that we are a year on from the release of the X7, if there will be an OSMO version compatible with the X7 camera?
Thanks
2018-10-1
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2
United States

Still waiting for that Osmo 2 Pro that can use the X7 or X5S. The X7 has been out a while now and it would be so amazing to have that working on an Osmo.
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

robotfist Posted at 12-10 07:40
Still waiting for that Osmo 2 Pro that can use the X7 or X5S. The X7 has been out a while now and it would be so amazing to have that working on an Osmo.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we don't information if will release a different Osmo that would be compatible with our Zenmuse X7 or X5S.  We will forward your suggestion to our team for further help. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-10
Use props
droyx5
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 03:53
Sorry that Zenmuse X7 is only compatible with Inspire 2 at the moment, it will be compatible with more products in the future, please note the official release in our website, thank you.

Mindy stop lying, you know they'll never make a osmo for the x7 you guys don't care about that.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

droyx5 Posted at 12-24 09:20
Mindy stop lying, you know they'll never make a osmo for the x7 you guys don't care about that.

Hi droyx5, I apologize if there is any misunderstanding, but 'more products' doesn't mean Osmo handle, we have no info if the X7 will be available to Osmo one day, please note the future release, thank you.
2018-12-25
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

Looks like our prayers are finally going to be answered
2019-3-29
Use props
naesmac
lvl.1

United States

DarKSpirit Posted at 3-29 07:06
Looks like our prayers are finally going to be answered

Go on.... I was considering buying a second inspire 2 and hacking it to be handheld..
2019-4-4
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

If you can hold out til the end of the month, let's say the 23rd for example... it might be a good idea
2019-4-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DarKSpirit Posted at 4-4 11:03
If you can hold out til the end of the month, let's say the 23rd for example... it might be a good idea

And why is that? Can you elaborate (links)?
2019-4-5
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

I believe it would be forbidden to post leaks on this forum. But if you do a bit of googling, the article i saw was from the 19th of last month
2019-4-5
Use props
Kanga Blue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44754 ft

Australia

Legend! Thanks mate! :-)
2019-6-30
Use props
Kanga Blue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44754 ft

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-2 03:53
Sorry that Zenmuse X7 is only compatible with Inspire 2 at the moment, it will be compatible with more products in the future, please note the official release in our website, thank you.

Hi Mindy would you be so kind as to inform upper DjI management that a LOT of people and companies are interested in jumping into the DJi bandwagon in a big way wanting to use the Zenmuse X5S and X7 off  a drone... ie a new reliable Pro Osmo with extended battery life (even bigger is OK). Customers like me would then also buy an Inspire 2.

Right now the go seems to be a used Inspire 1 Drone with a use Osmo Pro and used X5 or other brands until you come out with current new solutions to cream the competition! I note your above response is nearly 2 years ago. Battling Robots isn't going to change the face of photography and filmaking! What we are asking for is!!
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kanga Blue Posted at 7-1 01:33
Hi Mindy would you be so kind as to inform upper DjI management that a LOT of people and companies are interested in jumping into the DJi bandwagon in a big way wanting to use the Zenmuse X5S and X7 off  a drone... ie a new reliable Pro Osmo with extended battery life (even bigger is OK). Customers like me would then also buy an Inspire 2.

Right now the go seems to be a used Inspire 1 Drone with a use Osmo Pro and used X5 or other brands until you come out with current new solutions to cream the competition! I note your above response is nearly 2 years ago. Battling Robots isn't going to change the face of photography and filmaking! What we are asking for is!!

We understand your concern, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your request will be forwarded again to our engineers. If there is any update, we will make it clear in our website.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules