Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

Using the P4P how big of a picture can i print a shot and what setting is the best?

Thank you all for the help.
2017-11-2
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I use 4k for all my photos.  The "size" I have used so far is 6 feet by 4 feet canvas banner and had really good resolution.
The "quality" of course also is taken in to consideration who is printing and with what quality printing equipment they are printing from.  41 days till we cross the pond.  Magbayanihanan!!! (as they say in Eat Bulaga)

P.S. if you need any small DJI equipment brough from the U.S. to the PH, let me know.  I could bring it with me and meet you somewhere in Manila if you like.
2017-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-2 10:21
I use 4k for all my photos.  The "size" I have used so far is 6 feet by 4 feet canvas banner and had really good resolution.
The "quality" of course also is taken in to consideration who is printing and with what quality printing equipment they are printing from.  41 days till we cross the pond.  Magbayanihanan!!! (as they say in Eat Bulaga)

I use 4k for all my photos.

If you are taking your images from 4K video, that's not the best way if you are intending to print big.
You will get significantly larger images shooting 3:2 stills than using video.
3:2 Aspect Ratio Stills: 5472 × 3648 = 20MP
4K Video 4096×2160 = 8.8MP
2017-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

A client had four 40 inch prints made from some of my photos and they look great on their office wall
2017-11-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool, thanks for the answers and this just want me to get an Obsidian more and more.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Must be great to have that on your wall
(a large print taken from above!)
2017-11-2
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-2 13:57
I use 4k for all my photos.

If you are taking your images from 4K video, that's not the best way if you are intending to print big.

WOW.  I guess Office Depot must be miracle workers.  I purposely went to 4k because the last banners I had printed were pixalized.  I guess I should throw away the banners I just had printed and start from scratch then since my vision seems to be telling me different.
2017-11-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-2 16:35
Cool, thanks for the answers and this just want me to get an Obsidian more and more.

You and me both.  -Just gotta get past Christmas so it doesn't look like I'm being selfish, hahaha
2017-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-3 11:26
WOW.  I guess Office Depot must be miracle workers.  I purposely went to 4k because the last banners I had printed were pixalized.  I guess I should throw away the banners I just had printed and start from scratch then since my vision seems to be telling me different.

If you are taking stills from video, you are missing a lot of the potential of the camera.
The numbers from the specs tell you everything you need to know
4K Video 4096×2160 = 8.8MP

If you want to work with a smaller original image, go and take stills from video.
If you want the biggest possible image to work with, allowing for possible cropping etc, then shooting 3:2 stills is the way to go.
2017-11-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-3 17:02
If you are taking stills from video, you are missing a lot of the potential of the camera.
The numbers from the specs tell you everything you need to know

O.k., o.k... you win.
Sorry for coloring outside the borders here.  Next time I have a different opinion I will keep it to myself.  My deepest apologies, I forgot the rules of this page, "Captain".
2017-11-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-4 03:53
O.k., o.k... you win.
Sorry for coloring outside the borders here.  Next time I have a different opinion I will keep it to myself.  My deepest apologies, I forgot the rules of this page, "Captain".

Don't be so melodramatic.
Express whatever opinion you like but expect it to be challenged when it's questionable.
I'm not talking opinions ... just simple facts and numbers.
If you want to print big, you need to start with the biggest image you can get.
Giving away more than 50% of your possible image size before you start isn't a great idea.

You can do whatever you like but I'm putting the facts here so gullible people don't get the wrong idea.
2017-11-4
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Might I suggest the rule I used as a pro photographer. If you would be happy with teh quality and size that is printed and would put it on your own wall then you can pretty much guarantee a client will be happy with it. As for quality and sizes, there are so many different factors. Already mentioned and so important is who prints it. A good quality printer can upsize easily , and uses good quality paper and inks. The shooting of the image in terms of shutter speed, ISO and of course the lens. The editing software and your own experience with it. Lots and lots of things more too. In the end it you turn pro quality will be your constant companion and it will all be second nature.
2017-11-4
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-4 04:51
Don't be so melodramatic.
Express whatever opinion you like but expect it to be challenged when it's questionable.
I'm not talking opinions ... just simple facts and numbers.

Oh please... "melodramatic"?
Are you now reverting to childish word games just because I didn't bow to your suggestive "i'm right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong" responses?
I am sorry that my results offend you and differ from what you claim regarding 4K resolution, however I will not tolerate insults and attacks on my character.  Any further behavior as such will be directed towards Admin.
2017-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-5 20:08
Oh please... "melodramatic"?
Are you now reverting to childish word games just because I didn't bow to your suggestive "i'm right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong" responses?
I am sorry that my results offend you and differ from what you claim regarding 4K resolution, however I will not tolerate insults and attacks on my character.  Any further behavior as such will be directed towards Admin.

Keep your shirt on, he is pointing out straight facts that show clearly a 3:2 still is of higher resolution than a 4K frame grab.
2017-11-7
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-11-7 13:56
Keep your shirt on, he is pointing out straight facts that show clearly a 3:2 still is of higher resolution than a 4K frame grab.

Yes, I got that.  
Its when they start playing the "talking down" game is when they discredit themselves and I have zero tolerance for it, as does DJI Admin.  I'm just asking him to act like an adult.  This isn't a playground for little kids to see who's the smartest, its an open forum.  I can't imagine asking him to speak respectfully without being condesending as being an over-burdensome request.
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules