IPhone X not working with DJI GO4 / Mavic
24719 112 2017-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634245 ft
United States

Was able to finally connect but haven't had a chance to really fly yet. I will have to try this weekend.

BUT, guess what?!?!  A new iOS came out today. 11.1.1 is out and I'm super afraid to upgrade because It might break.

Anyone have the guts to update and try?
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

Jessesagesmit, I tried to connect my iPhone X once more with iOS 11.1. It did not work so I updated to 11.1.1 and tried again; nothing different. It worked! I’ll test it outdoors when there is light out. It seems the latest iOS update fixed the issue for me.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852343 ft
United States

Confirmed with two flights today, iOS 11.1.1 update got my iPhone X connection to the dji go 4 app working finally.
2017-11-10
Use props
GLSSBLWR
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same problem... but it comes and goes... it seems random - but when I exit the app and restart - sometimes it is the full video screen as you describe... sometimes it is the normal home screen. Very frustrating.
2017-11-11
Use props
Jessesagesmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1634245 ft
United States

Hey Everyone... Just wanted to update.

Well, today was a successfully day flying. I was able to test many features with the DJI Go app without any issues. My setup was iPhone X on 11.1.1.

I wanted to thank everyone for posting there issues and reaching out to DJI to get this done ASAP. Taking about 5-7 days to resolve wasn't bad. I was thinking it was going to take a while since twitter and the emails weren't really narrowing down the issue.

Good Luck everyone!
2017-11-11
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270469 ft
Hong Kong

Unfortunately I don’t think the issue is fully resolved. I have a new iPhone 8 plus running iOS 11.1.1 and a mavic. Tried all suggestions above but my Mavic won’t connect to my phone.
2017-11-12
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

htenbos Posted at 2017-11-12 18:50
Unfortunately I don’t think the issue is fully resolved. I have a new iPhone 8 plus running iOS 11.1.1 and a mavic. Tried all suggestions above but my Mavic won’t connect to my phone.

My brother has a similar issue, I thought it was quite strange given my iPhone X is on iOS 11.1.1 and works fine with latest DJI Go 4 app.

So I decided to have a look at his iPhone 8 Plus and noticed the following:
1. He had both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 app installed. You only need DJI Go 4, so I deleted the old DJI Go app.
The drone connected and was able to fly, but then he started to get disconnected again.
2. I switch his default plug to the USB plug under the controller.
He was flying his Mavic with no issues after and was flying right next to my Mavic.
2017-11-12
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

cluc Posted at 2017-11-12 20:54
My brother has a similar issue, I thought it was quite strange given my iPhone X is on iOS 11.1.1 and works fine with latest DJI Go 4 app.

So I decided to have a look at his iPhone 8 Plus and noticed the following:

Thanks. Unfortunately my configuration is already like that. No using the DJI Go app, kust adJai GO 4 and I am usign a normal lightning to USB cable which is plugged into the USB slot at the bottom.
2017-11-13
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Follow up question: IIS anyone who has connection issues with DJI GO 4 also running other apps (Litchi or Autopilot) and if yes, are they properly connecting to the Mavic? I also use Litchi and it has exactly the same problem as the DJI app, it also shows ‘disconnected’

If that’s the case I assume it’s either an issue with iOS itself or there is a dependency between the apps
2017-11-14
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

Still not working on my iPhone X - tried everything, like uninstalling, reinstalling after resetting the phone, nothing works. The app does not freeze but it always shows “rc disconnected”
Latest iOS version
2017-11-16
Use props
Alexander_
New
United States

_1234567890
2017-11-16
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I saw that Apple released a minor bug fix release earlier today: iOS 11.1.3. After upgrading and rebooting the device the DJI Go app is able to connect to Teh Mavic again !!
I have not been able to fly it yet but will try to do this tomorrow.
2017-11-17
Use props
htenbos
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Apologies, the version number in the above reply should be 11.1.2.

I had issues with 11.1.1 and it looks like connectivity is restored with the iOS 11.1.2 release.
2017-11-17
Use props
mediossehd
lvl.4

Turkey

system will be update and it will be solve, i think.
2017-11-17
Use props
Nozem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411063 ft
Netherlands

I’m unable to connect my iPhone-X to the DJIGO4 app and Mavic at this moment. I think I tried everything.
Reinstalling DJIGO4, hard booting the IPhone again reinstalling DJIGO4, different lightning cables.

The IPhone is running IOS 11.1.2 on IPhone-X (Euro model MQAF2ZD/A) Mavic is on v1.4.0.0 DJIGO4 v4.1.18

Connecting to my IPhone8 is all works brilliant.

Confusing: in the release notes for DJIGO4 v4.1.18 new Mavic firmware 1.4.1.0 is mentioned, but I’m unable find this new firmware in de DJIassistant2. Upgrading could be helpful in fixing the problems.

Any hints?
2017-11-21
Use props
crix26
New
United States

I see the same issue. Controller won't connect to APP. Shows only "Disconnected". It works OK with iPhone 6s+ and iPad Pro though.

All the Latest Versions and iOS 11.1.2 on iPhoneX.
Contacted Customer Support, their Answer:

Dear xxx,

thank you for contacting DJI Support. The iPhone X is not compatible with and therefore not supported by the DJI GO app at the moment.
You can find a list of all officially supported mobile devices to work with the DJI GO app here (under "APP / LIVE VIEW"):

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

iOS Version v4.1.15.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.15.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

I´m pretty sure DJI is working on an update in order to support the iPhone X in the future. But for now, it´s not possible to use the iPhone X with DJI Products.

Thank you!
2017-11-22
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925732 ft
New Zealand

Be great to hear from DJI if iPhone X compatibility is on the way / get an ETA!

I’ve tried everything suggested here but can’t get a connection of any kind
2017-11-30
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Quick question, have you tried a different OTG cable? I've been on iOS 11.1.2 on my iPad Mini 4 and never had connectivity issue. The only thing that I might have done differently, is NOT to use the stock lightning cable, but the original long lightning cable that came with my iPad mini and a OTG cable adapter that I purchased from Amazon. I have not had any disconnection problem at all. Just my two cents
2017-11-30
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks for the suggestion but yeah I’ve tried different cables and still no connection. It’s working perfectly fine on my iPhone 7 Plus so I’m not grounded but I’d like to retire that phone.  
2017-12-1
Use props
Racer38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204203 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Phantom 4 Pro, same issue cant use my iPhone X .. My iPad Mini works perfectly. Just cant get the iPhone X to connect.
2017-12-2
Use props
Racer38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204203 ft
  • >>>
United States

Racer38 Posted at 2017-12-2 08:41
I have a Phantom 4 Pro, same issue cant use my iPhone X .. My iPad Mini works perfectly. Just cant get the iPhone X to connect.

Seems I spoke too soon. I did an iPhone update to 11.2 and it works like a champ every time !
2017-12-2
Use props
Nozem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411063 ft
Netherlands

I can confirm IOS 11.2 on my iPhone-X and it works like a charm!

iPhone-x model MQAF2ZD/A (european)
DJIGO4 v4.1.18
Mavic firmware 1.4.1.0
Original DJI lightning cable

2017-12-3
Use props
Hullie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3356657 ft
Netherlands

Agree with ^
I've got my iPhone-X connected on IOS 11.2. I restored an iPhone 6 backup to iPhone X

iPhone-X model MQAF2ZD/A (european)
DJIGO4 v4.1.18
Mavic firmware 1.4.1.0
Original DJI lightning cable
2017-12-3
Use props
effy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332884 ft
Israel

you must disconnect your older iphone from dji go app in order to use your new one
2017-12-5
Use props
dlord3
New
United States

I contacted dji support about 10 days ago and their response was the Mavic/Go4 app are not compatible with the I-Phone X. I then asked if it would be in the future and their response was a link to a page showing everything currently compatible. The highest I-Phone was the 7, 7+, and SE. No I-Phone 8, 8+ or X was on the list. So two questions I have (which they don't appear willing to commit to at this time) is are they working towards making Apple's newest phones compatible and did this same thing happen last year when the 7 series came out and the year before with the 6's. Anyone have an answer?
2017-12-5
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

Thanks for that suggestion. Is it just a case of signing out of the app or is there more to it (signing out hasn’t worked and still no connection). Cheers
2017-12-5
Use props
fans26077d1b
lvl.2
New Zealand

So I finally got my iPhone X connected thanks effy for the tip about disconnecting the old phone.

I had to do the following
- sign out and delete the DJI Go4 app on the old phone
- on the iPhone X I then signed out deleted the app too
- restarted the X
- reinstalled the DJI Go4 app and logged in

Then when I started things up it connected fine. Stoked! I’ve not flown yet but getting a connection of any kind has been impossible for me until now.

Note that just signing out on the old phone did not work. I only got a connection after performing all the above steps
2017-12-6
Use props
Usermix
New

Uzbekistan

Работая в салоне iphone я  купил квартиру в этом сайте https://agrovid.com
2018-1-27
Use props
bilanmogan
lvl.1

India

Have you updated to iOS 11.1 after initial setup? I am using the latest perfect update and also download free ringtones for iphone X.
2018-5-4
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

Hi, from your description, it seems that there is something wrong with your iPhone X which leads to this problem. In order to solve it, you may restart iPhone or restore iPhone with iTunes after backup. These two methods can repair some minor bugs with iPhone system. If failed, you may need a professional iPhone system repair tool to fix. I have tried Joyoshare UltFix to fix my iPhone Siri issue. With it, you will not risk losing any data on iPhone. Hope this can help you!
2019-9-9
Use props
cony
lvl.2

China

I think that your iPhone system may have some problems. Have you updated your iPhone to the latest version? Just check the update of the iPhone. Besides, try to hard restart iPhone. 1) Quickly press and release the volume up button.2) Quickly press and release the volume down button.3) Press and keep holding the side button until the screen turns off and then turns back on. Then you can release the side button when the Apple logo appears. After that, your iPhone X will restart automatically. Check this passage to know how to do: https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-repair/iphone-x-reboot-loop-fix.html
2020-11-29
Use props
szruccomin123
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

It maybe the compatibility issue btween your iPhone X and the app. Try to update both the app and the iPhone. If no luck, feel free to use a powerful ios repair tool like TunesKit (https://www.joyoshare.com/ultfix/) to fix the issue without data loss.
2021-4-28
Use props
szruccomin123
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

It maybe the compatibility issue btween your iPhone X and the app. Try to update both the app and the iPhone. If no luck, feel free to use a powerful ios repair tool like Joyoshare UltFix (https://www.joyoshare.com/ultfix/) to fix the issue without data loss.
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules