Downloading Cache images
15282 14 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8963ce3f
New
Flight distance : 217674 ft
United States

I'm a newbie, I am having problems figuring out how to download my cache images and videos from the controller to my computer. I have a mac desktop, if that helps...
Any insight on this would be helpful.
TIA!
2017-11-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Is there any particular reason you want to access the cache images and video? The quality of them is quite poor, trhe real copies are on the SD card in the aircraft, and those ones are full quality. But if you really want the cached images, then connect your phone to the computer and use iTunes to access them.
2017-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And to get the real images, remove te SD card, put it in a $3 usb adapter and copy to your computer.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can export cached videos through iTunes: Go to Media Device – Applications – DJI GO – Video Cache – and click Save.
2017-11-2
Use props
fans8963ce3f
New
United States

How can I keep my photos and videos from going default to the cache? I would rather they just go straight to my sd card.
2017-11-4
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fans8963ce3f Posted at 2017-11-4 07:48
How can I keep my photos and videos from going default to the cache? I would rather they just go straight to my sd card.

Pictures and videos will go to the SD card anyway, in full resolution as chosen in the App. If you want to do without the cache, you can disable it in the App.
2017-11-4
Use props
fans8963ce3f
New
United States

I can't find a way to access the cache at all, other than clear it. The photos are not going automatically to my sd card, I don't know why, they were before. I tried connecting my controller to my mac and iTunes, and my mac and iTunes both cannot see my controller. Any thoughts on this? I'm getting very frustrated, because no one seems to know the answer to this, even DJI support is no help.
2017-11-4
Use props
djiuser_wvrkMjVmXOd2
New

United Kingdom

fans8963ce3f Posted at 2017-11-4 08:52
I can't find a way to access the cache at all, other than clear it. The photos are not going automatically to my sd card, I don't know why, they were before. I tried connecting my controller to my mac and iTunes, and my mac and iTunes both cannot see my controller. Any thoughts on this? I'm getting very frustrated, because no one seems to know the answer to this, even DJI support is no help.

I bet it has something to do with the type of SD card you used. I just encountered a major upset while on vacation in Seychelles. I didnt know that the SD card should have a U with a 3 in the middle not a 1. I actually had no idea that there was such a thing until i figured it out the hard way. Lucky i caught it with a few days left and still managed to get some good footage. now i have a bunch of low grade footage from the cached items i am trying to figure out how to transfer to my mac for editing.
2019-4-12
Use props
rafaelmyname
New

Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-2 19:31
You can export cached videos through iTunes: Go to Media Device – Applications – DJI GO – Video Cache – and click Save.

And where can i see cached Pictures?
2020-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use a micro sd card for best results
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_1hMgvzC6LdIz
New

United States

fans8963ce3f Posted at 2017-11-4 08:52
I can't find a way to access the cache at all, other than clear it. The photos are not going automatically to my sd card, I don't know why, they were before. I tried connecting my controller to my mac and iTunes, and my mac and iTunes both cannot see my controller. Any thoughts on this? I'm getting very frustrated, because no one seems to know the answer to this, even DJI support is no help.

Did you figure it out ? I'm having this issue as well.  Cache are on phone but not on my SD card or internal memeory
2020-11-26
Use props
Емануил Стоманов
New

Costa Rica

I lost my drone so the cache pictures are all i have from my trip. How do I download them with best quality possible?
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_ptDl4bPVOEHo
New

United States

Емануил Стоманов Posted at 2021-11-13 13:59
I lost my drone so the cache pictures are all i have from my trip. How do I download them with best quality possible?

I have a similar issue - I didn't know what the "format" button was in the DJI app and deleted every thing from my sd card... and thoughts on how I can recover these? Or is downloading quality cache my best option?
2022-3-11
Use props
dronemagics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179767 ft
Hungary

djiuser_ptDl4bPVOEHo Posted at 2022-3-11 09:31
I have a similar issue - I didn't know what the "format" button was in the DJI app and deleted every thing from my sd card... and thoughts on how I can recover these? Or is downloading quality cache my best option?

No solution since then ?
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_ZwjG9OUCPFSX
New
Flight distance : 35344 ft
Netherlands

I've managed to retrieve Cached videos from my DJI RC after losing my drone. Drone as well as the card itself (obviously) was lost during my trip. Luckily, I could see the videos in the Aircraft Album of DJI RC. Following steps are performed on a Mac but if you can mount the SD Card on a Linux or a Windows machine, it will be the same procedure with subtle (OS related) changes.
Here is how I recovered files...

1. Eject the SD Card from the RC and mount it on Mac
2. Card is mounted as "/Volumes/ Untitled" on my Mac but it can be different on yours. If that's the case, replace /Volumes/Untitled with your mountpoint for the following steps
3. Open Finder app on your Mac and browse to directory    /Volumes/Untitled/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches/
          (in case you cannot find your videos under this directory run the following command in Terminal app to find the location of your cached videos;          $ find /Volumes/Untitled/ -type f -name "*.mp4"
4. Copy cached videos from this directory to your liking (I copied under Downloads)

2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules