Abandoned P 3 owners
571 3 2017-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans63a221f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15230 ft
United States

It appears that dji has abandoned P 3 owners . Many of  us P 3 owners have an expensive drone which we can no longer use for it’s intended purpose, i.e. photography or even for just fun flying. I have not been able to get assistance from dji except for their offer for me to send it back for repair, for a charge, of course. I know that the latest firmware update 1.11.0020 has affected my signal strength to the point where I cant use the camera for navigation or video due to a lag in the reception. This is very disappointing considering the cost of the aircraft and the age, less than 18 months old. I have not been able to find a cure for the problem even though I have scoured the forum.
2017-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I cant use the camera for navigation or video due to a lag in the reception.  ..... I have not been able to find a cure for the problem even though I have scoured the forum.

Lagging is usually due to running the app on a device that doesn't have the power to do it properly.
Have you tried upgrading your phone or tablet to a more capable model?
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-11-2 17:14
I cant use the camera for navigation or video due to a lag in the reception.  ..... I have not been able to find a cure for the problem even though I have scoured the forum.

Lagging is usually due to running the app on a device that doesn't have the power to do it properly.

If you could get your hands on an iPad Air2 Cellular that problematic flight situation could be eleviated.

Not sure why your chosen device isn't giving you everything we require in a paired device, but as Labroides mentioned, your device is likely the culprit here.  Try a different one, to see...
Please report back with your findings. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As discussed above, the lagging is related with your mobile device and flying environment directly. Changing to another recommended mobile will be helpful to verify the exact status.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules