26704 51 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haggen Kennedy
lvl.3
Brazil

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-12-12 07:50
Upgrade to 11.2...that is the issue!

That is most definitely not the issue, at least it wasn't for me (and from what I've read, it wasn't for many people, either). I'm happy it worked for you, but it didn't cut it for me.

After doing some research, I've read (and watched videos of) a lot of people stating the real issue is the Video Cache. Once you delete the video cache, and (most importantly) turn Video Cache OFF, it will solve the problem. I've just done that now, so I need to get out in the field and test this out. Some people have claimed it hasn't worked for them, but they don't mention what they were using (Android, iOS etc.). We'll see if that solution holds for me, then I'll come back and post what my experience was.
2017-12-15
Use props
AndyFine
New
Vietnam

Haggen Kennedy Posted at 2017-12-15 06:16
That is most definitely not the issue, at least it wasn't for me (and from what I've read, it wasn't for many people, either). I'm happy it worked for you, but it didn't cut it for me.

After doing some research, I've read (and watched videos of) a lot of people stating the real issue is the Video Cache. Once you delete the video cache, and (most importantly) turn Video Cache OFF, it will solve the problem. I've just done that now, so I need to get out in the field and test this out. Some people have claimed it hasn't worked for them, but they don't mention what they were using (Android, iOS etc.). We'll see if that solution holds for me, then I'll come back and post what my experience was.

But then we all lose the convenience of being able to edit footage right from the app? Does anyone fly with third party apps they'd recommend as a replacement?
2017-12-15
Use props
TomRodriguez
New
United States

AndyFine Posted at 2017-12-15 21:21
But then we all lose the convenience of being able to edit footage right from the app? Does anyone fly with third party apps they'd recommend as a replacement?

Litchi is a good alternative.
2017-12-17
Use props
fansb79b5177
New
United States

Mine crashes over and over and I have the latest Apple software, when are they going to fix this, I just bought the Mavic and a spark, I need this to work.
2017-12-17
Use props
the todd
New
United States

The app works about as well as this forum, not very good, maybe they need to replace there software developers
2017-12-17
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

I did the update to IOS 11.2 on my IPAD Air 2 and the crashing stopped. Just for safety sake I cleared the cache after reading this thread and turned the video cache off. It’s working great at this time.
2017-12-18
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has happened for me many times and a re-install does seem to do the trick, I agree that turning of the Video cash might solve the issue but at the expense of a quick edit of a video on site (handy to see if you are happy with the footage or if the colours etc... are off you can perform another sortie (if you have enough battery!)

The crashing for me did not seem to be flight related it happened just using the app to view video and I think there is some form of memory leak issue as it appears as if the phone itself was suffering from lack of RAM and the app then closes/crashes (it seems completely random also, I have re-installed 3 times now and it works for so long and then starts crashing again)

The app crashes without being in flight mode but does appear to happen after a flight has been performed since re-install (I made the mistake of installing before syncing too so lots some data and logs!)

Its annoying and whilst all the workarounds are kinda helpful we need DJI to Find the causes and fix it sharpish before an accident occurs whilst someone is in flight, it wont do much for the safety and publicity of the safety of drones if it doesn't get fixed, maybe if they read these forums they might be able to ask us for phone logs etc...

I've never had the issue with the DJI Go app and they are both on the same device(s) and know not running at the same time,  I try to switch all other apps off when flying to conserve memory and battery/notification interruptions.

Hope a fix is out soon it make me nervous using the MAVIC PP (Spark I'm not so bothered about as its not as expensive but still a big dent in the wallet if I binned it cause the app crashed or I hit a person!)

2017-12-21
Use props
Rcillizza
New
Flight distance : 128 ft
United States

robarias Posted at 2017-11-2 15:37
Fixed!  Ok so having spent the better part of the afternoon trying multiple solutions here is what has worked for my ipad pro 10.5 and iPhone 8+ both running ios 11.1 and DJO go app version 4.1.15.

Step by step guide, needs to be followed in order or it seems to not work:

Recently I've been having the same problem with my Phantom 4 pro using the iPad mini 4 with controller. I'm going to give your steps a try. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it will work for me too, as I have no confidence with DJI customer support.  
2017-12-24
Use props
H. Kennedy
lvl.3
Brazil

Haggen Kennedy Posted at 2017-12-15 06:16

After doing some research, I've read (and watched videos of) a lot of people stating the real issue is the Video Cache. Once you delete the video cache, and (most importantly) turn Video Cache OFF, it will solve the problem. I've just done that now, so I need to get out in the field and test this out. Some people have claimed it hasn't worked for them, but they don't mention what they were using (Android, iOS etc.). We'll see if that solution holds for me, then I'll come back and post what my experience was.

As promised on Dec 15th 2017, I'm back to report (happily) that what I did worked: I went to options and clicked "Clear Video Cache" at first; but then I just turned Video Cache off altogether (leave the option "Cache During Video Shooting" off).

It's now Jan 5, 2018, and I've flown on many occasions since Dec 15th 2017. The app hasn't crashed once [*angels sing in the background*]. DJI has also released an update just a couple of days ago, and still no crashes. So what did it for me was turning the Video Cache off.

To me the problem was the app itself. It did not matter whether the Mavic was on. I'd open the app, and about one minute after that, it would crash, no matter what I did or didn't do (trying to click buttons or change the current screen didn't matter). The Mavic didn't even need to be on. I'd delete and reinstall the app, and it would work at first, but if I flew a second time, it would crash again. It was getting very tiresome to delete and reinstall the app every time I concluded a flight. Especially because when you're out in the field there's no wifi, and Apple won't let you download apps larger than 250 MB -- just great! Nevermind that I have unlimited Internet, Apple won't let me download what I want. So I was restricted to one-flight missions. If the battery ended, I couldn't switch to another, as the app would begin to crash if I tried to get the Mavic up in the air again. I had to go home, delete the app, download it again -- on Wifi -- and then go out in the field to fly. Unacceptable. Fortunately turning the Video Cache Off worked for me.

And yes, that would leave users without the benefit of editing footage right from the app. In my case, I didn't/don't mind it, as I never do it anyway. I'll only use Adobe Premiere Pro at home, so that was never an issue for me, and I will very happily trade a feature I don't use anyway for getting the ability to fly multiple times again. But for those who like doing quick edits out in the field, it will be a disappointment.

I use an iPhone 7 256 Gb (the regular version, not the plus), but I believe the Video Cache solution works for Android as well -- since I got the idea precisely from people using Android phones on YouTube.

I hope my experience may be able to help someone.
2018-1-5
Use props
djiuser_6zKw3gADUMwQ
New
Flight distance : 131604 ft

United Kingdom

I have a Samsung galaxy S7 and the latest app but every time I plug the controller in my app crashes and it goes to my home screen, there was a breif time where it said controller connection problem or something along those lines but I can fly without my phone??? Any help would be appreciated TIA!
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_6zKw3gADUMwQ
New
Flight distance : 131604 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_6zKw3gADUMwQ Posted at 11-10 04:14
I have a Samsung galaxy S7 and the latest app but every time I plug the controller in my app crashes and it goes to my home screen, there was a breif time where it said controller connection problem or something along those lines but I can fly without my phone??? Any help would be appreciated TIA!

The drone is a Mavic Pro
2018-11-10
Use props
Bo photography
lvl.1

Belgium

HELP!!!!!!!

My Go 4 app crashed when I come to enter device , or trying to scan. Its on a samsung Galaxy S5,  Android 5 (used to work like a charm). I downgraded apk mirror site to the Go 4:   4.2.12.  (Mavic air safe I read in a post)
I have no password or fingerprint screen lock on. Disabled it.  I have disabled auto update.

The drone is updated with assistant 2 to v01.00.560

An update of Flyzone database is constantly poping up. IF I try to download it everything crashes or locks. I have noticed I can ignore the update.

Please can anyone guide me to this problem as I am turning crazy of days of work and retries.

2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules