Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 App Crashing
12Next >
26703 51 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robarias
New

United States

I have an iphone 8+ running iOS 11.1, mavic pro, dji go 4 app version 4.1.15.  The app keeps crashing about 1-2 minutes into the flight.  If the app does not crash I can use it as normal except when I start a video I lose camera controls.  The drone will keep recording however I have to restart the app, after disconecting from the phone.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled, I have reset all settings on my phone, and lastly I have formatted my sd card on the drone.  I have emailed the DJI support and no response for days.  If I use my friends androind phone there is no issue.  I am thinking this is an iOS issue with the app?  Anyone else have a similar experience and any solutions I should try?
2017-11-2
Use props
robarias
New

United States

Fixed!  Ok so having spent the better part of the afternoon trying multiple solutions here is what has worked for my ipad pro 10.5 and iPhone 8+ both running ios 11.1 and DJO go app version 4.1.15.

Step by step guide, needs to be followed in order or it seems to not work:

- Delete dji app from ios device
- reboot device
- reinstall app
-reboot device
- turn on mavic
- Open app and connect to controller
- turn on controller
- when ready, select "enter device"
- go to the camera tab under settings in the dji app, and select "reset camera settings"
- go to the custom controls area and set the "C1" to not identified.  Basically leave the c1 setting blank.
- Go and fly...
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thanks for your update, glad to hear that you've got it resolved, wish you have a great time on flying! BTW, could you please provide me with your ticket number? I'd like to have a look.
2017-11-2
Use props
fansb316bd67
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-2 20:03
Thanks for your update, glad to hear that you've got it resolved, wish you have a great time on flying! BTW, could you please provide me with your ticket number? I'd like to have a look.

how is that resolving a problem, looks to me we just have a cover up and can't use the c1 button. can you guys please fix this the right way so we can use ALL the features we pay to much money to have to do stuff like this to fly our drone COME ON NOW DJI
2017-11-4
Use props
fansb316bd67
New
United States

robarias Posted at 2017-11-2 15:37
Fixed!  Ok so having spent the better part of the afternoon trying multiple solutions here is what has worked for my ipad pro 10.5 and iPhone 8+ both running ios 11.1 and DJO go app version 4.1.15.

this did not work for me as soon as i open the app and click on enter device boom it freezes, and thats after i did every step you said to do. thanks anyways.  
2017-11-4
Use props
fans66e6ac70
lvl.1

United States

Thank you!!!!  This was driving me nuts.
2017-11-7
Use props
Zala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2591499 ft
Malaysia

Tried the method and it worked with one condition. I can't record in 1080p.
After a few trials, I found that by resetting your camera setting, your video quality will be automatically set to 2.7k. This work fine and same goes with 4k and 720p.
Whenever I changed the video quality to 1080p, it will freeze again.
2017-11-7
Use props
Pa1nter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417612 ft
Australia

I went to fly my phantom 4 pro this morning with my samsung tab as usual but after around 3 minutes into the flights the app crashes,i restart the app but still disconnected,all i can do is hit return to home.after a couple of attempts to film after driving 55 minutes from home,i have to put the phantom away and pull out my mavic with samsung 7 phone.Lucky i had a backup,not cool
2017-11-25
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI Guys
I just had this flying Spark it was fine the first time I tried it, I think I may have found a possible cause, when I started the app prior to re-install I got a message asking if I wanted to record audio and allow access to the IPhone mic (IPhone 6) so I just said yes (not sure why!) and from then on in it kept crashing, I have the spark combo and luckily its still flyable from the controller so I can just start the app back up.

So I did a re-install to start from fresh and decided to try again but this time I turned of the record audio feature as I did get messages saying the mobile device cpu is overloaded = my thinking is that its not the app that is crashing per se but its IOS shutting it down as it is using too many resources (it has eaten my battery quite severely during this testing more than when using the DJI GO for the P3P.

So maybe its the record audio function that is causing heavy memory use after I switched this off it seems to be ok (it could just be coincidence mind) but I guess the mic is always on and if the app is recording at the same time as trying to record cached copies of video and control the drone with wifi it could just be too much all at the same time for my IPhone 6 to handle (is this an excuse for me to get a new phone!)

Hope this helps as a possible cure

P

Edit

After doing all this the problem came back but now with the Mavic (starting flying her for a bit and looked ok then crash!)

I flew the spark for a while having thought it was sorted and had no issues but then when I used the editor I noticed the crashing (also the phone got pretty hot maybe there is a memory leak with the app?)

Anyway re-installed it a further time (on my money, I was in a foreign country away from WIFI so burnt loads of data!) and it appears to be ok for now

2017-12-2
Use props
fansdfb5a31d
New
Flight distance : 304724 ft
United States

Same here. I have iPhone 7plus and apps (with the latest firmware at this point) crashes like crazy.  Very annoying   Tuning seems to start happening when they added the pop quiz.  I couldn’t even finish the quiz because it  crashes as I was taking it.  Any input will be appreciated.
2017-12-3
Use props
Guilherme Arthu
New

Brazil

I had the same problem as @Schmooit .
However I'm running in brand new installation of an iPhone 8+ and the app also crashed during the firmware installation.
I fixed my problem with these steps:
- cleaning the Video Cache
- disabling video cache
- restarting the app

After that I was able to update my firmware and reactivate Video Cache feature.

As far as I see, it's a cache migration problem.
Because I had a few videos in my previous phone, which, after the Apple migration, they were not there.
Maybe it keeps trying to search for the ghost files and crash it.
=)
2017-12-3
Use props
Gyroguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I too am having the same problem app crashes after a couple minutes if I’m lucky. I’m useing a I pad mini. After reinstalling it still crashes even when not connected to drone. Hopefully a new update will come out soon to fix the last updates problems.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansb789e3cc
New
United States

Having the same issue. Took my first flight today with no issues.  Recharged the battery, went out again. Now the app crashes every two minutes while flying, which in unnerving.

Using an iPhone 7+, fully updated software and app.

DJI Diana — this really shouldn’t be a user driven fix, IMO.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans5c34fc29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5534465 ft
  • >>>
India

Change ipad or iphone date to November
Its working for me
2017-12-3
Use props
CONNOR PICTURES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1265876 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue. I too have and iPad and an iPhone 8+ and have done all the things you have done and nothing has fixed the issue.  If I loose my drones because of this issue I wonder if DJI will reimburse.  I use more drones for business. Frustrated.
2017-12-3
Use props
elongoria
New
Flight distance : 9117 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. I have tried everything on this thread. Deleted the app, reinstalled, reset camera settings, etc... still keeps crashing. Soooooo annoying. It seems to crash faster when I’m in the “Editor” tab. Perhaps its some sort of  video cache issue. Someone please help. I want to fly my mavic but scared to do so after my app keeps crashing every 30 seconds.. Ugh!!

Using an iphone 7.
Mavic Pro
DJI go 4 app
2017-12-3
Use props
CONNOR PICTURES
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1265876 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5c34fc29 Posted at 2017-12-3 15:51
Its working for me

I did this date change and presto! It worked! No more crashing!  Thanks for posting this!  I hope DJI fixes this issue soon.
2017-12-3
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is a temporary fix at best. I believe that it is more of a cache issue than an app issue. I tried the method you spoke of and lost more than 40 minutes of flight data. You can achieve the same results by merely keeping up with clearing your cache, ultimately that is what the method you spoke of does, clears your cache.

You should never have to delete your app as a fix. I am hoping that the cache issue is something that DJI is working on because this is a common issue among DJI pilots. When it happens again, see if you can resolve it by clearing your cache. I know that there is a setting that automatically clears it at a specified limit, but in my experience, when it gets close to those limits, I experience the app instability.

Feel free to check out my "fix" thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-122219-1-1.html Hope this helps!

PS - There is a iOS 11.2 update, hear it resolves some issue with the DJI Go 4 app as well...
2017-12-3
Use props
elongoria
New
United States

Change your iphone date to November and it works perfectly fine like Connor mentioned. I hope DJI fixes this soon.
2017-12-3
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

I'm having the same issue.
It's becoming quite annoying.

I've tried doing all the re-installs etc without success.
Haven't tried the date change yet, however even if that works, it's just a bandaid fix.
2017-12-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lifedownunder Posted at 2017-12-4 13:50
I'm having the same issue.
It's becoming quite annoying.

Update your Apple device to IOS 11.2 then reinstall the GO 4 - fixed it for me.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans5f15040e
lvl.1
United States

I have had this same issue.  Saturday night I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and it all worked.  Today it was back to crashing after 2 minutes of use.  I found the info about deleting the video cache and haven't had any issues yet.  But now I see that possibly updating the iOS to 11.2 might help as well, so I'm in the middle of doing that  Once it's updated I will turn the cache back on and see if it still works.

Hopefully DJI figures out one solid fix and gets it out to the masses.
2017-12-4
Use props
qh16m3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54226 ft
United States

fans5c34fc29 Posted at 2017-12-3 15:51
Its working for me

This worked for me. I set the date to 11.1.2017 and the app has not crashed since. Prior to that, it crashed every 45-60 seconds using iPhone 6s+, iPad Pro and iPhone X.
2017-12-4
Use props
Troy Elliott
New

Australia

Mine is crashing all the time, absolute garbage!!

Just updating phone to latest software and will see what’s happening. If not, I’m taking it back and will get my money back as I’m not spending this much money to have to cut corners to make things work...... especially putting the wrong date in my phone! Madness
2017-12-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be clear - the latest GO 4 app version 4.1.18 is designed to work with IOS 11.2. If you’re using an earlier IOS version, even 11.1.2, your app WILL CRASH again, whether or not you clear the video cache or change the date. Update or don’t fly. Apple are actually the root cause of this blunder as the need to update the iPhone rather than a new app DJI app version fixes the app crashing...
2017-12-5
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

Almost the same issue, but it crashes in no matter what mode i use the app. Like reviewing footage, stiching 360 pano, recording, moving settings, after "X" amount of time the app will just close. it did it while i was flying, it did it while i was at home trying to find a solution.

Again, deleted, re download it, NOTHING changed.

apparently we all are suffering from the "latest" update and will be stuck until the next update, huh?

Great!
2017-12-5
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Alansin , did you , uninstall dji go 4 app, then download fw 11.2(not using 11.1.2) then re install dji go 4 app?
2017-12-5
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I meant ios 11.2( not 11.1.2)
2017-12-5
Use props
fans23caef16
New
Flight distance : 1010 ft

United States

Had same problem with DJI go 4 app crashing in about a minute on iPhone 7 no matter what.  I up graded to iOS 11.2 and it seems to have corrected the issue.

However in the chaos I reloaded DJI go 4 app and lost flight history.  It there anyway to recover it, I really need if for work varification.
2017-12-5
Use props
fans9a4cbfdd
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem ... flying my Spark but the app kept crashing. I updated my iPhone to iOS 11.2 this morning and ... TAH-DAH! Fixed the problem ... no more app crashing.
2017-12-5
Use props
elongoria
New
United States

elongoria Posted at 2017-12-3 17:06
I’m having the same issue. I have tried everything on this thread. Deleted the app, reinstalled, reset camera settings, etc... still keeps crashing. Soooooo annoying. It seems to crash faster when I’m in the “Editor” tab. Perhaps its some sort of  video cache issue. Someone please help. I want to fly my mavic but scared to do so after my app keeps crashing every 30 seconds.. Ugh!!

Using an iphone 7.

Downloaded the lasted ios update and it fixed the issue.
2017-12-5
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

update that iOS to 11.2 . it will fix the problem.
2017-12-6
Use props
elongoria
New
United States

elongoria Posted at 2017-12-5 23:19
Downloaded the lasted ios update and it fixed the issue.

Downloaded the latest ios update and it fixed the issue.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans86f9fd59
New
Flight distance : 143215 ft
United States

My app started doing this yesterday, ironically it started after a 4 mile packing trip into the wilderness so I wasn’t able to read any posts about it. (Had no service)
I also missed out on some prime aerials.
I’m going to try your fix, now....fingers crossed for me.
2017-12-10
Use props
fans86f9fd59
New
Flight distance : 143215 ft
United States

My app is crashing after a few seconds no matter what I’m doing.  I don’t even have to be flying.  I can’t even view my album in the app without it closing down.
Basically I’m grounded AND can’t even use editor.

Help????
2017-12-10
Use props
fans257b3b68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549711 ft
United States

fans86f9fd59 Posted at 2017-12-10 13:03
My app is crashing after a few seconds no matter what I’m doing.  I don’t even have to be flying.  I can’t even view my album in the app without it closing down.

I would add my experience with DJI Go 4 App crashing.

I run a Phantom 4 Pro. DJI Go 4 ver 4.1.18. IPad Pro 10.5 (newly purchased) with iOS 11.1.2 and cellular,

Two flights on Thanksgiving were flown without incident. There were nag screens that popped up inviting me to take the DJI “knowledge Quiz”. I clicked “skip” a couple of times. On December 1st I prepared for another flight. Air temp was about 45 deg F. The Knowledge Quiz screen popped up and would not be skipped anymore. I was forced to take the quiz, which I passed easily. A minute later, just before my launch, the App crashed. I restarted it and it seemed fine. I launched and a minute later it crashed again.

I got so mad that I shut the Phantom off, synced my flight data and deleted the App. I tried to download from the App Store, but it would not download over cellular. Then I remembered that I had Litchi. I flew two flights with Litchi and everything worked as it should, although I have not used Litchi very much and am not familiar with it.

What this all told me was that something had happened to the DJI Go 4 App between Thanksgiving and December 1st. Nothing else had changed. When I got home and accessed WiFi I downloaded and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 App, I flew three flights on December 2nd with the exact same equipment and had no issues.

At no time did I reset any camera settings or delete any buffers, but that data is deleted when you delete the App.
2017-12-10
Use props
Mimoid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1098940 ft
Sweden

fans86f9fd59 Posted at 2017-12-10 13:03

Started for me too, just like a week ago - app kept crashing every 20-30 seconds on my iPad 2017. I landed but the app kept crashing also while looking at the flight records. I uninstalled DJI Go 4 and reinstalled. I then performed one successful 14 minute flight without crashes, but as soon as I synchronized my flight records, the crashes came back. Now I have again reinstalled the app, and also turned off the Cache During Video Shooting feature, as I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with it.

So far, still no crashes. I will later today perform another test flight and see if the crashes come back.

EDIT: Yes, turning off the video caching seems to have solved the issue. No more crashes. Yaaay!

2017-12-11
Use props
fans95489307
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494170 ft
Italy

Guilherme Arthu Posted at 2017-12-3 13:41
I had the same problem as @Schmooit .
However I'm running in brand new installation of an iPhone 8+ and the app also crashed during the firmware installation.
I fixed my problem with these steps:

Me too, same problem
and clear video cache is working for me!
Thanks for suggestion.

App DJI GO 4 v.4.1.18 crash after about 1 minute from start, with and without connection to Spark or Mavic or Phantom4!!

I use
iPhone 7  iOs 11.1.2
and iPadPro iOs 11.1.2
2017-12-11
Use props
Osage Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78317 ft
United States

Updated to iOS 11.2 and it fixed my crashing issue.....(iPhone se & Mavic Pro Platinum)
2017-12-12
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.2

United States

Upgrade to 11.2...that is the issue!
2017-12-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules