Glad we have working RTH
1733 16 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

Funny thing. I went to take few more shots of ducks to my compilation after i charged my "falcon". But i forgot to charge phone - i suppose it was 15% not 45 of battery .

When i  moved dron above water.. my phone died. i was with my 6 month daughter sleeping in baby buggy (seen on vid), it was sunny but 8 degrees so water also cold and in this 10 seconds i didnt know -  cry or laugh (from my stupidy) Thankfully spark was charged and didnt want to land on duck,  rth worked as it should and i didnt set rth at current altitude (default 30m) and it could pass the tree.

Remember to charge your control devices guys.

2017-11-2
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Glad to hear the RTH worked for you.
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

But you were looking very sceptical, during the ascend of your Millenium Falcon
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-2 04:52
But you were looking very sceptical, during the ascend of your Millenium Falcon

yes, i was - i dont have dji care and didnt remember what height is on rth set and if it will be lucky return or i should jump in to water to catch it xD
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good thing it worked so well!
Think about pre flight checks next time
2017-11-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for the reminder.  I check to make sure my devices are above 50% before flight
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

" i suppose it was 15% not 45 of battery . "
For this not to happen, I changed my batt in the statusbar to a circle.
That "you" can see without glasses
2017-11-2
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

I'm a little confused here maybe someone else can shed some light on this. Here's my problem: with RTH at current altitude disabled, your spark should have laded where it was at the moment you lost the connection because as I see it, you were clearly within a 20m radius! See attached user manual screenshot...

so as far as I'm concerned, you got extremely lucky there mate ;)
RTH.png
2017-11-2
Use props
cosmic68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-2 07:25
I'm a little confused here maybe someone else can shed some light on this. Here's my problem: with RTH at current altitude disabled, your spark should have laded where it was at the moment you lost the connection because as I see it, you were clearly within a 20m radius! See attached user manual screenshot...

so as far as I'm concerned, you got extremely lucky there mate ;)

Yes this is my understanding too. It should have sunk in the pond, according to the manual.

I don't like that behaviour of landing if you are within a certain amount of distance to AC. I think RTH should be RTH-wherever you've set it.

Lucky escape there!
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

True, it was less than 20m and according to manual it should hover above water? that the reason i was so sceptical on video - i wondered if walk in to catch it. But he returned home luckly
2017-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cosmic68 Posted at 2017-11-2 07:44
Yes this is my understanding too. It should have sunk in the pond, according to the manual.

I don't like that behaviour of landing if you are within a certain amount of distance to AC. I think RTH should be RTH-wherever you've set it.

My guess looking at that video is he was further than 20 metres,
2017-11-2
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I've triggered RTH a number of times now testing some new range extenders... and with those Spark is over 1km out when RTH gets triggered.

I can say with confidence now that it does indeed work well, so long as you do the following:

- set the RTH altitude appropriately
- don't have any power plants or other sources of interference in the RTH path
- confirm your home point upon takeoff
- avoid flying far with a strong tailwind (otherwise RTH may not  make it back with a strong headwind)

I've also found that using a landing pad helps a lot with auto landing accuracy when on something non descriptive such as grass.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RTH can save your spark. But full preparation always makes things better.
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

medyq69 Posted at 2017-11-2 08:57
True, it was less than 20m and according to manual it should hover above water? that the reason i was so sceptical on video - i wondered if walk in to catch it. But he returned home luckly

Check your flight record, please
You flow it over he water, what is it tellin you about he distance?
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-2 20:44
Check your flight record, please
You flow it over he water, what is it tellin you about he distance?

I checked i uploaded logs from app  and flight log ends in time when phone turned off so above water and nothing about rth saved to mobile device. Distance traveled from start point to end of log 150+ feets in log previews and its path on map but i rounded tree and flown from one to another riverside making a video in tripod about 1 min so distance traveled from start is longer than in straight line from start point - atm i can only check distance manualy od google maps xD..

So now question according to your keynote - is this according to manual 20m a straight line or path from start? if u made few ciircles above head and traveled in total 90feets  (30m) but dron is about 10m from us in straight line - as distance mentioned in manual is counted 30m ot 10m?

But no matter how it was in that case - important was that i didnt check phone so remember about preparing
2017-11-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

The app gives you both:
Aftual.distance to home point and traveled distance dueing this flight (till phone shut down, of course)
So there should be a number, how far away the app /bird thought, it was from homepoint

Screenshot_20171103-145258_01.jpg
2017-11-2
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Poland

and that was main problem - i dont have this flight in flight logs on my GO app, like recorded video also - not saved on device prev and in app - this current flight data and recorded video can be downloaded only from sd card (i got it at home) but cant be seen/preview in app i will try upload it one more time to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ - maybe there will find distance i missed?
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules