Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IPhone X not working with DJI GO4 / Mavic
685029 685029 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2386772 ft
Australia

Hi can anyone please help me, when I connect  my X to the mavic my phone screen has live view but nothing but the camera/video button showing and this button isn’t responsive! I’ve tried swiping down the screen with two fingers but it is totally unresponsive and the app crashes, I have reinstalled app several times and it all works fine with my iPad or iPhone 6s. When the remote is on with only the phone plugged in and on the app works as normal, connect the mavic and the app plays up. Does anyone have any suggestions please
2017-11-3
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Did you update to iOS 11.1 after initial setup?
2017-11-3
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI GO 4 doesn't recognize your face!  Is it registered :-)
2017-11-3
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

For the standard iPhone8, there have been lots of posts telling folks to connect the phone to the remote by using the USB port under where the phone is mounted instead of that mini on the side of the remote.  Folks have had a lot of success by simply using that connection.
2017-11-3
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks guys yes phone is up to date and have tried the bottom usb and still have problem but thanks for the ideas any other ideas?
2017-11-3
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Yeah I found it doesn’t work with the iPhone X yet. I’m keeping my old 6s+ around for that reason
2017-11-3
Use props
fansf099facd
lvl.1
United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-3 13:53
Yeah I found it doesn’t work with the iPhone X yet. I’m keeping my old 6s+ around for that reason

Hi there I've been reading your thread here.  And well I'm having some of the same issues, but with my iPhone 7 plus.  The interface comes up for the flight app and I can get in the air.  But the app is hit or miss with freezing on me then crashing about 30 seconds latter.  And cant record in 1080p and all nor 720p @120fps.
I was wondering for your 6s+ what version of IOS are you running?  I'm was on 11.1 then went up to 11.2 hoping it would fix it (BETA).  And my girlfriend just got the X.  Tried everything with no luck.  
2017-11-3
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

fansf099facd Posted at 2017-11-3 18:34
Hi there I've been reading your thread here.  And well I'm having some of the same issues, but with my iPhone 7 plus.  The interface comes up for the flight app and I can get in the air.  But the app is hit or miss with freezing on me then crashing about 30 seconds latter.  And cant record in 1080p and all nor 720p @120fps.
I was wondering for your 6s+ what version of IOS are you running?  I'm was on 11.1 then went up to 11.2 hoping it would fix it (BETA).  And my girlfriend just got the X.  Tried everything with no luck.

I have used it on 11.0.3 and 11.1 plus various versions of 11 beta before it.
2017-11-3
Use props
fansca962cd2
New
Italy

Hi, I've the same problem! Any suggestions!?!? thx
2017-11-4
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same here.... as soon as the DJI GO 4 connects to Mavic, the app freezes and can't do anything!!! iPhone has live video but it is unresponsive.
2017-11-4
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Australia

Kune Posted at 2017-11-4 03:31
Same here.... as soon as the DJI GO 4 connects to Mavic, the app freezes and can't do anything!!! iPhone has live video but it is unresponsive.

Hey yep same problem, tried everything I can think of with no luck so guessing it’s Dji not supporting the phone yet?
2017-11-4
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

Wow, that’s bad I’m astonished they could let this happen without at the very least send some kind of big bold communication
Really abysmal performance on DJI side.
2017-11-4
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

Buy Iphone Blade Runner 2049.
2017-11-4
Use props
fansd93ea74e
New
Belgium

This is real baaaaad, i’m Leaving on my honeymoon in a week with my Mavic AND my iPhone X, and it’s doing exactly what you said, please DJI if you read me, i’ll Be sooooooo mad at you if that means I won’t be able to record anything while honeymooning!
2017-11-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why I don't pioneer the latest greatest tech.  It pays off to wait for awhile.
2017-11-4
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-11-4 10:06
This is why I don't pioneer the latest greatest tech.  It pays off to wait for awhile.

Except the "new"  iPhone X tech has been on the market for several years... maybe running an older version of Go4 will work?
2017-11-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

SadMavic Posted at 2017-11-4 11:10
Except the "new"  iPhone X tech has been on the market for several years... maybe running an older version of Go4 will work?

Guess we'll see.
2017-11-4
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue. Thankfully I was able to still fly with Litchi. DJI PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!
2017-11-4
Use props
VinceP
lvl.1
United States

Same is going on with my iPhone X so I have to use my brothers phone for now while on vacation
2017-11-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Working fine for me on my iPhone X.  Here is my setup:

DJI Firmware v1.04 (I had to install this via Assistant as the OTA update caused the app to crash constantly)
DJI Go 4 v4.1.16
IOS 11.1

Wifi on, Bluetooth on, Data and Mobile on.

I just did another test flight to make sure and everything is fine.

I suggest (if you haven't already) deleting and reinstalling DJI Go 4, REFRESH both controller and Mavic to latest firmware via Assistant 2.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

I've been trying to connect my iPhone X to the Mavic Pro all day. I came across anthonyb's post and decided to try it. I have DJI Firmware, DJI Go 4 app, and iOS versions exactly as mentioned, but it still will not connect. The phone buzzes when plugged into the remote but that's all it does. It will not connect. Anybody else figure this out?
2017-11-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-11-4 16:15
I've been trying to connect my iPhone X to the Mavic Pro all day. I came across anthonyb's post and decided to try it. I have DJI Firmware, DJI Go 4 app, and iOS versions exactly as mentioned, but it still will not connect. The phone buzzes when plugged into the remote but that's all it does. It will not connect. Anybody else figure this out?

Did you use assistant to install the firmware?  Also I did a full delete of the DJI GO 4 app and did a fresh install.  When I logged in there was some new terms and conditions I had to agree with.  Before that it would get to the live view and crash every time.  I've got a feeling the RC firmware is where it's breaking down which is why I used assistant to refresh the RC.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
United States

Anthonyb I deleted DJI go 4 app and re downloaded it. It did not work.
2017-11-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-11-4 16:48
Anthonyb I deleted DJI go 4 app and re downloaded it. It did not work.

And just to confirm you refreshed both the mavic and the RC using the assistant software too?  Did the DJO GO app make you sign in and agree to terms and conditions too?
2017-11-4
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634245 ft
United States

I have been searching for a solution ever since I was having issues with my iPhone 7 Plus. Now that I receive my iPhone X yesterday i'm still dealing with this!  Super annoying.

I got my hopes up by reading anthonyb post.

I decided to:

1. Download Assistant.
2. Downloaded the firmwares v1.04 for both controller and Mavic.
3. Re-downloaded the newest version of DJI Go 4.
4. Rebooted everything

STILL NOTHING WORKS.

This is a major issue. You would have thought that DJI would have used the beta's that Apple has been putting out fo the the last month or so.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

DJI if your reading this update your app to work with iOS 11.1
2017-11-4
Use props
jbctech
New
Flight distance : 123576 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with iPhone X (11.1), DJI Go 4.1.16 and the latest firmware. When I connect, it just shows the last camera image in landscape with the camera options on the right. The screen is frozen and is not responsive. I killed the app several times, cleared cache and it never resolved. I'm happy that I was able to still fly by using the Litchi app, but hope that they resolve this issue soon. Does this particular issue seem to be isolated to iPhone X? Wondering how similar the issue is with previous phones -- my iPhone 7 worked perfectly.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

Id give it a few weeks and DJI will get a version out. It was only released 2 days ago!
2017-11-4
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

jbctech Posted at 2017-11-4 16:56
I'm having the same problem with iPhone X (11.1), DJI Go 4.1.16 and the latest firmware. When I connect, it just shows the last camera image in landscape with the camera options on the right. The screen is frozen and is not responsive. I killed the app several times, cleared cache and it never resolved. I'm happy that I was able to still fly by using the Litchi app, but hope that they resolve this issue soon. Does this particular issue seem to be isolated to iPhone X? Wondering how similar the issue is with previous phones -- my iPhone 7 worked perfectly.

I had the iPhone 7 Plus running 11.1 and still had the same issues. There has been multiple firmware beta leading up to 11.1. DJI should have put our a massive email or something to let customers know that 11.1 does not work.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
United States

Anthonyb I did download assistant 2 and updated controller and UAV firmware. Jessesagesmit actually describes what I did to the T.

I upgraded from iPhone 5 to X hoeing to be able to use my Mavic with a display (not RC only) only to find I went from one unsupported phone to another. I’m sure dji will fix this eventually but it does surprise me that they weren’t ahead of this.
2017-11-4
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
United States

DJEyeintheSky Posted at 2017-11-4 16:57
Id give it a few weeks and DJI will get a version out. It was only released 2 days ago!

This has been ongoing since the betas. There has been 9-10 betas and this issue has been going on for months.

DJI needs to get with the program.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJEyeintheSky
lvl.1
New Zealand

Jessesagesmith Posted at 2017-11-4 17:01
This has been ongoing since the betas. There has been 9-10 betas and this issue has been going on for months.

DJI needs to get with the program.

Didn't realise that as I don't personally own an X.

DJI is quite slack with things like that!
2017-11-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Without the RC connected to the phone does everyone’s iPhone X have an issue when clicking Start Flying?  Does everything look good but obviously not connected?
2017-11-4
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Australia

Yep looks good and screen is resonance if not connected to ether the rc or mavic
2017-11-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

When I first encountered the problem it was once I turned the RC on.   But again, I found out the problem was I had not accepted the new terms and conditions so it kept crashing.  It wasn't prompting me to accept them either.  I had to delete DJO Go 4, hard reset the iphone, reinstall the app, sign in to the app then connect to the RC.  Only then did it suddenly ask me to accept the new T&Cs and then boom, it worked just fine.  Oh, and it didn't want to do it via Mobile.  It only worked on wifi.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
United States

Anthonyb what are you referring to that only worked on WiFi, not mobile?
2017-11-5
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-11-5 08:32
Anthonyb what are you referring to that only worked on WiFi, not mobile?

The app was trying to access the internet and for some reason it wouldn't do it over mobile but it did work over wifi.  I have no idea what DJI did but a combination of the new firmware and new app on iOS meant new T&Cs that had to be accepted.  I can't exactly recall what it was but there was some new geo location stuff and without it the app would get to the drone connection screen after i clicked start flight and then instantly crash.
2017-11-5
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

This is seriously f'ed.  I leave tomorrow for vacation and its not working.  I reloaded DJI on my X and was able to connect to the drone and control it, then the screen froze.  I'm in the process of linking one of my other devices but this is serious BS, and of course no response from DJI on here.  If anyone finds a solution please let me know!  I was not looking to take every device I own on vacation with me!
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
United States

Anthonyb it sounds like your experience with the app not working is different from mine. For me the app does not connect then crash, it just never connects. I can confirm that the phone recognizes the connection though: If I go to settings>general>about the connection “c2” shows up. This is th connection to the RC. I can select c2 and then “find apps for this device” (IIRC) and the phone opens the App Store with a long list of apps for drones. I didn’t see dji go 4 in this list however I did see dji go. Anyone have experience using third party apps with the Mavic?

Back to the T&C’s: I reinstalled the app and accepted them while on WiFi and I’m still not connecting to the Mavic. I’m thinking the problem I’m experiencing is different from that which you solved.
2017-11-5
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

DJI1234 Posted at 2017-11-5 11:19
Anthonyb it sounds like your experience with the app not working is different from mine. For me the app does not connect then crash, it just never connects. I can confirm that the phone recognizes the connection though: If I go to settings>general>about the connection “c2” shows up. This is th connection to the RC. I can select c2 and then “find apps for this device” (IIRC) and the phone opens the App Store with a long list of apps for drones. I didn’t see dji go 4 in this list however I did see dji go. Anyone have experience using third party apps with the Mavic?

Back to the T&C’s: I reinstalled the app and accepted them while on WiFi and I’m still not connecting to the Mavic. I’m thinking the problem I’m experiencing is different from that which you solved.

Mine is also freezing, then crashing shortly after connection.  I know this is basic but I start my Mavic, then the RC, then launch the app, then plug into the RC.  Not sure if you will be able to connect in that order.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
United States

Agonzarn thanks for sharing your order of power up / connection. I’ll try this.

I just connected via WiFi for the first time and flew that way for the first time. I’m not crazy about flying with virtual sticks on the screen but at least it was something.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules